Author Topic: The Most Googled Thanksgiving Recipes  (Read 1068 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: The Most Googled Thanksgiving Recipes
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2018, 10:19:02 AM »
"Nastiness, or at least blandness, seems to be an essential ingredient of the casserole."

That's because we grew up in the post WW II era of convenience food casseroles based on canned soups, canned vegetables, and salt. LOTS of salt.

I've never had a casserole made the "traditional way (canned crap)" that's not millions of times better being made from scratch by making your own sauce, using fresh vegetables, etc.

"Mac & Cheese - no thank you"

I've always suspected, but now I know. You're a *expletive deleted*ing Communist!  :rofl:

"Cottage pie, never heard of it."

Essentially it's the same thing as Shepherd's pie, only traditional Shep pie uses lamb, and cottage pie uses beef or even turkey.

Obviously a lot of the casseroles in that list from Wikipedia are from foreign countries/cultures -- France, China, Nordic countries, etc. I've heard of a lot of them but others, no.

And how could I ever forget Mousakka? It's one of my all time favorite dishes. There's a Greek diner near me that has incredible Mousakka.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2018, 10:25:16 AM »
OMG!! Just saw Alaska! I didn't know there was such a thing!  :O

WANT!!

Trader Joe's version is pretty good.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2018, 11:20:26 AM »
"Nastiness, or at least blandness, seems to be an essential ingredient of the casserole."

That's because we grew up in the post WW II era of convenience food casseroles based on canned soups, canned vegetables, and salt. LOTS of salt.

I've never had a casserole made the "traditional way (canned crap)" that's not millions of times better being made from scratch by making your own sauce, using fresh vegetables, etc.

Meh. I grew up eating both. We had fresh stuff straight out of the dirt, and dozens of mason jars full of green beans and such down in the basement, and cans of storebought in the pantry. I could never tell the difference.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2018, 11:24:08 AM »
Well then go back to your borscht and black bread, Commie.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.