Author Topic: Trump Declares Himself Dictator Tonight  (Read 1720 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Trump Declares Himself Dictator Tonight
« on: January 08, 2019, 08:37:13 PM »
This is where we are with the TDS:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/01/08/michael-moore-pretty-sure-trumps-oval-office-address-is-a-setup-for-a-coup/

I have my EDC all ready, along W/ AR 500,Riot bashing shield,two 26 inch batons,switch blade,fire arms & *expletive deleted*it tons of ammo

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
Re: Trump Declares Himself Dictator Tonight
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 08:59:19 PM »
As long as he declares Moore an enemy of the state and gives him a free helicopter ride..
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 09:30:35 PM »
Huh. So after the President spoke and we had the Democratic rebuttal, my wife and I turned to each other and asked what was the point of this?  Is it supposed to motivate the people to call Congress or the President and encourage them to negotiate and leave the respective entrenched positions?  Up here in the PNW, the majority of illegal aliens are people who arrive by plane on a student or tourist visa and overstay it.  Perhaps I would be more enthusiastic about a wall if I lived in the Southwest.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 11:56:51 PM »
 ......  Perhaps I would be more enthusiastic about a wall if I lived in the Southwest.

If they were running across your land at night .... if your wife came home and found illegals munching on her food in her kitchen after work ...if you got to listen to cartels shooting each other .... if drug mules were carting their stuff across your back lawn at 3 am every morning .....

..... yeah,  I guess you probably might be a tad bothered ..... [tinfoil] :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 12:22:30 AM »
Huh. So after the President spoke and we had the Democratic rebuttal, my wife and I turned to each other and asked what was the point of this?  Is it supposed to motivate the people to call Congress or the President and encourage them to negotiate and leave the respective entrenched positions?  Up here in the PNW, the majority of illegal aliens are people who arrive by plane on a student or tourist visa and overstay it.  Perhaps I would be more enthusiastic about a wall if I lived in the Southwest.

Not in the Portland Metro area and points south - yeah, there's a significant portion that are overstaying their visa, but there's also a *large* Hispanic population here working in agriculture (Christmas trees, hops, hazelnuts, etc.)...   Personal experience transporting folks out of Clackamas County showed anecdotally that a number of those working on the farm are here illegally.  Usually shows up when billing tries to track these folks down.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 12:44:17 AM »
My mother's first cousin had a house in Prescott, AZ, and a condo in Scottsdale. Pete died around 2006 or 2007. The first thing his widow did was sell the condo in Scottsdale. We asked her why.

"Too dangerous. I won't go there."

Yeah, the illegal alien population even a decade ago had reached epidemic proportions around Phoenix. Let's face it, Scottsdale isn't the low-rent district. It's far worse around Tucson and the counties that abut the border. The comments about coming home to find a bunch of illegals camped out in your kitchen are not fairy tales. Folks who live anywhere near the border in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas are living virtually under siege.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:16:14 AM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 09:38:41 AM »
My mother's first cousin had a house in Prescott, AZ, and a condo in Scottsdale. Pete died around 2006 or 2007. The first thing his widow did was sell the condo in Scottsdale. We asked her why.

"Too dangerous. I won't go there."

Yeah, the illegal alien population even a decade ago had reached epidemic proportions around Phoenix. Let's face it, Scottsdale isn't the low-rent district. It's far worse around Tucson and the counties that abut the border. The comments about coming home to find a bunch of illegals camped out in your kitchen are not fairy tales. Folks who live anywhere near the border in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas are living virtually under siege.

The Scottsdale condo is too dangerous?  I call BS on that.  I live in Mesa and work in Scottsdale.  There isn't a square foot in Scottsdale that's too dangerous for anything.  Everyone in Beverly Hills has a 2nd residence in Scottsdale or Cave Creek (just north of Scottsdale) or Paradise Valley (west of Scottsdale).  The "bad" part of Scottsdale is right next to ASU, and it's "bad" because it has a bunch of strip clubs and lingerie/bathing suit stores.

I lived in Walla Walla for High School and went to college in Tacoma (UPS).  Summers, I worked in the ag industry, alternating between driving a pea harvester combine and doing various jobs inside a cannery in Milton Freewater, OR.  There's a huge migrant labor force that follows seasonal ag work all the way from California to Canada and back down through Idaho and Utah.  I'd see the same people every summer for pea and strawberry harvests, but they moved on to potatoes in Idaho or started back over with lettuce in Yuma, never staying in town for more than maybe 2-3 months.  They worked hard (peak demand in the cannery would hit two 12 hour shifts at 7 days a week, giving an 84 hour work week) and got good money out of the lifestyle.  It paid anywhere from $7 to $15 an hour with overtime after 40 hours.  That was great money in 1995 to 2000.

I was the oddball though, being a white middle-upper class kid looking for work.  Even in Walla Walla, which is a huge wheat and pea and onion farm town, teen labor numbers are pretty low.  That food has to get harvested somehow, and the work is seasonal/rotational.  The migrant flow fits the labor demand.  You don't find many US citizens willing to follow the harvest labor cycle around the western US.

The wall is going to be either a boondoggle and a joke, or it's going to be massively detrimental to US agriculture.  Those are the only two options I can see.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 10:02:20 AM »
Boomers want cheap food at the expense of national sovereignty and cultural cohesion.

Borders, culture and language.

Remove any of the three and soon there is no country.

