Author Topic: Acosta gets the boot from White House  (Read 9504 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Acosta gets the boot from White House
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2018, 12:58:45 PM »
White House is apparently saying that once the judge's TRO expires Acosta will have to surrender his press credentials again.

:rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2018, 07:37:59 PM »
According to Twitchy, Acosta will now have to follow some rules.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/11/19/think-jim-acosta-will-be-able-to-play-by-these-new-official-wh-press-conference-rules/

Please be advised of the following rules governing future press conferences:

(1) A journalist called upon to ask a question will ask a single question and then will yield the floor to other journalists;

(2) At the discretion of the President or other White House official taking questions, a follow-up question or questions may be permtted; and where a follow-up has been allowed and asked, the questioner will then yield the floor;

(3) "Yielding the floor" includes, when applicable, physically surrendering the microphone to White House staff for use by the next questioner;

(4) Failure to abide by any rules (1)-(3) may result in suspension or revocation of the journalist's hard pass.

Works for me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2018, 09:42:14 AM »
I think the White House made a brilliant move. They're letting Acosta hang himself.

They didn't try to fight it out in court. Rather, they formally codified the rules and issued a neutrally-worded statement spelling out what had generally been the "understood" rules all along.  I'm betting they will rigidly enforce them, at least for a while. Acosta will play nice for a week, maybe two. Then, when he thinks they've gone on to other things, he'll revert to his usual jackassery. That's when they have him dead to rights and CNN can't pull another "find a judge who agrees with us" stunt.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2018, 11:05:00 AM »
Speaking of press passes and Acosta, https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/give-alex-jones-press-credentials-and-sit-him-next-jim-acosta
 :rofl:

Nah; there have to be a couple of gaming newsletters that can provide obese, disturbingly hairy "reporters" with poor hygiene he can be wedged between.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2018, 11:46:14 AM »
"obese, disturbingly hairy "reporters" with poor hygiene he can be wedged between."

I thought Helen Thomas died...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2018, 11:51:18 AM »
"obese, disturbingly hairy "reporters" with poor hygiene he can be wedged between."

I thought Helen Thomas died...

But with some shovel work she can be there too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2018, 01:16:54 PM »
But with some shovel work she can be there too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Where do you think they're getting the spare parts for the Hillary Gollum.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2018, 07:54:52 PM »
Nope. Where do you think they're getting the spare parts for the Hillary Gollum.

Those parts are still moist?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2018, 07:59:42 PM »
Kind of like cottage cheese.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2018, 09:41:54 PM »
You guys are gonna make me slide my dinner. [barf]
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2018, 09:50:07 PM »
Kind of like cottage cheese.

Or a waffle?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2018, 10:00:51 PM »
ON a waffle

Samuel Adams

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2018, 12:15:18 AM »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic