Author Topic: Victim selection failure  (Read 508 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Victim selection failure
« on: January 06, 2019, 09:44:14 AM »
https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Mugger-attacks-senior-who-was-a-kickboxing-champ-13506562.php

Punk tries to mug senior citizen -- who happens to be former world champion kick boxer.

IMHO the charge should still be attempted murder. Hitting anyone over the head with a bottle could easily kill them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Victim selection failure
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 09:52:42 AM »
I just now saw him on Fox & Friends, where he was teaching them how to hit the heavy bag. That guy can throw a punch.

He was training to be the oldest competition fighter, with a bout in March. It has to be delayed because the bottle attack burst his eardrum.

Interesting that the story said "bystanders intervened and the mugger escaped." Makes you wonder how they intervened.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 10:18:48 AM »
Too bad the bystanders interfered. The ear drum rupture would make any response difficult. He must be one tough old guy.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 10:33:04 AM »
Too bad the bystanders interfered. The ear drum rupture would make any response difficult. He must be one tough old guy.

Yea, probably would take the fight out of most of us.

Being a lifetime fighter he probably has been hit hard before, he was probably able to keep his wits about him, relying on training and muscle memory.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 11:08:23 AM »

Interesting that the story said "bystanders intervened and the mugger escaped." Makes you wonder how they intervened.

I wondered about that, too. They had the punk on the ropes, bystanders (multiple, presumably) intervened ... and the perp got away? Gee, thanks for all the help, folks,
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design