Author Topic: Dear doctor, please don't make anti-Semitic remarks on social media  (Read 1500 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/423410-ohio-doctor-who-said-she-would-give-jews-the-wrong-meds-fired

She might as well start looking for another medical job outside the US, because she is going to have a very hard time getting hired on at any facility here.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Dear doctor, please don't make anti-Semitic remarks on social media
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 12:27:17 PM »
I recall maybe a couple of years ago somebody posted here about another young doctor doing some stupid crap as well and getting it blasted all over the social media.

With what it costs to get a medical degree, and what something like that would do to your career, I'd have the most sanitized social media accounts around. Well, I'd have no social media accounts, just like now, but other people...
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 12:28:43 PM »
Good thing they have social media accounts :)
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 12:29:15 PM »
Couple of questions...

1. Why did this take so long to come to public attention?

2. Why aren't such statements grounds for an immediate review (and hopefully revocation) of her professional license status?

I suspect, though, that she'd have no problem getting a job in the Netherlands, as long as she agrees to change her stance from giving Jews the wrong medication to giving old people the wrong medication.

And why are the hot ones always so freaking insane?

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 12:34:17 PM »
Hmmmm. I wonder where the antisemitism comes from....

She also refers to Jews as Yahood, the Arabic word.   I'm going to go out on a limb as say that she is of Arabic descent...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 01:07:16 PM »
If social media is allowed to silence unapproved speech we’ll never know what we don’t know.

We need to protect diversity of speech and hear mult-cultural points of view.

It might save lives!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 01:29:40 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 01:27:35 PM »
Good thing they have social media accounts :)

Well, she was no "sleeper," that's for sure.

I would rather hear about it than not hear about it, as has been pointed out.

(And as Ben touched upon, I seem to recall a similar case a while ago.  Are they recycling old stories as if they happened recently, or is this another example?  The "dateline" is today, but you can put today's "dateline" on the Pearl Harbor attack, I suppose.)

Terry

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 01:29:46 PM »
Hmmmm. I wonder where the antisemitism comes from....

She also refers to Jews as Yahood, the Arabic word.   I'm going to go out on a limb as say that she is of Arabic descent...

From other reporting, her father immigrated from "Palestine" in the 80s. And claimed the Israelis had imprisoned him without cause.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 01:42:59 PM »
Couple of questions...

2. Why aren't such statements grounds for an immediate review (and hopefully revocation) of her professional license status?

Having done a couple of these cases, the provider still has a First Amendment right of free speech.  You can think or say whatever you want, but as long as it does not impact your professional obligations to patients, unpleasant or biased speech is generally not grounds for licensure sanctions.  However, many states have a 'moral turpitude' clause that can serve as a catch-all grounds for the state going after your license based upon certain types of behavior.

In this case, the provider was stupid enough to provide written evidence that her beliefs will, or have, impacted her professional judgement and obligation to treat patients without bias.  So if I were her, I would not be surprised to get a letter from the state medical board that issues her license, with notice of a complaint or licensure hearing.  

Speaking as the risk manager, I would also be firing her from my employment as well.  But you have broader grounds to discharge from employment than going after a professional license.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 02:14:20 PM »
Yet more proof that highly educated does not always equate to highly intelligent
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 02:25:48 PM »
"Having done a couple of these cases, the provider still has a First Amendment right of free speech."

Not disputing that.

I'm just wondering why direct threats against a group of individuals by someone who is in a position of authority through use of the power of that authority isn't grounds for revocation of the license. To me that's just a little bit different than a generic "I really hate Jews!"

OK, just saw that the Cleveland.com article has been updated to note that it's not a license to practice medicine but a training certificate.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 03:06:34 PM »
Having done a couple of these cases, the provider still has a First Amendment right of free speech.  You can think or say whatever you want, but as long as it does not impact your professional obligations to patients, unpleasant or biased speech is generally not grounds for licensure sanctions.  However, many states have a 'moral turpitude' clause that can serve as a catch-all grounds for the state going after your license based upon certain types of behavior.

