Author Topic: T-Mobile security guard involved in shooting that injured child charged  (Read 539 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://www.click2houston.com/news/child-suspect-injured-during-shooting-involving-security-guard-at-cell-phone-store
This story happened locally.  Judging by the story, the child wasn't injured quite as bad as I thought at first.  They mentioned surgery to remove the bullet from her leg. 

Security guard shooting at cell phone thieves.  Stray bullet went through car door and hit the girl in a McDonalds drive thru nearby.  The story doesn't give any details of why the guard started shooting.  I am not completely sure if he was the only one shooting. 

Even if the shooting was 100% justified, injuring a bystander some distance away will get you in trouble. 

https://fox13now.com/2018/09/24/sheriff-target-shooter-in-rural-utah-accidentally-shoots-kills-14-year-old-boy/
Another stray bullet story I came across searching for the first one.  Don't assume the woods behind your target will stop your bullets.  Tragic, but happens sometimes.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: T-Mobile security guard involved in shooting that injured child charged
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 03:03:03 PM »
First story is a lot short on details, but it is written in such a way that it looks like the thieves ran in, grabbed an item, and ran back out.  Kind of hard to say that was justified shooting at fleeing subjects for taking a phone.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 07:29:39 PM »
Shooting a guy stealing a cell phone?   

How can this be appropriate or legal?
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 07:49:01 PM »
The cell phone was actually a DAGR connected to FDC for a FA battery 7km north of the McDonalds.  Guard did what he had to do.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 10:27:08 PM »
Kid took it like a champ.
“When she realized that I was panicking and I was about to lose it, she told me, she said, ‘Daddy, I’m OK. I’m going to be fine,’” Tidwell said. “It could have been a lot worse. We still don’t know the extent of the damage, but she’s alive.”
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic