Author Topic: Justice Ginsberg has cancer removed from lungs  (Read 16975 times)

dm1333

• friend
Re: Justice Ginsberg has cancer removed from lungs
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2018, 03:23:39 PM »
Has she changed her mind on it?  Once people get a lifetime SC appointment, the temptation to become more liberal seems to be pretty great.

Has she changed her mind?  Sure seems like it.  Here's an article from 2013.

https://www.inquisitr.com/648002/fox-news-host-jeanine-pirro-nra-speech-gun-control-is-politically-correct-nonsense-video/

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2018, 10:02:43 AM »
Not  a reoccurrence of previous cancer(s).

Full body scan shows no other signs of cancer.

Doctors express hope that they were slow growing tumors, the type that are not unusual in elderly folks.

https://www.apnews.com/31f076cd5ad34e4884eda5e13481b6ad
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2018, 12:09:44 PM »
Has she changed her mind?  Sure seems like it.  Here's an article from 2013.

https://www.inquisitr.com/648002/fox-news-host-jeanine-pirro-nra-speech-gun-control-is-politically-correct-nonsense-video/

Hopefully she has.  She mentioned opposing the mag ban in the new article you posted; no mention of a change of mind on a rifle ban though.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2019, 12:47:59 PM »
She will miss the upcoming oral arguments for the first time ever since becoming a SC Justice.

I’m surprised they don’t teleconference her from her home where she is still recovering from surgery.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2019, 12:51:13 PM »
I really wonder if it will be one of the situations where years later we will learn it was a clerk doing the final writings for someone in a coma or otherwise unable to do anything meaningful. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2019, 01:20:56 PM »
I really wonder if it will be one of the situations where years later we will learn it was a clerk doing the final writings for someone in a coma or otherwise unable to do anything meaningful.  

If so, how long can the charade go on before someone demands access to the Judge?

How can they indefinitely sequester her away from the public and colleagues pretending she is still capable of performing her duties?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 03:05:07 PM by Ron »

Pb

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2019, 04:59:08 PM »

I seem to recall reading about a senile SC judge years ago... his colleagues "put off" making any decisions where he would be a tie breaker.  Can't recall who that was though.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2019, 10:41:05 PM »
I seem to recall reading about a senile SC judge years ago... his colleagues "put off" making any decisions where he would be a tie breaker.  Can't recall who that was though.

I think that was William O Douglas back in the '70's.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2019, 01:43:59 PM »
Day 2 missed

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2019, 02:25:51 PM »
Day 2 missed

While I do not wish ill upon anyone, I am completely ok with this.  Fingers crossed that this will be the event that triggers her retirement.

Because the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the left would be absolutely *EPIC*. 
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2019, 05:21:45 PM »
Semi-related:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/01/07/not-a-cult-who-wants-to-shave-off-a-day-of-their-life-and-give-it-to-ruth-bader-ginsburg/

Wow . . . creepy . . .

Someone on Ricochet noted that several million children have given their entire lives for Ginsburg's judicial philosophy.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2019, 06:53:35 PM »
Day 2 missed
If she misses oral arguments, is she still allowed to rule on the case?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2019, 02:50:03 PM »
I'm hearing rumors that she's on her way out, one way or another.
Well, I'm reading them. I don't actually talk to people. And I believe them as much as I believe the rumors about Trump resigning. It's all wishes disguised as "inside information."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2019, 02:55:17 PM »
If she misses oral arguments, is she still allowed to rule on the case?
yes, it seems so.
Chief Justice John Roberts announced from the bench that Ginsburg is continuing to participate from home. This is not unprecedented, as the late Chief Justice William Rehnquist also participated and even authored several opinions while undergoing cancer treatment from 2004-2005.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2019, 10:00:40 AM »
We all know the only way she will leave office when Trump is president is if she dies.  She's not going to resign while he is in office.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2019, 09:06:55 PM »
This article claims she has pneumonia and the reports that she is working from her hospital room are lies.

https://www.smobserved.com/story/2019/01/07/news/stricken-with-pneumonia-ruth-bader-ginsburg-about-to-retire-from-supreme-court/3780.html

Pb

• friend
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2019, 09:10:34 AM »
This article claims she has pneumonia and the reports that she is working from her hospital room are lies.

https://www.smobserved.com/story/2019/01/07/news/stricken-with-pneumonia-ruth-bader-ginsburg-about-to-retire-from-supreme-court/3780.html

Well, I certainly hope I am wrong.  I wish her a long and glorious retirement.  That would be nice.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2019, 06:08:27 PM »
I think this goes here. So today I'm in my state capitol in a room full of white oppressor statues(Virginia). Tour guide asks what is the oldest continuous legislative body in the western hemisphere. My kid blurts out RBG. So should I be happy a fifth grader knows the name of a supreme, embarrassed at how wrong she was given the contextual clue, or just marvel at the snark?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2019, 11:24:14 PM »
So should I be happy a fifth grader knows the name of a supreme, embarrassed at how wrong she was given the contextual clue, or just marvel at the snark?

Yes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

brimic

• friends
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2019, 12:38:01 AM »
If she really has pneumonia, she has days left at best.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2019, 09:57:50 AM »
Pneumonia at her age is bad enough for someone in relatively good health. Right after a serious partial lung-ectomy? Not good.

Brad
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 10:17:46 AM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2019, 11:44:02 AM »
Whistling past the graveyard but unfortunately a good point.

What happens if she is too sick to serve? Nothing

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/01/16/ruth-bader-ginsburg-supreme-court-health-224014