Author Topic: Heinz MayoChup  (Read 3627 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Heinz MayoChup
« on: November 07, 2018, 01:34:22 AM »
I thought we had a thread on this, but if we do I can't find it. Awhile back, Heinz announced that they were coming out with a new condiment that's a 50/50 mix of mayonnaise and ketchup. My mother used to make that as a quick salad dressing, and in my wife's native country my sister-in-law makes it as a dip for hard-boiled quail eggs. So, naturally I was interested.

It's finally here. I saw it on the shelves at the supermarket this afternoon. I think once I use up a couple of bottles of salad dressings in the fridge, I'll give it a try.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/04/13/heinz-promoted-its-new-mayochup-and-sparked-an-international-controversy/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.69c9daf45e72
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Heinz MayoChup
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 07:23:35 AM »
Here: http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=57181.0

Lots of screeching about cultural appropriation.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 09:27:32 AM »
KetchYo would have been a better name. Or just call it what it looks like... Bloody Pus In A Bottle.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 10:17:40 AM »
" Bloody Pus In A Bottle."

Oh Jeebus that's gross!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 06:02:23 PM »
Here: http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=57181.0

Lots of screeching about cultural appropriation.

Wow! April -- I didn't think it was that far back that we discussed it. So it took seven months from the product announcement until it showed up on my supermarket's shelves.

Now I'll have to check out the ethnic foods aisle to see if my store carries the Goya version. I know they carry some Goya products, but I've never bought any.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 08:42:00 AM »
Finally saw this in the grocery store the other day.

Snorted derisively and kept walking.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 11:56:31 AM »
I'm honestly not seeing the draw of this item.

I have mayo and I have ketchup already. I have plenty of uses for them separately, so I need them both, but I should get another bottle to take up space in my fridge, because?....
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 12:10:45 PM »
Why?

Because you're an American! And buying *expletive deleted*it you don't need is patriotic!

Now get out there and buy *expletive deleted*it you don't need or Mak will call you a commie!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 01:25:07 PM by Mike Irwin »

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 12:16:57 PM »
I'm honestly not seeing the draw of this item.

I have mayo and I have ketchup already. I have plenty of uses for them separately, so I need them both, but I should get another bottle to take up space in my fridge, because?....

How I see it too.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 01:34:03 PM »
Why?

Because you're an American! And buying *expletive deleted*it you don't need is patriotic!

Now get out there and buy *expletive deleted*it you don't need or Mak will call you a commie!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I suppose if it's in a small enough bottle, it might get used up before it goes bad.

Oh, right. As an American, I should be wasting food as well.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 04:55:50 PM »
What I keep next to the recliner I literally live in:
(The yellow bag at the top right is Kitty Treats for my cat)

[attachment deleted by admin]
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!