Author Topic: Woman in Coma for 10 Years Gives Birth  (Read 7133 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Woman in Coma for 10 Years Gives Birth
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2019, 11:21:41 AM »
^^^As an enrolled tribal member, it is possible that the Indian Health Service is picking up the tab for care. Of course, the IHS is a government agency, so it is being paid for by government dollars one way or the other, I bet.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2019, 11:31:13 AM »
^^^As an enrolled tribal member, it is possible that the Indian Health Service is picking up the tab for care. Of course, the IHS is a government agency, so it is being paid for by government dollars one way or the other, I bet.

Somewhere, somehow the government is paying, probably a combination of SS funds and IHS funds, and still the possibility of private pay depending on circumstances. I can almost guarantee if the IHS is paying there has to be another source of payment because they don't pay their bills very well in either money or in time. Whatever is being paid by the .gov  probably won't exceed Medicare guidelines so there will have to be supplemental money coming from somewhere.

bob

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2019, 11:39:11 AM »
^^^As sort of a sidebar, we are seeing an increase in tribal members in our clinics over the past few weeks. A lot of the local outpatient IHS clinics have temporarily closed their doors due to the government shutdown.  Are IHS patients also enrolled in Medicaid, I wonder.  I know that we are still getting our Medicare and Medicaid patient bills paid by the Feds.

BobR

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2019, 11:46:24 AM »
^^^As sort of a sidebar, we are seeing an increase in tribal members in our clinics over the past few weeks. A lot of the local outpatient IHS clinics have temporarily closed their doors due to the government shutdown.  Are IHS patients also enrolled in Medicaid, I wonder.  I know that we are still getting our Medicare and Medicaid patient bills paid by the Feds.

From what I saw in the larger IHS service areas, AZ and MT, they push Medicare enrollment for those eligible to increase their access to health care. Almost all of them are like the VA patients, they have Medicare A but will not purchase Part B because they have the VA to use. The VA cannot bill Medicare for care giveso I would bet the IHS is the same way. They encourage enrollment in case the patient needs health care away from the vicinity of a VA facility. I would imagine it is the same for IHS even though the IHS won't bill Medicare for the care they give to their patients they will encourage enrollment.

bob

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2019, 11:55:44 AM »
So, you are in favor of euthanasia if the government is on the hook for prolonged care of a person's body if the mind has stopped functioning and there is no other source of funding? Is it OK if we keep the ones with private pay alive because it isn't costing the .gov (we the people) any money? Just trying to get a handle on the ground rules here. Do we then extend these rules to people with advanced dementia because they also need tons of care on the .gov dime?

bob

I'm not in favor of euthanasia for anyone.  No one is talking about chemically induced assisted suicide.  Nor state mandate that if you can't pay, you must be euthanized.

However I'm also not in favor of any government subsidized healthcare at all.  If you can't pay, or can't find a charity willing to pay, then no health care for you.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

BobR

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2019, 12:05:54 PM »

I'm not in favor of euthanasia for anyone.  No one is talking about chemically induced assisted suicide.  Nor state mandate that if you can't pay, you must be euthanized.

However I'm also not in favor of any government subsidized healthcare at all.  If you can't pay, or can't find a charity willing to pay, then no health care for you.

Well, that would certainty solve or decrease a bunch of other social problems, such as homelessness and over crowding of schools seeing how appx 35% or so of the US population has been on the .gov teat for health care recently. Without them receiving health care we could expect the mortality to increase among that population which would decrease the population somewhat and with it the problems brought on by too many people. It would also decrease the .gov healthcare budget and they could use the money for other programs. Sounds like a win/win. ;)

bob

bob

HankB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2019, 01:53:37 PM »
I can't begin to adequately describe my revulsion for the kind of sicko pervert that would do that to a comatose patient - were it up to me, once positively identified there'd be no torture, but he'd just be put down like a mad dog.

But is anyone else disturbed by the issuance of a warrant to DNA test an entire group of people (I haven't seen the actual numbers affected) because one among them is suspected to be the miscreant involved? I can see this kind of thing getting out of hand real easily.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BobR

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2019, 02:29:12 PM »
I can't begin to adequately describe my revulsion for the kind of sicko pervert that would do that to a comatose patient - were it up to me, once positively identified there'd be no torture, but he'd just be put down like a mad dog.

But is anyone else disturbed by the issuance of a warrant to DNA test an entire group of people (I haven't seen the actual numbers affected) because one among them is suspected to be the miscreant involved? I can see this kind of thing getting out of hand real easily.

This isn't an unusual investigative technique from what I understand. I have a feeling that if they needed search warrants for uncooperative employees in order to compel a DNA test it would have been fairly simple given the nature and circumstances of the crime.

I have a much greater issue with police departments using publically available DNA databases, finding a distant relative that is a close match and then target every one of that person's close relatives in obtaining cast off items that may provide them some DNA. For some reason that doesn't sit well with me.

Just one of several recently: https://abcnews.go.com/US/dna-napkin-led-arrest-cold-case-1986-rape/story?id=56139536

bob

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2019, 02:41:59 PM »
Ever since I read 'The Blooding' by Joseph Wambaugh, I have been interested in the concept of forensic DNA testing, and I am amazed at how it has expanded: both to free the innocent and to convict the guilty.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2019, 02:52:59 PM »
Well, that would certainty solve or decrease a bunch of other social problems, such as homelessness and over crowding of schools seeing how appx 35% or so of the US population has been on the .gov teat for health care recently. Without them receiving health care we could expect the mortality to increase among that population which would decrease the population somewhat and with it the problems brought on by too many people. It would also decrease the .gov healthcare budget and they could use the money for other programs. Sounds like a win/win. ;)

bob

bob
I think you would find that most of that number would come up with the money if they had to and wouldn't be hurting that much doing it. 

