Author Topic: The illegal invader caravan thread  (Read 18367 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: The illegal invader caravan thread
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2018, 08:36:30 PM »
I don't hold out a lot of hope they will be stopped.  Didn't most of the folks in the last caravan finally make it into the country once all the hoopla had died down?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 08:41:06 PM »
Horde of literal invaders? 

Do we not have AC-130s anymore?

"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2018, 11:07:38 PM »
I want them stopped by any means necessary.
I doubt that anything will be done.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2018, 11:21:47 PM »
I want them stopped by any means necessary.
I doubt that anything will be done.

I agree.  Turn a few of them back, news will get around, and they'll stop coming.  Australia has demonstrated that it can be done.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2018, 11:25:04 PM »
I agree.  Turn a few of them back, news will get around, and they'll stop coming.  Australia has demonstrated that it can be done.

Australia?

Who's been trying to walk to Australia?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2018, 12:33:54 AM »
1.  Pick them up in buses at border.
2.  Take them to the nearest Airport.
3.  Load them onto planes (large chartered A/C in not enough USAF Transports)
4.  Fly them back to the airport in the capital city of their home country.
5.  Return to the US with empty aircraft.
6.  Repeat.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2018, 02:02:33 AM »
1.  Pick them up in buses at border.
2.  Take them to the nearest Airport.
3.  Load them onto planes (large chartered A/C in not enough USAF Transports)
4.  Fly them back to the airport in the capital city of their home country.
5.  Return to the US with empty aircraft.
6.  Repeat.

I still favor dropping them in CONEX boxes attached to cargo chutes. Less chance of the native country declining to take them back.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2018, 07:48:13 AM »
And, for the confirmed gang members, drug dealers, previously deported, or other criminal persuasion we could forgo the parachutes and conex boxes.

I think it's gonna get ugly.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2018, 08:12:07 AM »
There is a process to apply for asylum and a process for legally entering the country.

All others should be turned away.

If some persist, refusing to follow our laws, then they should be arrested, jailed and deported once they have served their time.

Silly me, I forgot, I live in clown world where none of that happens even with the most anti illegal immigration President we’ve had in our lifetimes.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2018, 09:44:48 AM »
There is a process to apply for asylum and a process for legally entering the country.

All others should be turned away.

If some persist, refusing to follow our laws, then they should be arrested, jailed and deported once they have served their time.

Silly me, I forgot, I live in clown world where none of that happens even with the most anti illegal immigration President we’ve had in our lifetimes.
I think the border patrol has their hands tied with a lot of miscellaneous laws on immigration that allow these people to play the system.  Treating them as an invasion force may short circuit that but I don't know.  Laws need to be changed (with Congress involved) in order to make a real change.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 11:44:27 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2018, 10:02:00 AM »
I don't know how much stock we can put in the source but if it's accurate the *expletive deleted*it is gonna get real.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/10/23/mexican-news-outlet-officials-say-14000-honduran-migrants-heading-to-u-s/
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2018, 10:04:16 AM »
I think the border patrol has their hands tied with a lot of miscellaneous laws on immigration that allow these people get play the system.  Treating them as an invasion force may short circuit that but I don't know.  Laws need to be changed (with Congress involved) in order to make a real change.

Also the Border Patrol (through no fault of their own) are simply not capable of handling a mob this size. While I see Dogmush's point of, "don't bring the Army in unless you want us to kill and break stuff", the only way to handle a mob like this, that has already shown it will get violent, is with an overwhelming show of force.

They might not even need to do anything. Enough scary assets present might give the mob second thoughts.  Seems like less people would be hurt that way than with playing paddy cake with them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2018, 10:15:38 AM »
Tear gas, water cannons, rubber bullets...
I wonder if you could rig up a fire fighter air tanker to drop tank loads of pepper spray...
http://www.boldmethod.com/blog/lists/2016/03/19-aerial-firefighting-aircraft/

The old stand-byes of course can be employed...
https://www.businessinsider.com/the-8-most-painful-non-lethal-weapons-2015-10

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2018, 10:17:08 AM »
Doesn’t the military have those non-lethal and less lethal tools to control mobs?

Securing our borders is whose responsibility?

Obviously Border Patrol and Homeland Security but at some point isn’t it the US military that bears the burden of securing the border?

This shouldn’t even be controversial.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2018, 10:48:50 AM »

They might not even need to do anything. Enough scary assets present might give the mob second thoughts.  Seems like less people would be hurt that way than with playing paddy cake with them.

They will need to hurt somebody, and likely a number of somebodies. There are too many young and dumb males in that caravan, and there has been too much precedent. They will assume that any assets on the border are there for show, and they WILL try to force their way through.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2018, 10:50:03 AM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2018, 10:58:51 AM »
They will need to hurt somebody, and likely a number of somebodies. There are too many young and dumb males in that caravan, and there has been too much precedent. They will assume that any assets on the border are there for show, and they WILL try to force their way through.

I'm afraid you'll end up being right here. Up till now, everyone (Mexico), has made a show, then stepped aside when the mob got violent.

Honestly, I believe defensive violence will be the only way to stop them*, but the optics played out in the MSM are going to be terrible.

*By "them" I absolutely believe that there are hired elements in this group to cause trouble and keep the "sheep" in the mob going.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2018, 11:43:04 AM »
I would be lining the border with these for starters, or who knows, they may already be in place.

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2018, 11:48:41 AM »
I'm afraid you'll end up being right here. Up till now, everyone (Mexico), has made a show, then stepped aside when the mob got violent.

Honestly, I believe defensive violence will be the only way to stop them*, but the optics played out in the MSM are going to be terrible.

*By "them" I absolutely believe that there are hired elements in this group to cause trouble and keep the "sheep" in the mob going.
I am not sure how much we should fear the MSM and whatever interpretation they make.  At the least, I think letting fear of their reaction stop you from making the right decision the wrong way to go.  I think that sort of attitude is why people support Trump in the first place. 

That said, I don't know what options we have to stop them while they are still deep in Mexico and what has been done to find out who is paying for this.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2018, 11:54:13 AM »
I am sick of our country being transformed slowly transformed into a left wing $&^hole by immigration.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2018, 12:02:02 PM »
Where's Black Jack Pershing when we need him ??

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2018, 12:10:31 PM »
Trump needs to make this Mexico’s problem, before they get to the border.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2018, 12:24:06 PM »
Trump needs to make this Mexico’s problem, before they get to the border.

I think, but not sure, that was already on the table and Mexico folded like a cheap suit.  =|

bob

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2018, 12:41:02 PM »
3rd Cavalry is at Ft. Hood.  We'd have to bring in the 11th ACR from Ft. Irwin and then we could recreate 1916...

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.