Armed Polite Society
November 14, 2018, 10:51:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Most Googled Thanksgiving Recipes  (Read 291 times)
Ben
Administrator

« on: November 08, 2018, 03:26:10 PM »

Idaho and Utah have some splainin' to do.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/most-googled-thanksgiving-recipes-by-state
Report to moderator   Logged

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."
bluestarlizzard
Queen of the Cislords
friend

Oh please, nobody died last time...

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 03:40:29 PM »

If anyone tried to serve me Popeye's Cajun Turkey I will hurt them.

"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds
Warren
friend

My DJ name is Heavy Cream.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 04:05:38 PM »

If anyone tried to serve me Popeye's Cajun Turkey I will hurt them.

Yeah. Their chicken is so tasteless that calling it seasoned is pointless so I imagine that their turkey would reach down to those same low standards.

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.
MillCreek
friend

APS Risk Manager

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 04:10:10 PM »

So I see that with my love of green bean casserole, I should be heading for the middle of the country.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.
bluestarlizzard
Queen of the Cislords
friend

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 04:12:38 PM »

So I see that with my love of green bean casserole, I should be heading for the middle of the country.

I don't know about that. It seems that if they are googling recipes then they don't know how to make it in the first place.

"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds
charby
Necromancer
Administrator

APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 04:15:03 PM »

I don't know about that. It seems that if they are googling recipes then they don't know how to make it in the first place.

or Mom isn't there to make it for Friendsgiving, yes we have Friendsgiving in Iowa.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536
RoadKingLarry
friend

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 04:54:01 PM »

Yeah. Their chicken is so tasteless that calling it seasoned is pointless so I imagine that their turkey would reach down to those same low standards.

I'm pretty sure they are using the definition of "seasoned" that is used with firewood. Meaning dried or aged.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams
French G.
friend

ohhh sparkles!

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 05:08:19 PM »

Utah 'splained. Mormons. Done.

I get the idea that the store flunkeys never touch the Popeyes turkey. It might be good.

Wyoming, fer real? You needed a recipe?

AKA Navy Joe   

If you see ten threads coming down the road you can be sure nine will run into the ditch before you get a chance to post. I call that ditch APS. -Cal Coolidge
bluestarlizzard
Queen of the Cislords
friend

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 05:14:16 PM »

OMG!! Just saw Alaska! I didn't know there was such a thing!  shocked

WANT!!

Ben
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 05:25:29 PM »

OMG!! Just saw Alaska! I didn't know there was such a thing!  shocked

WANT!!

Costco is selling them for the season right now. My dad got one and made me try it. I'm usually against all the "pumpkin [insert food item here]" stuff, but I have to admit it was pretty tasty.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."
bluestarlizzard
Queen of the Cislords
friend

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 05:28:36 PM »

Costco is selling them for the season right now. My dad got one and made me try it. I'm usually against all the "pumpkin [insert food item here]" stuff, but I have to admit it was pretty tasty.

And now all I have to do is ask Fanny to get me one.  smiley

lee n. field
friend

tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 06:18:06 PM »

An almost complete wide stack of states through the middle, from Canukistan to Messico, looking up green bean casserole.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.
Ben
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 06:27:32 PM »

An almost complete wide stack of states through the middle, from Canukistan to Messico, looking up green bean casserole.

Though it's obviously not a scientific survey, I found the regional aspects interesting. I think French nailed it on the Mormons in Utah and Idaho. But what commonalities cause that middle section to look up the green bean casserole? Or much of the coasts to look up turkey? Do Nevada and Arizona do it because of an influx of Californians? Points to ponder. Smiley

Angel Eyes
Unindicted co-conspirator
friend

You're not diggin'

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 06:29:32 PM »

"Rope is cheap and gravity is free." 
                  - Tallpine
Mike Irwin
friend

I Am Inimical

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2018, 06:51:54 PM »

I've had pumpkin cheesecake. It is pretty dammed awesome. My sister-in-law makes a pumpkin cake roll up with cream cheese filling that is just incredible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.
fistful
I'll be your gunsplainer this evening.
friend

Don't mention the abortion!