In this case, the provider was stupid enough to provide written evidence that her beliefs will, or have, impacted her professional judgement and obligation to treat patients without bias.  So if I were her, I would not be surprised to get a letter from the state medical board that issues her license, with notice of a complaint or licensure hearing.  

Speaking as the risk manager, I would also be firing her from my employment as well.  But you have broader grounds to discharge from employment than going after a professional license.

She threatened to cause harm to her patients.  I would hope that they jerk her license(s) in every state.  She can go practice in "palestine"...

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 03:09:53 PM »
You're all thinking of Anjali Ramikissoon, 4th year Neuro resident who got drunk and flipped out on an Uber driver that wasn't hers.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/miami-doctor-berated-uber-driver-viral-video-fired-article-1.2611674
I promise not to duck.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2019, 03:18:03 PM »
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/423410-ohio-doctor-who-said-she-would-give-jews-the-wrong-meds-fired

She might as well start looking for another medical job outside the US, because she is going to have a very hard time getting hired on at any facility here.

She just has to look in the right spots, IHS and the VA come to mind right away. They are so hard up for docs they will take any and all comers, the IHS more so than the VA.  ;)

bob

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2019, 03:23:15 PM »
I'm sure Britain and NHS would love to have her... And they are welcome to her....

[ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15]

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 08:09:19 PM »
She just has to look in the right spots, IHS and the VA come to mind right away. They are so hard up for docs they will take any and all comers, the IHS more so than the VA.  ;)

bob

Actually, in my experience, the physician employer of last resort seems to be the state or Federal prison systems.  I know of a couple of physicians who had licenses restricted or sanctioned due to sexual relations with female patients; and they both ended up working in male prisons.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2019, 09:07:44 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Dear doctor, please don't make anti-Semitic remarks on social media
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When she's not practicing medicine, her hobbies include .... learning about other cultures .... and poisoning them

gawd, she's so pretty too.
I hate it when pretty girls are all genocidal and stuff

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

BobR

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 01:32:08 PM »
First year Resident, can barely be called a Doctor other than completing medical School. I don't think the Jews will have to worry about her treating them anytime soon, if at all. Good luck on finishing a residency, anywhere in the civilized world.

bob

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 01:58:44 PM »

You're saying she won't be hired anywhere, because the medical profession is controlled by - TEH JOOOOOOOS?!!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 07:26:40 AM »
She's now apologizing and saying that her comments were driven by visiting Israel and Palestine when she was a kid, but that she now keeps the Hippocratic Oath...

;/

https://www.timesofisrael.com/dismissed-ohio-medical-resident-sorry-for-vowing-to-give-wrong-meds-to-jews/

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 08:15:44 AM »
She's now apologizing and saying that her comments were driven by visiting Israel and Palestine when she was a kid, but that she now keeps the Hippocratic Oath...

;/

https://www.timesofisrael.com/dismissed-ohio-medical-resident-sorry-for-vowing-to-give-wrong-meds-to-jews/

And we should automatically believe that because ... why?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BobR

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 10:50:03 AM »
And we should automatically believe that because ... why?

Because she is all grown up now and has repented her adolescent ways, in fact it says the anti-Semitic posts only went to 2017. Why she has done a full year without calling for the extermination of the Jews. Sound good to me.  ;/

bob
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 11:06:54 AM by BobR »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2019, 12:22:00 PM »
Because she is all grown up now and has repented her adolescent ways, in fact it says the anti-Semitic posts only went to 2017. Why she has done a full year without calling for the extermination of the Jews. Sound good to me.  ;/

bob

Could you imagine how awful it would be if lefties started wrecking people's lives or careers over pre-2018 social media posts? It's a good thing they never do that.

With the way we now craft our morality by anathemizing whatever was socially acceptable 5 minutes ago, it would be especially bad.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife