Author Topic: Looks Like Steve King, R-IA4 is gone.  (Read 7492 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Looks Like Steve King, R-IA4 is gone.
« on: October 30, 2018, 06:15:09 PM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Triphammer

• friend
Re: Looks Like Steve King, R-IA4 is gone.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 08:43:50 PM »
So, two companies pull future donations that In the past totaled $3000 & this is a big deal?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 10:09:34 PM »
So, two companies pull future donations that In the past totaled $3000 & this is a big deal?

In Iowa, yes. More have pulled donations since then.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 09:24:03 AM »
What did he do?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 09:30:17 AM »
What did he do?

As a congressman, Jack Squat.

He has made a few poor choices in speaking and on social media.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 12:40:01 AM »
He survived, I see an House Ethic's Investigation on him very soon.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator

Uranus is a gas giant.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 10:05:14 AM »
King's response.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/steve-king-says-white-supremacist-comment-mischaracterized

You know, I actually assumed that he was using poorly chosen descriptors to talk about Western civilization (and possibly a commentary on "everything is the old white man's fault) when I first read his comments. However, it really was a stupid way to say it, especially in this day and age when people can't see beyond words. "Yay white supremacists" is something a competent politician should know to avoid.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 10:30:37 AM »
The Republicans couldn’t wait till he slipped up and gave them an excuse to kick him to the curb.

The Republican Congressional leadership loves to sit idly by while the country is used and abused by sickos, they facilitate and enjoy the show. They actually chose defeat this midterm over MAGA. They’re submissives not leaders.

For all his faults he seems to be a defender of western civ.

That will not do in our brave new world.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 12:33:14 PM »
The Republicans couldn’t wait till he slipped up and gave them an excuse to kick him to the curb.
They could have done so the previous time, or the time before that. This isn't his first 'mistake' and I'm not sure he deserves the benefit of the doubt anymore. Last time this happened he just tried to lie about it and that didn't go well:
So, King claimed our reporter lied. He didn’t. He claimed we didn’t have a recording. We do. He insisted we refused to release the audio. Untrue. It’s worth remembering these things as you evaluate the credibility of the claim from King
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2019, 12:38:08 PM »
They could have done so the previous time, or the time before that. This isn't his first 'mistake' and I'm not sure he deserves the benefit of the doubt anymore. Last time this happened he just tried to lie about it and that didn't go well:

Like I said, for all his faults.

He is on the right side of the issue and the Republicans are on the wrong side.

We have no wall and porous borders due to the Republicans.

They want open borders just like the Democrats and every other globalist out there.

Republicans always shoot to the right.

They’re submissives not leaders.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 01:08:41 PM »
He also really hasn't done crap as a congressman other than be a vote. A good chunk of his district voter are members of various Dutch reformed churches, they will never vote for any Democrat. This will change after the 2020 census when Iowa probably losses another Representative.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 01:11:18 PM »
He also really hasn't done crap as a congressman other than be a vote. A good chunk of his district voter are members of various Dutch reformed churches, they will never vote for any Democrat. This will change after the 2020 census when Iowa probably losses another Representative.

Have his votes been representative of his district?

Do you mean he hasn’t brought home enough pork?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2019, 01:33:37 PM »
Have his votes been representative of his district?

Do you mean he hasn’t brought home enough pork?

He votes on party lines, the district does have more registered GOP than Dem, but there is a large percentage of non party registered voters.

He doesn't introduce (or barely has) any legislation that fits what he talks about.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 01:48:12 PM »
I also don't get why he is anti immigrant, his district has a lot of industries that rely on cheap labor at the packing plants and other ag related industries.

Uranus is a gas giant.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 07:20:34 PM »
I also don't get why he is anti immigrant, his district has a lot of industries that rely on cheap labor at the packing plants and other ag related industries.
That is an interesting take.  I know very little about this guy - is he anti-immigrant or anti-illegal immigrant?  Whether he is consistently misquoted or is a jerk, would it be better in your eyes for him to prioritize corporate special interests over that of his constituency as a whole?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2019, 07:54:32 PM »
Republicans love to eat their members who get castigated by, well, anyone.  Democrats celebrate and embrace their felons and mal, mis and nonfeasors.  Ds are the party of diversity, you know.  That means they embrace everyone, even those in prison or should be in prison.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 07:59:57 PM »
That is an interesting take.  I know very little about this guy - is he anti-immigrant or anti-illegal immigrant?  Whether he is consistently misquoted or is a jerk, would it be better in your eyes for him to prioritize corporate special interests over that of his constituency as a whole?

Actually it is hard to tell if he is anti immigrant or anti illegal immigrant. He does a horrible job of explaining himself at times. He is a mix of being a jerk and misquoted. He has always claimed to be pro small business, but he does favor large business at times.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 10:28:13 AM »
Actually it is hard to tell if he is anti immigrant or anti illegal immigrant. He does a horrible job of explaining himself at times. He is a mix of being a jerk and misquoted. He has always claimed to be pro small business, but he does favor large business at times.

Well you got your wish, he was the focus of an official 2 minutes of hate and is now persona non grata.

Let that be a lesson to any other fools who wish stand up for western civilization and heritage America.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2019, 10:48:11 AM »
Well you got your wish, he was the focus of an official 2 minutes of hate and is now persona non grata.

Let that be a lesson to any other fools who wish stand up for western civilization and heritage America.

If he's a martyr for Western Civ, he's hardly the first one, or the most effective warrior for the cause, or among the more sympathetic of the group.

Personally, despite a life-long abhorrence of racism, I'm finding it hard to take white racism very seriously anymore, at least when it comes from the right. It's only on the political left that you still have people wanting to disarm minorities, or deny them a decent education, or the like. The racism of a white Republican would amount to, what exactly? Even a whiff of it makes you into a - well, a Steve King.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2019, 11:26:10 AM »

If he's a martyr for Western Civ, he's hardly the first one, or the most effective warrior for the cause, or among the more sympathetic of the group.

Personally, despite a life-long abhorrence of racism, I'm finding it hard to take white racism very seriously anymore, at least when it comes from the right. It's only on the political left that you still have people wanting to disarm minorities, or deny them a decent education, or the like. The racism of a white Republican would amount to, what exactly? Even a whiff of it makes you into a - well, a Steve King.

White racism is refusing to quietly hand over all power to minorities and pointing out that our current immigration policies are designed to replace the “white” majority with a foreign demographic.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2019, 06:18:49 PM »
White racism is refusing to quietly hand over all power to minorities and pointing out that our current immigration policies are designed to replace the “white” majority with a foreign demographic.

American and the world is changing, it has constantly since man crawled out of the primordial ooze.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2019, 06:26:43 PM »
American and the world is changing, it has constantly since man crawled out of the primordial ooze.

That's not in the stormfront talking points though!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2019, 06:34:07 PM »
That's not in the stormfront talking points though!

[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]

Uranus is a gas giant.