Author Topic: Acosta gets the boot from White House  (Read 9424 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Acosta gets the boot from White House
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2018, 11:22:21 PM »
A friend at work, who is a NPC, was up in arms about how this uncivility is all Trumps fault and how he is embarrassed by Trumps behavior.

Most every day “Joes” are so far gone I don’t even know what to say to them.

They think the USA is magic and will just keep rolling right along as if civilization just happens.

Meanwhile vampires, zombies and Orcs are running the media, the permanent government and working feverishly to regain the power they lost in ‘16.

And the NPC is worried about how realspeak looks.

just about sums it up.
Trump has merely decelerated the decline of western civilization - its impossible to stop.
too many npc and mere idiots.
the european caliphate will succeed, possibly in our lifetime and God only knows what will happen here.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2018, 11:28:01 PM »
That would work but wouldn't be as entertaining as putting a taser in the mic.

I'd watch White House press conferences a lot more if they did that... Hell, I'd watch a lot more press conferences in general if they did that.  :rofl:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2018, 01:32:01 AM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2018, 02:04:19 AM »
Don't know why they can't use a hand signal to the sound technician to cut that mic, with a couple of spares for the microphone lady to hand to less boorish questioners.

She could keep them in a microphone belt like a cartridge belt with wide loops.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2018, 09:12:48 AM »
Don't know why they can't use a hand signal to the sound technician to cut that mic, with a couple of spares for the microphone lady to hand to less boorish questioners.

She could keep them in a microphone belt like a cartridge belt with wide loops.

More fun to have a remote control taser in it.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2018, 09:37:15 AM »
More fun to have a remote control taser in it.

I still like the remote teaser.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2018, 09:42:20 PM »
"Drop it like it's hot!"
https://youtu.be/RaCodgL9cvk
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2018, 10:01:34 PM »
Maybe even rig it up like a bark collar; the longer and/or louder you keep talking, the more powerful the shock.

<BZZT>

"We apologize for the smell, and the smouldering patch of carpet, but he was warned."

230RN

• friend
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2018, 10:18:39 AM »
Maybe even rig it up like a bark collar; the longer and/or louder you keep talking, the more powerful the shock.

<BZZT>

"We apologize for the smell, and the smouldering patch of carpet, but he was warned."

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.  KD5NRH for the Nobel Prize in Peacemaking.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2018, 08:45:20 PM »
Trump could take a page from Obama's play book and just not have regular press conferences.
Or, call a press conference and nobody from the administration show up.
Have the aide/intern with the best deadpan voice read articles from The Onion and Babylon Bee.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2018, 10:06:21 PM »
Trump really doesn't show himself as someone who attacks indirectly.  When he enters a fight, he comes in swinging.  The indirect attacks seem to be done by other people when everyone is looking at Trump.  

I am a bit surprised by this story and where it might head.  It seems to me that many assume a Federal judge will order Trump to give Acosta his press pass back.  I would hope Trump would tell the judge to screw off, but who knows.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2018, 10:10:59 PM »
Trump really doesn't show himself as someone who attacks indirectly.  When he enters a fight, he comes in swinging.  The indirect attacks seem to be done by other people when everyone is looking at Trump.  

I am a bit surprised by this story and where it might head.  It seems to me that many assume a Federal judge will order Trump to give Acosta his press pass back.  I would hope Trump would tell the judge to screw off, but who knows.  

One might hold out some faint hope that a judge would rule according to the law. That would mean that CNN would have to show that some law was broken in giving Acosta the boot. "Freedom of the press" shouldn't cut it, IMHO. Acosta can still express his [misguided] opinions, on the air and in print. As I've noted before, only a very limited number of journalists are granted White House press passes. Getting one isn't a "right," it's a privilege. Abuse the privilege, get the boot. It works for me. CNN has no leg to stand on -- they can send someone else.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2018, 11:05:09 AM »
Well, Acosta got his pass back.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/11/16/federal-judge-gives-jim-acosta-cnn-the-lawsuit-decision-theyve-been-waiting-for-but-this-is-not-over/

That doesn't mean Trump or Sanders has to call on Acosta or give him a mic.  Also it's just an injunction (which I disagree with, BTW)
"It's good, though..."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2018, 01:26:21 PM »
Don't acknowledge Acosta's presence.  That would be beautiful. [popcorn] :rofl:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2018, 02:37:36 PM »
Does the Judge even have the right to do such a thing? Under what authority?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2018, 02:42:24 PM »
He's going to be absolutely insufferable now. Trump won't call on him, but he'll scream and yell and throw tantrums until somebody pays attention to him. I can't wait to see the first presser this guy attends . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2018, 03:23:12 PM »
The White House should simply promulgate strict rules: "The management reserves the right to limit quantities in the interest of fairness. One to a customer." Hand out printed notices to each journalist as they enter, and note that the rule will be strictly enforced.

One question, no rebuttal. Journalist asks one question -- President (or Sanders) answers one question. At the conclusion of the ONE question, the microphone is taken away from the journalist. No follow-up on the answer. At the conclusion of the ONE answer, the microphone goes to the next journalist. Anyone who refuses to play by the rules is removed for the duration of that presser.

Make it a lottery -- each journo draws a number out of a fish bowl as they enter -- that determines the order in which they get the microphone. Just like the deli counter at the supermarket.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2018, 09:14:11 PM »
How about the journalist never even takes charge of the microphone.  The intern just holds it out to them and takes it away when done.

I thought I heard today that Sanders was looking at new rules for the press conferences.  The other journalist may regret this ever happening. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2018, 09:48:12 PM »
Acosta will never get called on or allowed to ask another question for as long as Trump is President.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2018, 10:23:46 PM »
Apparently the White House is working on rules, and they have said that anyone who can't/won't follow the rules will be removed.

They must be following this thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2018, 10:27:20 PM »
Apparently the White House is working on rules, and they have said that anyone who can't/won't follow the rules will be removed.

I heard that too. It'll be interesting to see if Acosta becomes less popular with his fellow reporters when the WH institutes the old "lowest common denominator" method, limiting stuff for ALL reporters all because he always has to behave like a diva.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2018, 02:41:58 AM »
Does the Judge even have the right to do such a thing? Under what authority?

I'll wait for one of the legal schmeagles to address this, but I thought it was usually kinda-sorta "erring on the side of caution" to grant temporaries until all the facts can be heard formally.  And basically, within cosmic limits, judges can do what they want, but they don't like to be overturned on appeal.

I have no doubt that a lot of what goes on not only here but on other generally-conservative sites is seen by "officialdom" simply because of "officialdom's" search hits on prominent names.

Or maybe even hits on "230RN" and "Hawkmoon" as well as a few others here. :rofl:

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 03:53:59 AM by 230RN »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2018, 07:44:57 AM »
I heard that too. It'll be interesting to see if Acosta becomes less popular with his fellow reporters when the WH institutes the old "lowest common denominator" method, limiting stuff for ALL reporters all because he always has to behave like a diva.

You spelled dipshit wrong.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2018, 09:09:34 AM »
Acosta will never get called on or allowed to ask another question for as long as Trump is President.

"Hey intern.  Hand Jim the mic just after we all walk out."