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 08:03:15 PM »

Huh? People do a lot of different things with gelatin. Did you think it was just add water and you're done?

It's these casserole people that need to explain themselves. Why are you people making casserole? Casserole is nasty; don't matter what kind.

Snowflakes: fragile since 1520
"The ears of our generation have been made so delicate by the senseless multitude of flatterers that, as soon as we perceive that anything of ours is not approved of, we cry out that we are being bitterly assailed; and when we can repel the truth by no other pretense, we escape by attributing bitterness, impatience, intemperance, to our adversaries."
--Martin Luther, On Christian Liberty
MillCreek
friend

APS Risk Manager

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 08:11:39 PM »

^^^And yet, the most popular Thanksgiving dish of Missouri is breakfast casserole.  Surely you enjoy a good breakfast casserole?

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/favorite-thanksgiving-foods-in-every-state-map#

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.
French G.
friend

ohhh sparkles!

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 08:11:49 PM »

Mormon jello. I had a better article somewhere, no can find.

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/why-mormons-love-jell-o-utah-state-snack

AKA Navy Joe   

If you see ten threads coming down the road you can be sure nine will run into the ditch before you get a chance to post. I call that ditch APS. -Cal Coolidge
fistful
friend

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 09:09:57 PM »

^^^And yet, the most popular Thanksgiving dish of Missouri is breakfast casserole.  Surely you enjoy a good breakfast casserole?

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/favorite-thanksgiving-foods-in-every-state-map#

Never heard of it, but on Christmas and Easter, my wife (from Illinois) makes strata. Probably similar.

"The ears of our generation have been made so delicate by the senseless multitude of flatterers that, as soon as we perceive that anything of ours is not approved of, we cry out that we are being bitterly assailed; and when we can repel the truth by no other pretense, we escape by attributing bitterness, impatience, intemperance, to our adversaries."
Mike Irwin
friend

I Am Inimical

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2018, 04:24:20 AM »

Never heard of it, but on Christmas and Easter, my wife (from Illinois) makes strata. Probably similar.

Strata is 100% casserole.

I bet you eat a LOT of casseroles, like them, and don't even realize that you're eating a casserole.

You like lasagna?

Lasagna is a casserole.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.
fistful
friend

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2018, 04:25:56 AM »

I bet you eat a LOT of casseroles, like them, and don't even realize that you're eating a casserole.

You like lasagna?

Lasagna is a casserole.

Hate lasagna. What else you got?

Ben
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2018, 05:20:47 AM »

Hate lasagna. What else you got?

Mike Irwin
friend

I Am Inimical

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2018, 06:08:59 AM »

Well, I'm getting a better picture of how little I like you... 

Mac & Cheese

Pot pie

Tuna Noodle

Bacon cheeseburger tater tot

Shepherd's Pie

Cottage Pie

Chicken Tettrazini

MechAg94
friend

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2018, 06:24:06 AM »

You like lasagna?

Lasagna is a casserole.
An omelet is pretty much a casserole. 

To me, Thanksgiving is turkey with gravy and my Mother's cornbread dressing.  Some pound cake for desert.  All the other sides are optional. 

"Envy was once considered to be one of the seven deadly sins before it became one of the most admired virtues under its new name, 'social justice.'"   Thomas Sowell
fistful
friend

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2018, 07:07:28 AM »

Mac & Cheese - no thank you

Pot pie - awesome, just leave out the peas and carrots

Tuna Noodle - nasty

Bacon cheeseburger tater tot - I'd try it, but I don't know...

Shepherd's Pie - if done right, they can escape being awful

Cottage Pie - never heard of it

Chicken Tettrazini - that sounds like a chicken pasta, which doesn't sound very appealing.

Nastiness, or at least blandness, seems to be an essential ingredient of the casserole. Therefore, strata and pot pie are obviously not casseroles.  Tongue

Here's a longer list of alleged casseroles, but I don't recognize very many of the dishes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_casserole_dishes

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: