Author Topic: People Buy Guns With Credit Cards!!!!!  (Read 1427 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
People Buy Guns With Credit Cards!!!!!
« on: December 24, 2018, 10:17:51 AM »
RUN FOR THE HILLS!!! PEOPLE ARE BUYING GUNS WITH CREDIT CARDS!!! MASS SHOOTINGS ARE IMMINENT!!!

"All the news that's fit to print"   ;/

https://twitchy.com/brads-313037/2018/12/24/ny-times-has-a-major-breakthrough-people-buy-guns-the-same-way-they-buy-everything/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: People Buy Guns With Credit Cards!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 12:14:06 PM »
I usually don't, but I bought a bunch of stuff the day after the previous president got elected just in case someone was watching.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 12:26:27 PM »
De-platforming the deplorables is a current tactic of the government/corporate left.

Whether it’s speech on the social media platforms, payment processing through entities like Patreon etc groups and individuals on the right are getting squeezed.

My company in a fit of virtue signaling stopped doing business with the conglomerate that owns Savage Rifles after one the last mass shootings. We no longer sell three or four huge brands that the conglomerate owns due to their connection with firearms and ammunition.

Banks and credit cards are the natural extension of this government/corporate collusion to deny the right any room to move or expand.

A common theme of the hated Vox Day is the right must build their own platforms, becoming robust against the attempts of the left to de-platform and marginalize the right. Otherwise the right will be squeezed out and silenced.

The voices of the right in the mainstream media are almost all controlled opposition. Like Buckley, they may on occasion yell Stop! before capitulating. They have no intention of reversing course or making our institutions reflect the principles of the right. Consider that in light of the failures of Republicans to actually conserve anything.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 06:45:52 PM »
I intentionally use cash when making a gun purchase.  First, SWMBO pays the credit card Bill's, and the leas she knows the better  ;)  Honestly, while I know .Gov knows what I buy and when I do, I don't need the credit card company, the bank,  the credit bureaus, etc. knowing that.  My business.  (A bonus, LGS will usually give me a discount if I'm paying cash, as he avoids the CC fees.)
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 08:44:34 PM »
First, SWMBO pays the credit card Bill's

Who's Bill, and why is your wife paying off his credit cards?
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 07:36:51 PM »
Who's Bill, and why is your wife paying off his credit cards?

Mea culpa. Posting after drinking.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 08:52:03 AM »
And . . . I just fount out SOME PEOPLE BUY GUNS WITH CASH OR COINS PRINTED OR MINTED BY THE GOVERNMENT?!?!

OMG, The BUREAU OF ENGRAVING AND PRINTING and the U.S. MINT are financing mass murders! Oh, the HORROR!!!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 10:36:51 AM »
I love how they skip over the fact that they slipped past those fantastic background checks. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 09:05:25 PM »
I'm hoping to buy a gun with a credit card tomorrow...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 11:51:49 PM »
I love how they skip over the fact that they slipped past those fantastic background checks. 

Damn loopholes.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 10:35:27 AM »
I've alway paid via cash or checks.  If I would have know that paying by CC allows me to skip the 4473 and the background check, I would have been doing that all along !!!

[/sarcasm]
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2018, 10:42:55 AM »
What's also funny (not really) is that if somehow credit card payments were disallowed for firearms and people started paying cash, these idiots would make a similar argument about people "hiding" their gun purchases by using cash. "They should have to have some traceable record of their purchase! Like a credit card!"
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 01:38:42 PM »
Didn't buy a gun with my credit card. Thought about it, an S&W Model 1917 in very nice condition. Didn't want to drop $1K, though.

Bought 100 rounds of .40 S&W practice ammo instead.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2018, 01:45:06 PM »
They want to bring back Operation Chokepoint and apply it personal credit cards.  Not just preventing businesses from selling guns.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 05:08:47 PM »
I've gotten several guns free using credit card rewards points.  (Browning SA-22 takedown rifle, and a Ruger LCR)

I have over $500 with Cabela's/Bass Pro now; I should figure out something I want and spend them before they go poof for some reason, or Bass Pro stops selling anything worth getting.
"It's good, though..."

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2018, 05:11:36 PM »
You might want to check into that.  Ben posted something not too long ago about Cabela's card be sold/transferred/run by Capital One.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 05:32:16 PM »
You might want to check into that.  Ben posted something not too long ago about Cabela's card be sold/transferred/run by Capital One.

For now they're good at both Cabela's and Bass Pro. I haven't been to a Bass pro yet, but I used points at Cabelas last month. You have to swap cards on both the abela's Club site AND regular Cabela's. Your new card doesn't automatically show up at Cabela's.

I'm still using mine until I move to Idaho. Then I'm finally going to be able to use points for a gun and then probably canceling that card and switching to something else. It really seems like they're leaning more Bass Pro than Cabela's from the way the advertisements I've been getting have looked.