Also, if the Govt and 3rd parties weren't subsidizing everyone, the market would find a way to serve those people at a reasonable rate. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2019, 03:56:58 PM »

The warrant is limited in scope to the male employees (females are exempted, but que triggered LGBTMNOPQRSTUV activists in 5..4...3..2), and only male employees.   If they expand it too much beyond that, or to include maybe male visitors,  it's still fairly limited in scope.  It's not like they are testing every male in a ten block radius.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2019, 04:00:49 PM »
Also it could well be that that those still employed are being compelled by the employer more so than the police.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2019, 04:44:17 PM »
But is anyone else disturbed by the issuance of a warrant to DNA test an entire group of people...

I am.  I'd like to read the arguments, the judge's opinion, and other case law that might concern similar cases.

It seems to me that unless there is already some evidence that points to this group of people, other than being male, then this search order is reaching way too far.  Does the hospital have a record of every person who entered that room?  Can the hospital prove that only this group of males entered that room?  Are any other males who had access to the patient included in the search warrant?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2019, 06:06:13 PM »
The warrant is limited in scope to the male employees (females are exempted, but que triggered LGBTMNOPQRSTUV activists in 5..4...3..2), and only male employees.   If they expand it too much beyond that, or to include maybe male visitors,  it's still fairly limited in scope.  It's not like they are testing every male in a ten block radius.

What happens if they have a trans female employee that hasn't been surgically altered mutilated yet, can they force her to submit to DNA testing?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2019, 11:50:09 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/23/health/arizona-woman-birth-vegetative-state/index.html

A 36 year old LPN has been arrested since his DNA matched.  I also see that the reason why the patient entered a coma at age 3 was a near-drowning.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2019, 12:40:06 PM »
What a horrible thing for the kid. Your mom's a vegetable, and your Dad's a guy that raped a vegetable. I hope he never finds out about his past, at least not until much later in life.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2019, 01:44:05 PM »
What happens if they have a trans female employee that hasn't been surgically altered mutilated yet, can they force her to submit to DNA testing?

1.  You worry about trans people too much
2.  The hormones themselves destroy fertility.  Effectively permanently in the case of males.

Even if a  unsnipped mtf trans was screwing the patients, as long as they're real trans and on hormones they're extremely unlikely to get anybody pregnant.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2019, 01:55:44 PM »
It's not as much the pregnancy as it is about the RAPE! The pregnancy is a result of a small fraction of the RAPEs and serves as an alert to the bigger issue.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2019, 03:50:42 PM »
It's not as much the pregnancy as it is about the RAPE! The pregnancy is a result of a small fraction of the RAPEs and serves as an alert to the bigger issue.

That's a good point. In fact in this case it appears they don't know how many other times that guy raped her. Just by saying that it must mean they suspect he did it repeatedly and regularly.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2019, 05:10:15 PM »
^^^If he had been smart enough to use condoms, he may never have been caught.  I bet this happened on third shift, when staffing is at its lowest, and the patients are all asleep.

Firethorn

• friend
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2019, 05:49:53 PM »

Indeed, but I was looking at it from the angle of solving the crime.  A mtf trans is unlikely to be the criminal because they're sterile and we have the baby as evidence.

If she had been sterile or the guy had wrapped it, he probably still wouldn't be caught, as the crime would still be undetected.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2019, 07:46:41 PM »

1.You worry about trans people too much
2.  The hormones themselves destroy fertility.  Effectively permanently in the case of males.

Even if a  unsnipped mtf trans was screwing the patients, as long as they're real trans and on hormones they're extremely unlikely to get anybody pregnant.

That kinda threw me, too.  Seemed like an oddball thing to bring in out of nowhere.... Larry?

I have my doubts about the legitimacy of the "search warrant," but I guess that'll come out in the wash.  The accused is not talking, per his civil rights, and is in jail on half a mil bond.  I hope his fellow prisoners aren't Democrats, who seem to feel that an accusation is as good as a conviction.  At least according to recent events in high places.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 08:03:25 PM by 230RN »

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2019, 09:34:20 PM »
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2019/01/christian-rapper-nathan-sutherland-arrested-for-raping-incapacitated-woman/?fbclid=IwAR3bP-Qv4-qVvqJLr8BqTzwSt5Obwgs9D3bciB8GYdM5rJsceUiYTmYLXic

I would hope that anyone identifying as a good Christian would forego raping women in comas.  Perhaps he can practice his rapping in prison.

Firethorn

• friend
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2019, 04:41:23 AM »
I hope his fellow prisoners aren't Democrats, who seem to feel that an accusation is as good as a conviction.  At least according to recent events in high places.

Matching DNA test is one hell of an accusation though.

For example, disregarding chromosome section swaps, It's like 1 in 8 million that the kid, being a 50% match for his DNA, is actually his father's, or a son's, happening to get the exact same chromosomes as he did.

MillCreek - I have long concluded that you tend to have two types of "upstanding" individual.  Besides the genuine you have fakers who pretend piety or charity in order to cover up their misdeeds.  I've seen far too many "fire and brimstone" types come up as doing the very things they preach against.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2019, 08:26:34 AM »
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2019/01/christian-rapper-nathan-sutherland-arrested-for-raping-incapacitated-woman/?fbclid=IwAR3bP-Qv4-qVvqJLr8BqTzwSt5Obwgs9D3bciB8GYdM5rJsceUiYTmYLXic

I would hope that anyone identifying as a good Christian would forego raping women in comas.  Perhaps he can practice his rapping in prison.
It's probably all just a misunderstanding based on spelling. Rapping / raping ... Darn Hooked on Phonics anyway ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design