Author Topic: The illegal invader caravan thread  (Read 18381 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: The illegal invader caravan thread
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2018, 10:53:36 PM »
Let "Puff" fly the boarder...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2018, 11:24:07 PM »
Hawkmoon spake thusly:

A violent invasion should be repelled with more violence than the invaders ever knew existed.

Reminds me of Jeff Cooper's answer to the question about what he would do if violence were directed at him.  Something like:  "I would endeavor to provide more violence in return than he can possibly enjoy."

:rofl:

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2018, 11:31:53 PM »

I wonder if any still exist. There are still lots of DC-3s and C47s, but I wonder if there are any in "Puff" configuration.

Man, they were awesome. They flew missions within view of where I was in the central highlands a few times. At night it was just a stream of fire coming out of that bird. We heard that the rate of fire was so great that the planes were displaced sideways in the air. We all called BS on that .... until we saw it. But I think the Warthog is ultimately even more effective and more intimidating.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2018, 11:57:39 PM »
Yup, on the BS and warthog
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2018, 12:40:52 AM »
Magic dragon gunship:

https://youtu.be/uKOrpyO0z48 (3:37)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2018, 02:48:25 AM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2018, 08:04:14 AM »

Magic dragon gunship:

https://youtu.be/uKOrpyO0z48 (3:37)

HA! Different kind of PUFF than what I was thinking apparently. :facepalm: :rofl:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2018, 05:07:06 PM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2018, 05:29:13 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2018, 08:50:43 PM »

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2018, 06:10:36 PM »
So as of now it appears at least 7000 "asylum seekers" will be queued up in Tijuana?

https://www.foxnews.com/world/as-migrant-caravan-reaches-tijuana-overwhelmed-city-asks-mexican-government-for-4-million
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2018, 06:33:26 PM »
NPR did a story on this, I can't remember if it was yesterday or earlier this week.

Basically if the members of the caravan wait in line at the border, go through the interview process and pass, they will be granted asylum.

What it sounds like is that the members of this caravan have been told all along the way that this isn't going to happen, so many have been trying to run across the borders in groups at the car crossings, they get caught and detained. The news person also said, in the past about 91% of the people in previous caravans passed the initial screening and were granted asylum.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2018, 06:48:14 PM »
Basically if the members of the caravan wait in line at the border, go through the interview process and pass, they will be granted asylum.

I don't understand how every one of these people would qualify for asylum. We already have documented evidence of criminals who were booted out of the country once already trying to get back in.

Plus I'm probably biased from stories my mom told from when she was a refugee. They were lucky to have any kind of clothes or shoes at all. My mom walked from Hungary to Austria in men's boots way too big for her and jacket sewn together from an old blanket. Pictures of these "asylum seekers" show a lot of well dressed people with smart phones.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2018, 08:54:35 AM »
The extra military personnel are slated to leave the border region no later than December 15.  It sounds like they weren't really serious about augmenting border security after all.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2018, 10:56:27 AM »
Plus I'm probably biased from stories my mom told from when she was a refugee. They were lucky to have any kind of clothes or shoes at all. My mom walked from Hungary to Austria in men's boots way too big for her and jacket sewn together from an old blanket. Pictures of these "asylum seekers" show a lot of well dressed people with smart phones.

I imagine if Central America had just finished up being the epicenter of World War and two different allied powers fighting over who gets to divide up what, they would be dressed in rags. Well dressed I am not surprised, Americans donate a lot of gently used clothes that eventually makes it way to poorer parts of the world, I'm not a fashionista so I can't tell of if they are wearing this fall's fashion for pants or something from 20 years ago. Basic clothing really hasn't changed much in 30 years, not like they are wearing polyester leisure suits. Outside the US, smart phones are basic and cheap, so seeing those it doesn't surprise me.

I've been trying to figure out why they are coming here, seems from normal news sources its 50/50, some are escaping crime/corruption ridden areas and others are wanting a better life, with a better wages. Of course there is always going to be a certain percentage of any group that tries to criminally game the system, like most groups, this is probably a very low percentage.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2018, 11:11:10 AM »
Why would anyone want to deny these proto US citizens the freedom from want, fear and the right to vote for the Democrats?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2018, 11:15:35 AM »
I've been trying to figure out why they are coming here, seems from normal news sources its 50/50, some are escaping crime/corruption ridden areas and others are wanting a better life, with a better wages. Of course there is always going to be a certain percentage of any group that tries to criminally game the system, like most groups, this is probably a very low percentage.

While some of them are most certainly hoping to "live the American dream" of being able to work their way to prosperity, I think far too many are coming for the handouts. For those that want to escape crime and corruption, Mexico gave them an option, but it seems nobody wanted it. They could have settled in a land with similar cultural attributes and language, where despite all the negative news, there are large "middle class" areas not dissimilar to Anytown USA.

If nothing else, they could initially accept Mexico's offer and then apply to legally immigrate into the US if this is what they really want to shoot for. I still argue that 95% of this group does not qualify for asylum status, which to me generally means there is an immediate need to leave due to danger to life. In that case again, as per international agreement, you accept asylum in the first safe State you enter, which in this case is Mexico. When they said "no thanks" to the asylum offer, to me, at that point, they just became emigrants.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2018, 11:17:23 AM »
Why would anyone want to deny these proto US citizens the freedom from want, fear and the right to vote for the Democrats?

Most legal/former illegal immigrants I know, aren't fans of the democrat party. Might be a Iowa thing.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2018, 11:20:44 AM »
Most legal/former illegal immigrants I know, aren't fans of the democrat party. Might be a Iowa thing.

I suspect even in CA a large/predominate portion of LEGAL immigrants tend R. Perhaps less so the legal immigrants from South of the border, but legal immigrants from other countries seem to tend conservative and hate illegal immigration. Which kinda makes sense, because nobody likes line-cutters.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2018, 11:32:37 AM »
The racial breakdown of voting patterns is not a state secret.

There isn’t a single immigrant population of any other race that is even evenly split 50/50 let alone being natural conservatives.

That doesn’t mean they are bad people, that I don’t like them or I hate them.

More immigrants, even white Europeans I suspect, equals more Democrat control.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 12:05:41 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2018, 03:36:25 PM »
For those that want to escape crime and corruption, Mexico gave them an option, but it seems nobody wanted it. They could have settled in a land with similar cultural attributes and language, where despite all the negative news, there are large "middle class" areas not dissimilar to Anytown USA.

News seems to tell us there is no safe place in Mexico either, perhaps the members of the caravan think the same way.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2018, 04:00:56 PM »
News seems to tell us there is no safe place in Mexico either, perhaps the members of the caravan think the same way.

Large swaths of the world are unsafe.

They all cannot come here.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2018, 04:19:15 PM »
Large swaths of the world are unsafe.

They all cannot come here.

I would agree with you but with the ultra low unemployment in some areas, there is a need to for folks wanting a better life. Hell there is at least 2000 unfilled positions in the area where I live, granted most of them don't pay much more than $10-12 and are hard work, but someone needs to fill those jobs. 

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2018, 04:26:06 PM »
I would agree with you but with the ultra low unemployment in some areas, there is a need to for folks wanting a better life. Hell there is at least 2000 unfilled positions in the area where I live, granted most of them don't pay much more than $10-12 and are hard work, but someone needs to fill those jobs. 

They need to raise the pay scale to attract workers.

If it’s hard work it is worth more than $12 an hour in this economy.

Gas station attendants make that in some areas.