Author Topic: Dear Doctor, please don't use fake credentials to get licensed and practice  (Read 440 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
https://www.statnews.com/2019/01/03/charles-akoda-obgyn-fraud-patients/

I am thinking that this guy and the Mid-east physician who doesn't like Jewish people could set up one hell of a clinic together.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
I read that article with growing shock, anger, and sadness.   Were I (or more accurately my wife) one of his victims, well...  let's just say that my thoughts wander rather far from the "polite" part of APS.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Sounds like he is prime VA material
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Wow. Sounds like this guy went to a lot of trouble to get where he was. It also makes you very leery of anyone in the medical community who hasn't been through a comprehensive background check, up to and including verification of education credentials from a legit domestic institution.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
MillCreek's posts on APS have me viewing my medical appointments with a lot more trepidation.

Ignorance was bliss.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
MillCreek's posts on APS have me viewing my medical appointments with a lot more trepidation.

Ignorance was bliss.

If you are just now getting there you are too late. Luckily I have always had a choice of good docs to see and recently I have been going to a Nurse Practioner Residency Clinic. They are graduated ARNPs but are getting another 18 months of training under a Physician before they are turned loose. I like that they do that, plus with an ARNP I can drive my care a little better. ;)

bob