Author Topic: Justice Ginsberg has cancer removed from lungs  (Read 17071 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Justice Ginsberg has cancer removed from lungs
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2019, 09:22:26 AM »
Still reminds me of Brezhnev.
Will she now have a big dark blotch on her head somewhere?  

Think you're thinking Gorbachev
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2019, 09:52:16 AM »
Think you're thinking Gorbachev
I thought most all of the USSR leaders had those. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2019, 09:54:15 AM »
I thought most all of the USSR leaders had those. 
I just remember Gorbachev being famous for it. I seem to remember someone saying it was a map of Poland.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2019, 09:56:01 AM »
I just remember Gorbachev being famous for it. I seem to remember someone saying it was a map of Poland.

Borscht stain.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2019, 10:44:22 AM »
I question whether anybody is allowed to hug the 85 year old Justice recovering from lung surgery and broken ribs, let alone someone not in her inner circle.

Pure propaganda

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/she-looked-quite-glam-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-makes-first-public-appearance-since-cancer-surgery-attends-concert-celebrating-herself/
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2019, 10:56:06 AM »
Whoa!

Ginsburg will likely not attend the State of the Union address Tuesday night as she has a history of boycotting those given by Republican presidents, reported the Washington Post, which also noted that Ginsburg’s appearance at the concert was low-key.

I wasn't aware of this. So much for an impartial judiciary. (Although I have never regarded RBG as impartial.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2019, 11:20:24 AM »
Whoa!

I wasn't aware of this. So much for an impartial judiciary. (Although I have never regarded RBG as impartial.)

She attended all of Obama's, none of Bush's, and I believe indicated she will never attend any of Trump's  IIRC
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2019, 02:06:35 PM »
She attended all of Obama's, none of Bush's, and I believe indicated she will never attend any of Trump's  IIRC

I'd like to see what would happen if Kavanaugh boycotted Dem. President SOTUs.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2019, 02:34:28 PM »

You mean a conspiracy to cause her death, or a conspiracy to cover up her death?

Cover up her death
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2019, 10:48:46 AM »
Apparently there are in fact photos of the RBG event as well as video that was released.

All released quietly probably because none of the media shows RBG as being there.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2019, 11:16:10 AM »

- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2019, 10:37:12 AM »
Status update: Back to work (not dead [tinfoil])
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will be back on the bench Tuesday for oral arguments for the time since surgery in late December.

The Supreme Court's Public Information Office confirmed Ginsburg's attendance shortly after 9 a.m.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2019, 10:47:11 AM »
Status update: Back to work (not dead [tinfoil])

They SAY she's not dead, but given the Democrat's allegiance to the dark powers, can we really know for sure she's not undead?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2019, 11:24:58 AM »
They SAY she's not dead, but given the Democrat's allegiance to the dark powers, can we really know for sure she's not undead?
At the very least, the normal ethics of the typical D.C. demorat certainly doesn't rule that out. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2019, 11:33:53 AM »

Inspired by the movie Weekend at Bernie's . . .

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2019, 06:07:56 AM »
Still no proof of life?

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...

Pb

• friend
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2019, 11:43:08 AM »
Tumor on pancreas this time.

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/23/753699013/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-underwent-another-round-of-cancer-treatment-this-sum

I think this is God's way of telling her to retire.  Apparently she didn't get the hint the last few times she had cancer.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2019, 11:51:52 AM »
I think I may have mentioned it earlier in this thread, but no politics are worth staying on the job in this condition. I may not agree with her politics, but she has a right to some peaceful remaining years.

For her political concerns, she probably should have looked at retiring early in Obama's second term. If she's hanging on and suffering now, just to keep a conservative judge off the SC, she's probably doing so in vain. At this point (things can always change) Trump will almost certainly be re-elected, and I don't see the makeup of the senate changing. At best (for libs), a moderate judge will get in as her replacement.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2019, 11:55:33 AM »
She won't retire.  Especially with Trump in the White House and a Republican Senate.  I seriously doubt the D's can take the Senate next year.  Gardner and McSally are the only particularly vulnerable R's, and Jones (AL) is unlikely to retain his seat for the D's.  That would leave Senate 51R/49D even if all 3 go in favor of the Ds.  So even if Trump loses next year it's not like whoever is last out of the D clowncar of POTUS candidates will be able to confirm a 45 year old ideological clone of RBG.

I'd certainly prefer to have Trump replace her with Amy Barrett though.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2019, 01:58:25 PM »
I want her replaced with another white, Catholic guy, preferably a classmate or close friend of Justice Kavanaugh.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2019, 04:36:54 PM »
Yep, if Trumps get another SC pick, we have already see what they will do.  They will actively fabricate whatever they think will get them shot down.  And I don't think they will care if it is transparent what they are doing.   matter lately.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2019, 06:04:33 PM »
Yep, if Trumps get another SC pick, we have already see what they will do.  They will actively fabricate whatever they think will get them shot down.  And I don't think they will care if it is transparent what they are doing.   matter lately.
It wouldn't surprise me if the sworn statements, evidence, and affidavits are already in hand . . . the dems just have to wait for POTUS to formally nominate someone so they'll know whose name to fill in on the papers they've prepared.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2019, 06:13:45 PM »
Get ready, apocalypse Ruth is coming

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2019/08/26/get-ready-for-apocalypse-ruth-n2552156

"She’s a terrible justice and conservatives would love to see her step down. But our side expressed no delight in her latest suffering comparable to the giddy revelry that greeted Koch’s kicking the bucket."

I guess he doesn't browse arfcom GD!

I can assure the author of the piece that there are large numbers of folks on arfcom that are gleefully and publicly wishing for her to die.