Author Topic: Ginsburg injured in fall  (Read 2169 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Ginsburg injured in fall
« on: November 08, 2018, 09:20:31 AM »
Justice Ginsburg fell in her office and cracked some ribs.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/supreme-court-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-fractures-3-ribs-in-fall

She's become increasingly frail the last few years. Based on that I've wondered how much of her staying with SCOTUS is personal work ethic or just a conviction to not give DJT another appointment opportunity.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Ginsburg injured in fall
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 09:39:05 AM »
She's become increasingly frail the last few years. Based on that I've wondered how much of her staying with SCOTUS is personal work ethic or just a conviction to not give DJT another appointment opportunity.

Likely a feeling of guilt because she held on so she could be replaced by the FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT... and discovered she made a terrible gamble.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Ginsberg falls, fractures three ribs
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 09:47:06 AM »
If my mother, who is is really healthy and not as old as Ginsberg, broke some ribs I’d be really concerned.

Holding on has to be really hard on Ginsberg, it’s going to be a tough two years for her.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/supreme-court-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-fractures-3-ribs-in-fall

See Brads thread, this is the duplicate - Ron
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 09:55:03 AM »
It’s going to be a rough two years for her waiting for the next election.

Then if Trump wins again...

She chose poorly.

Not very good judgement on her part.

Blinded by ideology.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 10:19:31 AM »

She's become increasingly frail the last few years.

Yet some NYC millennial guy went to the gym with her and couldn't finish her gym routine.  :laugh:

Before this, I figured she would hang in until after 2020. Not so sure now. I was always expecting she would retire between 2020-2024. Even if she wanted to stay, by then, I don't think her health would let her.

If she retires in the next year, Trump could appoint pretty much anyone he wants, and the extra R seats on the senate will guarantee the appointment. Then I expect things to get sporty with the antifa, etc.

EDIT: I agree that she is a bad gambler. I suppose she thought Hillary was a lock, or at least "anybody but Trump". Given her age and time on the bench, the smart political tactic would have been to retire within the first year of Obama's second term. Garland would likely have been a shoe-in then.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 10:42:33 AM »
Y' s'pose she'll have time to read the Constitution while she's in the hospital?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 11:16:09 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 10:44:28 AM »
Y' 'spose she'll have time to read the Constitution while she's in the hospital?

Maybe .... but it will be the Constitution of the former U. S. S. R. >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 11:25:22 AM »
It’s going to be a rough two years for her waiting for the next election.

Then if Trump wins again...

She chose poorly.

Not very good judgement on her part.

Blinded by ideology.

^^^ This.

She is staying only because she doesn't want to give Trump an opportunity to name her replacement. That's sad, on one level. On another level, it's a demonstration that she is not an objective jurist. She is agenda-driven, so the idea that she might be replaced by someone who actually regards the Constitution of the United States as the highest law of the land, and who might base his/her decisions on what said COTUS says rather than what's happening in Europe is anathema to her. That's not just "sad," that's despicable.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 11:40:07 AM »
She is 85 + three cracked ribs + a few days lying down in a hospital bed = good chance of pneumonia.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 11:41:07 AM »
^^^Or a DVT and subsequent pulmonary embolism.  They will be watching for all of this.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 11:45:53 AM »
She is 85 + three cracked ribs + a few days lying down in a hospital bed = good chance of pneumonia.

That was my IMMEDIATE thought...

And I worked very hard not to be wishing it upon her. I'm instead praying she recovers.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 11:46:52 AM »
It is possible she was waiting for the results of this election.  We will see. 

I hate to wish ill on anyone, but I have hard time feeling bad about anyone who thinks I should have fewer rights.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 12:29:13 PM »
Justices often try to retire when the president is of the same party as the one who appointed them. Justice Kennedy was appointed by President Ronald Reagan, a Republican. President Trump may be an unconventional Republican, but he is a Republican.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/19/us/politics/anthony-kennedy-retirement.html

So she should have retired before 2017.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 12:33:34 PM »
People on Facebook are going ape *expletive deleted*it that Trump might get to replace her...

And of course, people are also losing their minds that "Democrats got millions more votes than Republicans" yet the Republicans gained 3 seats in Congress, with cries of "it's not democratic!"

This isn't a democracy, *expletive deleted*it stains. The US is a Representative Republic.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2018, 12:36:49 PM »
Just in time for the Rs gaining a bigger edge in the senate....
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 12:49:46 PM »
Y' s'pose she'll have time to read the Constitution while she's in the hospital?
Probably South Africa's Constitution, which she prefers to ours.

https://dailycaller.com/2012/02/06/justice-ginsburg-causes-storm-dissing-the-constitution-while-abroad/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 01:02:58 PM »
Wasn't she going to move to NZ if Trump won ?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 01:19:32 PM »
Conversation at work after the reporter said that she was supposed to be at the court house today for Kavanahs official welcome party:

Me (being a smart ass): The way she feels about Kavanah, she probably did it on purpose so she wouldn't have to go. *Pause* It's pretty bad that I went there.

Katie: Yes, that's bad. *Pause* I was just about to say the same thing.

I was under the impression that she would probably be next to go, despite her stubbornness. *Shrug*
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 01:32:26 PM »
People on Facebook are going ape *expletive deleted*it that Trump might get to replace her...

And of course, people are also losing their minds that "Democrats got millions more votes than Republicans" yet the Republicans gained 3 seats in Congress, with cries of "it's not democratic!"

This isn't a democracy, *expletive deleted*it stains. The US is a Representative Republic.

OOOOOHHHH, it's even stupider than that.

The Democrats got 55% of the vote and LOST THREE SEATS!

Hmmm.... Let's see, the Democrats won 21 seats on Tuesday. (Two more are still being adjudicated). There were 35 seats up for election.

So, the Democrats, who got 55% of the vote won 60% of the seats. Seems to me they need to stop contesting the two remaining seats and give another one to the Republicans. In the name of Democracy.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 01:43:53 PM »
How long before the left starts up with the "Ginsburg was pushed" bull hockey ??
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 02:06:27 PM »
How long before the left starts up with the "Ginsburg was pushed" bull hockey ??

Go on facebook with a fake account, post a conspiracy about being pushed. Collect Keks.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 04:34:38 PM »
That was my IMMEDIATE thought...

And I worked very hard not to be wishing it upon her. I'm instead praying she recovers.

Likewise. I don't want to wish ill on anyone, but I would not be upset if she accepted this as the sign that it's time for her to retire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2018, 04:38:01 PM »

I don't have a Facebook account. Are you telling me that people out there are so stupid that they actually don't understand that senators are elected on a state-by-state basis, not by national vote?

Assuming that's true, this country is in worse shape than even I thought ... and I already thought it was pretty bad.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2018, 04:48:22 PM »
I don't have a Facebook account. Are you telling me that people out there are so stupid that they actually don't understand that senators are elected on a state-by-state basis, not by national vote?

Yes.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/11/07/watch-joy-behar-claims-democrats-lost-senate-races-due-to-gerrymandering/
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2018, 04:48:47 PM »

Assuming that's true, this country is in worse shape than even I thought ... and I already thought it was pretty bad.

A few are probably that stupid or ignorant.  I think most know how it works, they just don't think it's fair because it didn't go their way this time.

"But much to my surprise, when I opened my eyes, I was a victim of the Great Compromise"  ;)

"It's good, though..."