Author Topic: Megyn Kelly $30 million exodus  (Read 827 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Megyn Kelly $30 million exodus
« on: November 20, 2018, 01:58:21 PM »
https://pagesix.com/2018/11/20/megyn-kelly-finalizing-30m-exit-from-nbc/

Apparently Megyn Kelly will "only" collect $30 as the buyout price for her NBC contract. Poor Ms. Kelly. I wonder how she'll survive.

I do, however, call BS on something else. From the article:

When Kelly — whose 10 a.m. hour had failed to win over viewers — made her comments, the backlash was immediate, with “Today” mainstay Al Roker lashing out at his colleague on air.

He said: “The fact is, while she apologized to the staff, she owes a bigger apology to folks of color around the country.

“This is a history going back to the 1830s — minstrel shows to demean and denigrate a race wasn’t right. I’m old enough to know, have lived through ‘Amos ‘n’ Andy,’ where you had white people in blackface playing two black characters, just magnifying the worst stereotypes about black people — and that’s what the problem is. That’s what the issue is.”

Al Roker was born in 1954. Amos 'n Andy as a radio show ran from 1928 to 1960. So the radio show went off the air when he was  not more than six years old. While the radio show was voiced by white people, I have to wonder how many people know that. I didn't until a few minutes ago, when I looked it up. And I'm ten years older than Al Roker.

What I remember is the television show, which ran from 1951 to 1953, and then in syndication from 1954-1966. The stars of the television show were black. In other words, when you could see the actors' faces, they were not white actors in blackface. Since the television show had already come and gone on prime time television before Al Roker was born, I call BS on his claim of having lived through having white people in blackface playing two black characters on Amos 'n Andy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Megyn Kelly $30 million exodus
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 02:38:49 PM »
Hey!  You ought to know better than to bother liberals with the truth!!!! :facepalm: [tinfoil] [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 03:06:28 PM »
How dare you question his holy rant!  Next you are going to say the Crusades were not naked unprovoked aggression by Christians against peaceful Muslims. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 03:08:42 PM »
Al, stick to the weather.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

griz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 03:16:34 PM »
I've come to understand that it's racist to insist that claims be factual.  Just admit to being an oppressor and move on with your privilege.

(sorry if that sounds stilted, I'm new to the language of victim-hood)
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 03:21:27 PM »
All I can say is that I'd love to make $30mil getting fired. It get myself fired at least once a year for that.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 06:58:21 PM »
I was born in 57 and I vaguely remember watching Amos and Andy, 2 BLACK characters on our B&W TV. One was trying to impress his gal by pretending to fly a parked plane with the windows covered. Something screws up and the plane actually takes off and he IS flying it... without a clue as to what he is doing!

Edited to add: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwixmCj5bJM

Other episode was an oil scheme. I remember a bicycle pump used to make oil squirt up out of the ground.

Edited to add: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofl95KtNnlw
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!