Author Topic: Justice Ginsberg has cancer removed from lungs  (Read 16977 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Justice Ginsberg has cancer removed from lungs
« on: December 21, 2018, 12:50:11 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/21/supreme-court-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-85-reportedly-undergoes-lung-procedure-.html

More health issues for Justice Ginsburg.

She is a tough one, I can see how she made it as far as she has.

Tenacious

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Justice Ginsberg has cancer removed from lungs
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 01:11:23 PM »
I certainly don't wish anyone ill health and hope she recovers fully for her friends' and family's sake. Professionally, however, it may be time to hang up the gavel.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 01:15:07 PM »
I certainly don't wish anyone ill health and hope she recovers fully for her friends' and family's sake. Professionally, however, it may be time to hang up the gavel.

Brad

https://www.smobserved.com/story/2018/12/20/politics/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-will-retire-from-the-us-supreme-court-in-january-2019/3658.html
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 01:24:30 PM »
This is the kind of thing where I don't care about politics. If this were Justice Thomas and Hillary Clinton were President, I would still say "retire". People deserve some dignity in their remaining years. I wouldn't want to see anyone hold that position until death or a different president simply to make their political wing happy.

The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the few, or the many.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 01:36:15 PM »

https://www.smobserved.com/story/2018/12/20/politics/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-will-retire-from-the-us-supreme-court-in-january-2019/3658.html

I call BS

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has had a re-occurrence of malignant melanoma, she has told her law clerks

Malignant melanoma is skin cancer, RBG has fought lung, colon and pancreatic cancers. No mention of skin cancer in the past.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 01:41:20 PM »

If that's true, the Kavanaugh confirmation circus will look like tea with the queen, by comparison. I hope he nominates keg-quaffer Kavanaugh to that seat as well.  :rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 01:42:53 PM »
I call BS

Malignant melanoma is skin cancer, RBG has fought lung, colon and pancreatic cancers. No mention of skin cancer in the past.

Her lung cancer is back.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 01:46:45 PM »
Yup, multiple mainstream sources are reporting lung cancer.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 01:55:06 PM »
Her lung cancer is back.

Right, but I'm calling retirement in Jan 2019 BS, because of the wrong cancer mention in the article I pulled the quote from.

I'm not doubting she just had lung cancer removed.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2018, 01:59:28 PM »
Yeah, no lame stream media reporting her retirement just yet.

Mattis for USSC.   >:D [popcorn] >:D [popcorn] >:D
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2018, 02:17:22 PM »

Mattis for USSC.   >:D [popcorn] >:D [popcorn] >:D

The fits of apoplexy on the left if that were to happen would cause even my cold evil conservative heart to warm... Not that I really could opine on whether he would make a good judge (although it would be entertaining as hell to have him go all "drill sergeant" on the other members of the court), but just for the sheer volume of screeching from the libprogs.  
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2018, 02:49:43 PM »
Yeah, no lame stream media reporting her retirement just yet.

Mattis for USSC.   >:D [popcorn] >:D [popcorn] >:D

Mattis seems a bit squishy on social issues.... I'm more of a John Bolton for USSC endorser.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2018, 03:18:49 PM »
Trey Gowdy

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

brimic

• friends
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2018, 03:47:56 PM »
This is the kind of thing where I don't care about politics. If this were Justice Thomas and Hillary Clinton were President, I would still say "retire". People deserve some dignity in their remaining years. I wouldn't want to see anyone hold that position until death or a different president simply to make their political wing happy.

Yes.
I wish her luck in a speedy recovery and in all of her future endeavors.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2018, 04:41:06 PM »
Trey Gowdy

Brad

Trey Gowdy, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee would all be good choices, but I also think Ms. Barrett will do just fine.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 05:13:42 PM »
Trey Gowdy

Brad

I think his theatrics for attention would not make him a credible justice. This isn't a John Grisham novel turned into a movie, but the SCOTUS.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 06:21:24 PM by charby »

Uranus is a gas giant.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2018, 06:10:24 PM »
Trey Gowdy

Brad

Gowdy and his fellows in the house and senate have put on a few good shows but not one damn thing have come from any of them.
All hat, no cattle.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2018, 06:50:39 PM »
Gowdy and his fellows in the house and senate have put on a few good shows but not one damn thing have come from any of them.
All hat, no cattle.

