Author Topic: Healthcare for all (Illegals) in California  (Read 707 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Healthcare for all (Illegals) in California
« on: January 08, 2019, 05:08:59 PM »
I had to one up Millcreek.  :laugh:

New CA governor Newsom wants free healthcare for all illegals under 26. I'm guessing that the budget surplus Brown left him will last another 12 days.

Of interest is the new "yellow vest" movement in CA mentioned in the article. I hadn't heard of it before now.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/01/08/gov-gavin-newsom-promises-free-health-care-to-all-illegal-immigrants-under-age-26/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Healthcare for all (Illegals) in California
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 12:00:42 AM »
I didn't even know Kommiefornya had a budget surplus. ???
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 07:35:12 AM »
It's OK. When they run out of the current crop of money, they'll just spend other peoples' money. Problem solved!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 09:21:22 AM »
I didn't even know Kommiefornya had a budget surplus. ???

Around a $15 billion discretionary fund and a $15 billion rainy day fund. That's about 1% of what the train will probably cost.  ;/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 09:51:58 AM »
Around a $15 billion discretionary fund and a $15 billion rainy day fund. That's about 1% of what the train will probably cost.  ;/
Doesn't California have a bunch of debt?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 10:10:25 AM »
Doesn't California have a bunch of debt?

Depending on who you ask and what you count (e.g., pension liabilities), anywhere between $200 billion and $1 trillion. All these numbers always seem to be practically random. You can visit 100 different websites and get 100 different sets of numbers.

The last thing Jerry Brown said before he left (and I have to give him credit for it) is that the surplus should be saved for emergencies and not used on new projects and harebrained schemes. He was very clear that state tax revenue will be going down drastically in the next few years. Newsom apparently let it go in one ear and out the other, and as Mike said, will just use "other people's money". Though those "other people" are beginning to say "no" in a number of different ways.

Plus all it will take is for one of the "tech giants" to say they've had enough and move a majority of their infrastructure to another state. They're all pretty commie-sympathetic, but at some point they'll have to fish or cut bait when the progressive state tax burden gets to be too much for them.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/sd-california-budget-surplus-pensions-20181115-story.html

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 12:18:28 PM »
. . . The last thing Jerry Brown said before he left (and I have to give him credit for it) is that the surplus should be saved for emergencies and not used on new projects and harebrained schemes. He was very clear that state tax revenue will be going down drastically in the next few years. Newsom apparently let it go in one ear and out the other, and as Mike said, will just use "other people's money" . . .
If he's thought about it at all, Newsom is probably assuming that a future democrat POTUS will be willing to help Kalifornia with a federal bailout.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 12:26:12 PM »
That’s the price society pays for arugula.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.