Author Topic: DHS is getting creative  (Read 797 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
DHS is getting creative
« on: January 31, 2019, 02:20:29 PM »
... they created a fake university for the purpose of nabbing illegal aliens:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/01/30/farmington-university-immigrant-arrests/2727080002/

DETROIT – The Department of Homeland Security said it set up a fake university in Michigan to target immigrant students who were staying in the U.S. without proper authorization, according to federal indictments unsealed Wednesday.

Eight people were arrested and indicted for conspiracy to commit visa fraud and harboring aliens for profit, said US. Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan Matthew Schneider. Six of them were arrested in metro Detroit, one in Florida, and another in Virginia.

I'm all for catching and deporting illegals, but what did this cost per defendant?

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

freakazoid

• friend
Re: DHS is getting creative
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 02:26:28 PM »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 02:33:59 PM »
Eight people seem like a drop in the bucket.  Plus they're deporting people that are apparently interested in getting an education.  Now, if the fake university was purporting to offer classes in terroristic activities I could see why they'd want to target those prospective students.  Otherwise, it seems like their efforts might be more effective if they were to focus on illegals that are actually committing crimes.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 02:40:49 PM »
An indictment says the defendants helped at least 600 "foreign citizens to illegally remain, re-enter and work in the United States and actively recruited them to enroll in a fraudulent school as part of a 'pay to stay' scheme."

I would like to know what happened to the 600 +/- that accepted the offer to pay into a fraudulent scheme to ride the gravy train known as the USA?

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 03:10:02 PM »
Last time I was in Houston, there were a great deal more than 8 day laborers hanging out around the Home Depot parking lot I drove through.  Good chance there were more than 8 illegals in that group.
β€œIt is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 04:46:23 PM »
I saw this was being blasted by some SJWs "because Trump", but it's apparently something that started while Obama was still in the chair.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."