Author Topic: Neil deGrasse Tyson’s Sexual Misconduct Investigation  (Read 505 times)

Pb

• friend
Neil deGrasse Tyson’s Sexual Misconduct Investigation
« on: January 08, 2019, 10:46:33 AM »
His show is being put on hold due to four women accusing him of sexual "misconduct", ranging from absurdly trivial to rape.

No clue if he is guilty or not!    ???

So innocent until proven guilty.

I would like to say that one or two of the women are "accusing" him of stuff that appears to be nothing other than Tyson trying to hit on them.  

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/neil-degrasse-tyson-s-startalk-put-on-hold-pending-sexu-1831492746
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 02:38:38 PM by BTR »

Pb

• friend
Re: Neil deGrasse Tyson’s Sexual Misconduct Investigation
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 11:29:26 AM »
deleted
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 06:19:30 PM by BTR »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 11:40:50 AM »
I would like to say that one or two of the women are "accusing" him of stuff that appears to be nothing other than Tyson trying to hit on them. 

Sadly, this seems to be one of the primary criteria of the "me too" movement that again, is harming real sexual assault claims. Putting a bad date, a clumsy attempted kiss of a beginning dater, or a crappy opening line on the same level of stuff Weinstein did is a disservice to those who have faced real assault.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 02:41:08 PM »
Sadly, this seems to be one of the primary criteria of the "me too" movement that again, is harming real sexual assault claims. Putting a bad date, a clumsy attempted kiss of a beginning dater, or a crappy opening line on the same level of stuff Weinstein did is a disservice to those who have faced real assault.

And not just to women, but to the men also.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 07:28:07 PM »
I recently watched the movie "Bugsy Malone" starring Scott Baio and Jodie Foster, so I poked around to see what all those child actors were up to nowadays.

Of interest to this discussion:

Mr. Baio was accused of sexual misconduct:

On January 29, 2018, sexual misconduct allegations by Nicole Eggert resurfaced. She first made the allegations on the Nik Richie Radio show in 2013 and then repeated them on her Twitter account and Dr Oz Show. She claimed that the inappropriate relations started when she was 14 and that when she was 17, she had intercourse with him. Scott Baio has denied the allegations and called them complete lies. He said that he had had sexual relations with her only once, after she was 18, and provided evidence in the form of her own words to Nik Richie (that it happened "long after the show" finished filming, compared to the actual date production finished, which was 10 months after her 18th birthday).[26][27][28] He uploaded video of her which he says shows her changing her story between 2013 and 2018.[29]
See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Baio#Sexual_misconduct_allegations

So I now point out:

Baio is a registered Republican and has described his politics as conservative.[17] He campaigned for Ronald Reagan in his youth and attended Reagan's state funeral.[18][19] In 2004, he was quoted by the New York Daily News as saying "President Reagan made me feel proud to be an American. Today, I feel sadness."[20]

More recently, Baio endorsed Republican presidential candidates Mitt Romney in 2012[21] and Donald Trump in 2016. Also in 2016, he spoke at the opening night of the Republican National Convention.[22]

In an interview with Ashley Webster, Baio described President Barack Obama as being "either dumb, a Muslim, or a Muslim sympathizer, and I don't think he's dumb".[23]

On December 15, 2016, Baio accused Nancy Mack, wife of Chad Smith, drummer for Red Hot Chili Peppers, of physically assaulting him at their children's elementary school function. Baio claims Mack began berating and cursing him over his support of Trump and at one point attacked him, grabbing him under his arms and then shaking and pushing him. Mack said she was merely trying to show Baio how Trump hugs women and denies any intentional physical aggression.[24]
See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Baio#Political_views

I am withholding further comment; you may read it all for yourselves.

But if Mr. Baio ever runs for office or is appointed to a political position, I can expect the opposition to pull a full-bore Kavanaugh Ploy on him.

Accusations are cheap.
Defense is expensive.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 12:42:11 PM by 230RN »