Understand what he (and congress) can and can't do.  Congress can't file charges, nor prosecute anyone.  All they can do is bring wrong-doing to the attention of the FBI and DOJ.  It's up to them to go after the wrong do-ers.

The whole Hillary e-mail investigation came about because of Gowdy's Benghazi hearings.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2018, 07:00:08 PM »
Understand what he (and congress) can and can't do.  Congress can't file charges, nor prosecute anyone.  All they can do is bring wrong-doing to the attention of the FBI and DOJ.  It's up to them to go after the wrong do-ers.

The whole Hillary e-mail investigation came about because of Gowdy's Benghazi hearings.

There were several witnesses (I don't remember exactly who) that should have been arrested on the spot for "civil contempt" and thrown in the Capitol dungeon.  They do have that power, they just never use it.
"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2018, 08:34:42 PM »

And has anyone even ever been "brought to the attention of the DOJ/FBI?"
They have a bully pulpit refer them to the DOJ and if the DOJ does nothing refer the DOJ to the  people that pay their salaries.
I will concede that  all the dog and pony shows have shown us that our government "officials" are above the law and unaccountable to anyone and the crooks on the left can pretty well do anything they want with impunity.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2018, 08:48:14 PM »
The poor woman should retire and try to relax in what time she has left. Perhaps she can finally make that trip to New Zealand she & her husband were considering in case of a Trump win back in 2016 . . .

Trey Gowdy, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee would all be good choices, but I also think Ms. Barrett will do just fine.
NOT Gowdy - he made a lot of noise which made for good political theater, but nothing MORE than political theater; aside from some finger pointing, he was ineffectual in obtaining tangible results from the committees he chaired.

Hmmm . . . I wouldn't mind Jeanine Pirro. Though she only served as judge on a minor court (not federal) and as a district attorney, she still seems to have her head screwed on right.

But I'm sure the Democrats already have a smear campaign orchestrated against Trump's next nominee, with documents, sworn statements, and witnesses all lined up to allege corruption, sexual deviancy, pedophilia, racism, homophobia, collusion with Russia, devil worship,** and rumors of anthropophagy . . . all they have to do is wait for Trump to formally nominate someone so they'll know whose name to fill in.

** - ok, maybe not devil worship. That might gain support from a large part of the Democrat base.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2018, 12:45:09 AM »
And has anyone even ever been "brought to the attention of the DOJ/FBI?"
They have a bully pulpit refer them to the DOJ and if the DOJ does nothing refer the DOJ to the  people that pay their salaries.
I will concede that  all the dog and pony shows have shown us that our government "officials" are above the law and unaccountable to anyone and the crooks on the left can pretty well do anything they want with impunity.

Yes, Hillary was.  And yes, they white-washed it and swept it under the rug.  And I'm just as pissed off as you are.  She was doing what she did deliberately.  (Even thought the crimes she committed do NOT require intent or mens rea).  You don't "accidentally" setup a private server an then "lose" 30,000 emails, then Bleachbit the damn thing so you can't recover anything.  (Why has no one gone to NSA and recovered them "by other means" ??)   That bitch and her entourage needs to be not in jail, but under it.

Meanwhile, if you have an "R" after you name (or are one of the "little people" of this country), get hammered for "lying to federal agent" for not recalling with surgical precision the minutiae of phone calls from months ago, but the FBI call lie his ass off and say "I don't remember" almost 300 times, and he's a hero of the #Resistance.   And 100% agree with you, we need a plaque, but I'm betting we're going to get a civil war.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2018, 01:22:01 PM »

Hmmm . . . I wouldn't mind Jeanine Pirro. Though she only served as judge on a minor court (not federal) and as a district attorney, she still seems to have her head screwed on right.

Jeanine Pirro is favors an assault weapon ban;

https://www.wxxinews.org/post/pirro-formalizes-campaign-plans

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2018, 09:26:09 PM »
Jeanine Pirro is favors an assault weapon ban;

https://www.wxxinews.org/post/pirro-formalizes-campaign-plans

You know that was 13 or 14 years ago, right?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2018, 11:46:06 AM »
You know that was 13 or 14 years ago, right?
Has she changed her mind on it?  Once people get a lifetime SC appointment, the temptation to become more liberal seems to be pretty great.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge