Author Topic: The illegal invader caravan thread  (Read 18256 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: The illegal invader caravan thread
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2018, 04:23:05 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/us/border-patrol-warns-texas-landowners-about-possible-armed-civilians-in-area-due-to-caravan-report

The U.S. Border Patrol this week reportedly told Texas landowners along the U.S.-Mexico border to prepare for a possible influx of "armed civilians" on their property as the migrant caravan moves closer to the U.S., a report said.

The Associated Press reported that these civilians say they intend to support the National Guard and Border Patrol to prevent the illegal migrants from crossing into the U.S.

Aren't the folks in south Texas usually armed?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2018, 12:33:52 AM »
Ummm, Objection your Honor.  How do they even have standing when they are neither citizens, nor residents, nor even physically present in the US.  Therefore, they are NOT subject to US law.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/11/01/wait-what-group-of-migrants-in-caravan-file-lawsuit-against-trump-alleging-shockingly-unconstitutional-border-policies/

And what moron(s), deserving of disbarment filed this craptastic case.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2018, 12:48:56 AM »
And there are at least 270 convicted (not just charged) criminals.  And people over 20 different countries make up the caravan per DHS.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/dhs-caravan-migrants-from-20-countries-include-270-convicted-criminals

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2018, 08:47:36 AM »
Who is paying their legal bills?
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2018, 09:15:16 AM »

Don't know, but I'm guessing the attorney fees would give the six adults (per the article I read, 12 are suing - six adults, six children) a comfortable middle class life in Mexico. But of course asylum is not the goal.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2018, 09:38:59 AM »
There is also this to consider:

Individuals generally must make their claim for asylum in the first country they enter after fleeing persecution if that country is considered a “safe third country.” If a country has not been designated a safe third country, an asylum seeker may pass through it and apply for asylum in the next country.

http://immigrationimpact.com/2018/06/01/asylum-seekers-mexico-safe-third-country/

In cursory searching, I couldn't find anything definitive on it. Or more precisely, what would legally allow asylum seekers to say FU to Mexico and continue on to the US? The article indicates "some" countries feel that Mexico is not safe, hence the caravan can legally continue to the US. Nevermind that like most countries, there are specific "dangerous areas" in Mexico while most of the country lives a normal life. Also note the blurb where Canada considers the US "not a safe asylum country".

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2018, 02:17:00 PM »
Caravan is up to 12,000 now. Wouldn't that mean that these "asylum seeking refugees", this far into Mexico, and this far from Mexico's Southern border, now have lots of Mexicans joining them to get across? Mexicans don't need asylum from Mexico.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2018, 07:14:06 PM »

An organization local to me called Nexus services is running the lawsuit, always wondered where they made their money, I guess Soros is a likely answer now.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2018, 09:19:23 PM »
¡Sigue el dinero!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2018, 05:16:24 PM »
An interesting update. Some undisclosed group paid for "LGBT migrants" to be separately bused to the border ahead of the main caravan. Sounds to me like they want to make them a media poster child test case for asylum.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/lgbt-members-of-migrant-caravan-reach-us-border-say-they-endured-verbal-abuse-by-other-migrants

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2018, 05:22:08 PM »
...say they endured verbal abuse by other migrants.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: So they need asylum from the migrant caravan.  :rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2018, 07:56:22 PM »
So the caravan is back in the news? I was just noticing how the caravan seemed to have almost completely disappeared from the news as soon as we got past election day week.

Probably a coincidence ...

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2018, 08:55:20 AM »
"They are still hundreds of miles away."

When Acosta said that, I wanted to slap the living *expletive deleted*it out of him.  Like they are not taking trucks, and buses, and any other form of transport.  They aren't just walking.  He should have had his press pass pulled, simply for being that *expletive deleted*ing stupid.

But yeah, they are out of the news.  But once they show up and border and Trump's "Send 'em back, RFN !!!" order takes effect, there will be lots of news stories about the "cruelty" being inflicted upon them by the callous US policy of Donald Trump.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2018, 10:06:46 AM »
I want to know what the rules of engagement are for the troops [supposedly] deployed along the border.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2018, 10:13:44 AM »
I want to know what the rules of engagement are for the troops [supposedly] deployed along the border.

"Don't"

The Service Members deployed to the border are supposedly doing maintenance and logistics stuff, freeing up CBP Officers to do the actual engagements.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2018, 10:56:45 AM »

The Service Members deployed to the border are supposedly doing maintenance and logistics stuff, freeing up CBP Officers to do the actual engagements.

That's my understanding, too -- and I do not approve. This isn't a bunch of smugglers trying to sneak a dozen or two illegals across at a time -- this is an organized invasion, and the mob has already shown that they will engage in violence to cross a national border. A violent invasion should be repelled with more violence than the invaders ever knew existed.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2018, 11:43:59 AM »
If they were *really* seeking asylum wouldn't they do so at the American embassy in Mexico City? 

I don't think under international treaties they are legally refugees because they didn't seek asylum in Mexico but are continuing on to USA, but they could still seek asylum if/when they get here.  We are not obligated to grant asylum, but we might be obligated to allow them to apply.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2018, 12:11:20 PM »
I like this take on the LGBT maneuver:

Um, if this is true, why would the U.S. grant asylum to members of the caravan who are attacking other members of the caravan because of their sexual identity?

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2018, 03:08:35 PM »
I like this take on the LGBT maneuver:

I have to agree it is a really good maneuver.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2018, 09:29:34 PM »
If they were *really* seeking asylum wouldn't they do so at the American embassy in Mexico City? 

I don't think under international treaties they are legally refugees because they didn't seek asylum in Mexico but are continuing on to USA, but they could still seek asylum if/when they get here.  We are not obligated to grant asylum, but we might be obligated to allow them to apply.

And Mexico offered them housing and jobs. Sounds to me like asylum is not what they are after.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2018, 10:11:34 PM »
That's my understanding, too -- and I do not approve. This isn't a bunch of smugglers trying to sneak a dozen or two illegals across at a time -- this is an organized invasion, and the mob has already shown that they will engage in violence to cross a national border. A violent invasion should be repelled with more violence than the invaders ever knew existed.

I tend to agree, but I'm too cowardly to actually suggest quad M2s every half mile.  

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2018, 10:32:22 PM »
I tend to agree, but I'm too cowardly to actually suggest quad M2s every half mile.  

A-10s and napalm?

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2018, 10:33:20 PM »
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2018, 10:36:08 PM »
Re the LGBTLSFRJLG "point squad":

I have to agree it is a really good maneuver.

For decades* I've been bitching about the fact that the folks who are directing all left-wing stuff are expert, hard-nosed military-grade full-time salaried strategists and tacticians, worthy of being on General Patton's staff.

So what did you expect?

Terry, 230RN

* I mean it.  I finally became "woke" to the long term efforts of the anti-gunners after I started to research it with GCA68.  At the time, the NRA directorship was mostly "go along to get along."