Author Topic: Anti gun Chicago Alderman has to turn over 23 guns ...  (Read 694 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Anti gun Chicago Alderman has to turn over 23 guns ...
« on: January 08, 2019, 09:29:37 AM »
Alderman Burke is a big shot in Chicago. A real real big shot.

He knows where a lot of bodies are buried. He has been part of the Chicago machine for decades.

He took over as alderman in his district from his father, 50 years ago.

The Feds recently raided his office and have charged him with various corruption charges.

Turns out that this anti gun crusader owns 23 guns and if he wants to get out of jail on bond he has to turn them over.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/01/04/ald-ed-burke-guns-govnerment-building/

More background on him:

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/politics/chicago-alderman-ed-burke-charged-following-raids-503849391.html

Up until recently his law firm represented Trump regarding property taxes on Trump Tower in Chicago.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Anti gun Chicago Alderman has to turn over 23 guns ...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 10:09:14 AM »
HYPOCRITE!!!!!!! 

Someone had to say it. :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 10:13:57 AM »
That's Chicago. All of the big shoulders just shrug.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 04:34:37 PM »
I grew up in Chicago.

For the entire time I lived there, other than police, only ONE class of Chicago resident could obtain a Chicago concealed handgun license: Chicago aldermen.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 05:12:02 PM »
I wonder how many times he shot himself, or family members, with all those guns in the house.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 06:54:50 PM »
HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!  

Someone had to say it. :angel:
Guns for me, and not for thee.  Can't have all those poor people and minorities with guns, he would say if he was honest.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 02:57:29 PM »
Just to remind everyone, Handgun possession (and even *gasp* CCW) is LEGAL in Chicago.  You no longer have to register your guns (only to be denied).   Perhaps you've heard of it ??  McDonald v Chicago ended Chicago's ban on Handgun possession, then in 2014, Illinois passed a LTC law after losing at the US Appeals Court level, and they were afraid to go to the USSC simply because after Heller and McDonald, a ruling in the Illinois case would require every state in the nation to become "Shall Issue."   And the Anti's were terrified of that happening...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.