Trump is Sysiphus. This country mostly wants to self destruct and commit suicide. Trying to stop it is probably pointless.

Even those on the right have been programmed for self destruction.

There is no reason why you cannot have a wall and seasonal workers. I call bs.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 12:17:21 PM »
First they came for the commies, but I didn't care, because they are not people...
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 12:37:58 PM »
I, for one, welcome our new orange haired overlord...

Jesus, those people are *expletive deleted*ing idiots.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 12:59:49 PM »
The Scottsdale condo is too dangerous?  I call BS on that.  I live in Mesa and work in Scottsdale.  There isn't a square foot in Scottsdale that's too dangerous for anything.  Everyone in Beverly Hills has a 2nd residence in Scottsdale or Cave Creek (just north of Scottsdale) or Paradise Valley (west of Scottsdale).  The "bad" part of Scottsdale is right next to ASU, and it's "bad" because it has a bunch of strip clubs and lingerie/bathing suit stores.

I'm just reporting what I was told. Pete's brother lived in Cave Creek (he passed away a couple of years ago, his wife still lives there. She packs, so I don't think she's afraid of much.) Cousin in my generation lives in Gilbert -- she's married to a (legal) Mexican, so that may alter the equation somewhat. Pretty much all the rest of that branch of the family, which was completely centered around Scottsdale and Mesa, has bailed out.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 01:38:22 PM »
.... if your wife came home and found illegals munching on her food in her kitchen after work ...
I was talking to a sheriff's deputy several years ago who told me some guy in a remote part of West Texas (Maybe near Terlingua) had shot and killed a couple of dozen(!) illegals over a span of several decades who he'd found in his house doing just that. Deputy said that they'd finally found some grounds to prosecute him for something and were doing so at the time.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 01:55:12 PM »
I was talking to a sheriff's deputy several years ago who told me some guy in a remote part of West Texas (Maybe near Terlingua) had shot and killed a couple of dozen(!) illegals over a span of several decades who he'd found in his house doing just that. Deputy said that they'd finally found some grounds to prosecute him for something and were doing so at the time.

Talk about shoot, shovel and shut up!

The wall is a superior idea than governmental negligence in enforcement putting citizen home/landowners into no win situations.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 02:25:06 PM »
I was the oddball though, being a white middle-upper class kid looking for work.  Even in Walla Walla, which is a huge wheat and pea and onion farm town, teen labor numbers are pretty low.  That food has to get harvested somehow, and the work is seasonal/rotational.  The migrant flow fits the labor demand.  You don't find many US citizens willing to follow the harvest labor cycle around the western US.
I did agricultural work in the midwest as a teenager in the summers of the mid to late '90s - at first because that was the only legal work I could do at 14.  I'd spend a two months straight living with relatives closer to the job and working every weekday and sometimes on the weekend too.

It seems that it is cruel child labor for a 14 year old to stock shelves in an air conditioned supermarket, but it's totally okay to send a bunch of them across a corn field in the heat of the day with 4 foot long roguing hooks.  Makes sense to me.

There were a few Hispanic kids who worked with us but it was mostly rural white kids.  Never occurred to me that they might be illegal, but I suppose they could have been.  All had good English and worked hard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2019, 03:53:53 PM »
Looks like Trump just now got up and left the room when Pelosi wouldn't budge on negotiations. Since they mentioned Pelosi specifically, I'm wondering if Schumer (who was also in the meeting) is looking to negotiate a little. After all, we have a quote of him saying we need a wall. :)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-walks-out-of-meeting-after-speaker-pelosi-rejects-border-wall
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 04:14:16 PM »
So why do the migrant farm workers have to be illegal/undocumented in order for the US agriculture sector to survive?
Seems to me if the business model demands illegal immigrant labor there is a serious flaw in the model.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 04:17:14 PM »
Looks like Trump just now got up and left the room when Pelosi wouldn't budge on negotiations. Since they mentioned Pelosi specifically, I'm wondering if Schumer (who was also in the meeting) is looking to negotiate a little. After all, we have a quote of him saying we need a wall. :)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-walks-out-of-meeting-after-speaker-pelosi-rejects-border-wall

You beat me to it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/09/trump-calls-meeting-with-chuck-schumer-and-nancy-pelosi-a-total-waste-of-time-after-he-storms-out.html

Immediately after reading this, I wrote to the President to thank him, and I also wrote to McConnell to tell him to keep his troops in line.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 04:37:10 PM »
It appears Trump was indeed open to negotiation, and didn't say "a wall and only a wall". He was apparently asking about a package:

“I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!” Trump tweeted.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2019, 10:25:18 PM »
dictator Trump, great!
its a good thing the liberal left disarmed, i wonder if the maga death camp is hiring?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2019, 07:17:54 AM »
Weepy Chucky lying?

Unpossible!

He'd have to have told the truth once in his life to establish a formal baseline, and that has never, ever happened.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2019, 10:07:28 AM »

Why in the %&^& did Trump not insist on funding for the wall when the Republicans held the House!!!!   :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: 

At least then it might have had a chance!

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2019, 10:36:49 AM »
Why in the %&^& did Trump not insist on funding for the wall when the Republicans held the House!!!!   :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: 

I suspect it's because even then the numbers weren't there and the weakness/infighting would have looked bad.
This way he can blame it all on the Dems while Republicans in congress try to stay out of the crossfire.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2019, 10:50:31 AM »

Because despite his bloviating, there is no political will for the wall even amongst the GOP.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”