Author Topic: Acosta gets the boot from White House  (Read 9423 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Acosta gets the boot from White House
« on: November 07, 2018, 09:44:02 PM »
I'm loving this. Acosta is a miserable piece of excrement.
I wonder how long it will take before a lawsuit is filed

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cnns-jim-acosta-press-pass-suspended-by-white-house-sarah-sanders-announces
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Acosta gets the boot from White House
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 10:53:07 PM »
I'm surprised. I thought Trump was just keeping him around because he made him and Sarah look even more reasonable and intelligent by comparison.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 10:56:11 PM »
To bad the chick that took the microphone didn’t “accidentally” pop him in the nose with it.

Would have made some great headlines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 06:52:47 AM »
I would love, love, love to see him charged with assault.  Hard to argue, when there is clear videotape of him striking that woman.

#metoo
#believeallwomen
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 09:41:50 AM »
I guess CNN is trying to spin this as happening as retaliation for "tough" questions.  Honestly, if the questions were the reason, this would have happened months ago or more.  This is what happens when you act like a jerk.  You get no slack when you cross the line. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 10:07:22 AM »
To bad the chick that took the microphone didn’t “accidentally” pop him in the nose with it.

Would have made some great headlines.

They need to teach the interns that move.

I think the first 5 or 6 or 12 reporters would be surprised, but eventually they'd learn. Maybe not Acosta and Ryan, but most of them.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 11:45:14 AM »
Build a teaser into the mic the reporters pass around.
I said your time was up! >>>zaaaappp<<<
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 03:04:54 PM »
Build a teaser into the mic the reporters pass around.
I said your time was up! >>>zaaaappp<<<
Don't tease me bro!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 03:54:02 PM »
Does anyone think that banning Acosta was unwarranted? I have a non liberal but also non Trump fan zuckbook friend who thinks it's the end of the republic.

Me, I have  other ideas for Acosta, none polite.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 04:17:17 PM »
Does anyone think that banning Acosta was unwarranted? I have a non liberal but also non Trump fan zuckbook friend who thinks it's the end of the republic.

Me, I have  other ideas for Acosta, none polite.

The man refused to stop after his allotted questions, pushed and physically struggled with a young woman only trying to do her job.

Completely justified in booting the grandstanding "martyr".
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 04:31:36 PM »
The man refused to stop after his allotted questions, pushed and physically struggled with a young woman only trying to do her job.

Agreed.

Also: attending a White House press conference is a privilege, not a right.  Attendees are expected to behave themselves.  There are consequences for not doing so.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 04:32:09 PM »
Does anyone think that banning Acosta was unwarranted?

Nope.

Late, perhaps, even overdue, but ... unwarranted? No way, Jose.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 06:10:04 PM »
My opinion is this whole thing centers around decorum. Some idea has sprung forth that to prove we have a free press reporters have to be jackasses. Whatever happened to take the BS answer, thank you Mr. President, sit down, and then roast him on the Sunday talk shows?

Orange man bad took about seventy questions from the assembled throng, I am struggling to see the free press suppression.

I guess I come down a little bit on an authoritarian side with this, too much military learning to respect the uniform, position, office what have you, even if you despise the man.

Someone needs to do a compilation video of press vs. Obama compared to press vs. Trump. I seem to remember Obama could go for ten minutes of beautiful speaking, never answer the question and the reporter sat down happy. Now we have Trump getting a 90% unfavorable coverage? Is he really doing that bad?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2018, 06:13:56 PM »
If CNN were banned, that would be another debate. A loudmouthed bully that works for CNN? No problem.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 06:15:02 PM »
I heard some NBC drone is accusing the young girl of assaulting Acosta.  
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 06:46:58 PM »
I heard some NBC drone is accusing the young girl of assaulting Acosta.  

I also saw that CNN and others are running with "Trump doctored the video to make it look lke Acosta hit her harder than he did" while ignoring Acosta telling everyone that he never laid a hand on her.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 07:02:53 PM »
Since when does freedom of the press mean that someone *HAS* to answer them?

I've never seen anything that says the President has to even let them into the White House or talk to them at all.

That said, I'm kind of disappointed they gave Acosta the boot. I want to see more Trump verbally bitch slapping the press and Acosta gives him plenty of opportunities.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 07:10:46 PM »
I also saw that CNN and others are running with "Trump doctored the video to make it look lke Acosta hit her harder than he did" while ignoring Acosta telling everyone that he never laid a hand on her.

They seem to be running hard with the "doctored video" line, https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2018/11/08/white-house-shares-doctored-video-support-punishment-journalist-jim-acosta/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.765381243c69

I don't even see a difference between the "doctored" and undoctored version.
They seem to be going into Alex Jones territory.  :lol:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 07:14:22 PM »
Since when does freedom of the press mean that someone *HAS* to answer them?

I've never seen anything that says the President has to even let them into the White House or talk to them at all.

That said, I'm kind of disappointed they gave Acosta the boot. I want to see more Trump verbally bitch slapping the press and Acosta gives him plenty of opportunities.

I think that's why the White House tolerated him for so long. It's been clear for some time that he intentionally disrupts by grandstanding. This was a good time to smack him around, and spin it as defense of the weaker sex.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 07:20:34 PM »
They seem to be running hard with the "doctored video" line, https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2018/11/08/white-house-shares-doctored-video-support-punishment-journalist-jim-acosta/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.765381243c69

I don't even see a difference between the "doctored" and undoctored version.
They seem to be going into Alex Jones territory.  :lol:

Fake news. I don't even buy that Acosta was particularly mean to the girl. The fact that he refused to surrender the microphone, physically resisted, and still disrupted proceedings after relinquishing it, is what counts.

And how about revoking the press pass of any organization that tries to spin this as "punishment"? (jk) I've about lost patience with every reasonable result of one's actions being labeled "punishment." Acosta is not a child (though he acts like one). Acosta is not being punished. He's being kept away from the White House press gaggle so that it can be carried out with some kind of order. Flipping snowflakes...

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 07:31:32 PM »
Fake news. I don't even buy that Acosta was particularly mean to the girl.

I can agree with that. It was more like brushing her away, which, if an old white guy did that, would have feminists raging about disrespecting women.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2018, 07:40:57 PM »
I can agree with that. It was more like brushing her away, which, if an old white guy did that, would have feminists raging about disrespecting women.

It doesn't help that she didn't have a good poker face. She knew how that altercation was going to get played the second it happened. *shrug* I have no doubt that's why they had a pretty young thing assigned to that task. Hold enough press conferences, eventually one of the contentious reporters wasn't going to relinquish the mic and *viola* instinct scandal.

*shrug* It's all a game and I think the Trump won this round, despite CNN's bitching.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2018, 07:58:43 PM »

He knocked her arm away.  The APS law team can double check me, but I'm pretty sure that would be considered either assault or battery.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2018, 07:58:50 PM »
The aide should have played like a democrat, drop to the floor holding her arm and wailing in pain.

Samuel Adams