Author Topic: Young voters who don't plan to vote  (Read 1812 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Young voters who don't plan to vote
« on: November 04, 2018, 10:55:42 PM »
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/10/12-young-people-on-why-they-probably-wont-vote.html

I am proud to say I registered to vote when I turned 18 and I have not missed an election in 40 years since.  Interesting how many of them think the process of voting or registering is too difficult.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Young voters who don't plan to vote
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 11:07:18 PM »
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/10/12-young-people-on-why-they-probably-wont-vote.html

I am proud to say I registered to vote when I turned 18 and I have not missed an election in 40 years since.  Interesting how many of them think the process of voting or registering is too difficult.

Moving is too difficult for them. If there isn't an app for it, they think it's too much work.

Voting shouldn't be too easy. If it's too difficult for them to haul their sorry bods to a voting location, it's also probably too much work for them to educate themselves on the issues and the candidates. Make it too easy for them to vote, and their votes will be based on a couple of catchy sound bites rather than any understanding of what or who their vote is for.

I'm also against the notion of early voting. Election day is the first Tuesday of November. If you can't get to the polls on that day, there's provision for an absentee ballot. That's all that is necessary. All this other stuff just increases the opportunity for and probability of voting fraud.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 11:38:34 PM »
PS: the comments on the article are a hoot, and most of them pretty brutal to the subjects of the article.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 12:47:33 AM »
Too hard to vote?  BAH!  Lazy bastards.

DW's in physical rehab facility re-cooping from back surgery.  She wheelchaired it to the car and made it to the polling place.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 08:03:28 AM »
It's the Pax, the G-32 Paxilon Hydroclorate that we added to the air processors.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 08:15:13 AM »
It's the Pax, the G-32 Paxilon Hydroclorate that we added to the air processors.

The democrats are pandering to the Reavers!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 11:11:45 AM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/37961/democrats-complain-ptsd-anxiety-ahead-midterm-emily-zanotti

“We're kind of just in the bed-wetting phase now," a Democratic pollster, who worked alongside the Hillary Clinton campaign in 2016, said in an interview with Politico. Another, a former Pelosi staffer, said she suffers from nightmares every night, after falling asleep reading the latest polls.

Others are “eating their feelings," according to a YouGov poll released just last week, and still others are complaining of symptoms of "post traumatic stress disorder" or PTSD. Last month, a study published in the Journal of American College Health showed that approximately one in four college students are suffering symptoms of PTSD not unlike those who have experienced school shootings — though all they've experienced is a disagreeable election result.

I'm impressed by their ability to whip themselves into a fake frenzy. I also wonder how much of this is just intended to whip up more fake frenzy, convincing people they should also feel traumatized and freaked out.

Also, I'm so addicted to Democratic post-election caterwauling, I don't know what I'll do if they actually win some seats in either house. I'll be jonesin' real bad.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 11:43:19 AM »
How does one get PTSD before the trauma?  Post is right there in the name.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 11:45:12 AM »

I think they got the PTSD sometime after Trump's goons moved them into ghettos, but before he gassed them to death.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 12:44:32 PM »
What the $^&* is wrong with these people?   ???

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 02:17:05 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who chooses not to vote ought to keep their pie hole shut if they don't like the outcome.

The democrats are pandering to the Reavers!

I know that was meant in jest, but if you pay attention to what democrat "leaders" say and - just as importantly, DON'T say - about the violent criminal class in places like Chicago, there's actually more than a grain of truth there.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 08:09:41 PM »

Taken literally. 

Hit those that claim PTSD for bullshit with a post.  Lots.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 09:09:20 AM »
Taken literally. 

Hit those that claim PTSD for bullshit with a post.  Lots.
A fence post.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge