Author Topic: The "Popular Vote" Tomorrow  (Read 2981 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: The "Popular Vote" Tomorrow
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2018, 12:15:55 AM »
And Newsweek, unsurprisingly, parrots the democrats "popular vote" talking points.

https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-won-popular-vote-2018-midterms-1207230

WHAAAAAT???

In challenges to the Electoral College, many have questioned whether less populous states like Wyoming, Montana and others should have as much representation, and thus power, in the Senate as more populous states. Every state has two representatives in the Senate.

The electoral college applies only to the election of the President. How does this have anything whatsoever to do with the electoral college?

Somebody should remind these dweebs that the original Constitution didn't have a popular vote for senators. Originally, senators were elected by the respective state legislatures.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2018, 02:25:27 AM »
Somebody should remind these dweebs that the original Constitution didn't have a popular vote for senators. Originally, senators were elected by the respective state legislatures.

You can't remind someone of something they never bothered to know in the first place.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2018, 12:55:49 PM »
The "Senate popular vote" dogma continues:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/11/12/holy-derp-batman-blue-checks-thread-about-how-he-would-restructure-the-u-s-govt-is-crazy-dumb/

If anything, that graphic conveys the opposite of what that guy wants you to be sympathetic to. It shows one state to rule them all, one state to find them. One state to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2018, 01:02:03 PM »
Were I King, I would mandate two things:

1) You must be an American citizen to be eligible to vote in any election, at any level.
2) You must certify through testing that you have a basic understanding of our political system and how it works before registering to vote.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2018, 03:22:48 PM »

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/11/12/holy-derp-batman-blue-checks-thread-about-how-he-would-restructure-the-u-s-govt-is-crazy-dumb/

If anything, that graphic conveys the opposite of what that guy wants you to be sympathetic to. It shows one state to rule them all, one state to find them. One state to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

It's fvktards like that that make scared as hell of a Constitutional Convention.
Many to many morons out there.
We don't need a new and improved constitution, we need to use and enforce the one we have.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2018, 05:15:28 PM »

The lack of critical thought or fact-checking is shameful, which is to say it's standard 21st-century opinion journalism.

The Constitution of 1787 certainly did not limit voting to males, much less land-owning ones.

He tries to dis the Constitution by saying that we didn't use it as a model for the Japanese, German, or Iraqi governments. Because those are obviously very similar countries to the United States, I guess.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2018, 07:59:33 PM »

They are still completely unaware of what the "3/5 compromise" was even for I see.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2018, 08:15:18 PM »
They are still completely unaware of what the "3/5 compromise" was even for I see.

They just stuck it in there to be mean.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife