Author Topic: Hell has frozen over: Mossberg comes out with a pistol  (Read 488 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Hell has frozen over: Mossberg comes out with a pistol
« on: January 04, 2019, 02:23:57 PM »
https://www.mossberg.com/category/series/mc1sc/

I think the last Mossberg pistol was back in the 20's.  I will be interested to see what the street price is.  I am unsure about the polycarbonate (or whatever magazines), and that you have to remove the striker mechanism to do a field strip. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Hell has frozen over: Mossberg comes out with a pistol
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 03:10:02 PM »
That's an interesting move. I wonder what kind of market share they are expecting.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

dogmush

• friend
Re: Hell has frozen over: Mossberg comes out with a pistol
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 04:03:28 PM »
https://www.mossberg.com/category/series/mc1sc/

I think the last Mossberg pistol was back in the 20's.  I will be interested to see what the street price is.  I am unsure about the polycarbonate (or whatever magazines), and that you have to remove the striker mechanism to do a field strip. 

It takes G43 mags if one doesn't like clear mags.  On the other issue, I think I'd rather pull the trigger than disassemble the slide to feld strip, but the internet is awash with folks claiming that pulling a trigger to dissemble a pistol is akin to drowning puppies, so Mossberg did what they had to do.

I have zero interest in a subcompact single stack 9mm (Except the EMP 4.0, I want one of those), I barely shoot my XDS, but judging from the success of the M&P Shield, XDS9, P365, G43 and whatever else I'm forgetting these will sell well in the $350-$400 range.  Hell people still buy R51's, they're so desperate for single stack 9's.

It looks neat for it's class.