Author Topic: And while everyone is watching the standoff over The Wall...  (Read 1368 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
And while everyone is watching the standoff over The Wall...
« on: January 10, 2019, 06:34:46 PM »
Our favorite Senator from California introduced an AWB...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/01/10/feinstein-and-friends-quietly-introduce-a-major-gun-control-bill-during-the-shutd-n2538811%3famp=true

So this one names over 200 specific firearms, and such specific banned features as adjustable stocks,  the "pistol brace" stocks, pistols that weigh more than 50 ounces (the pistol versions of your favorite semi auto rifles), and the usual EBR features.  It includes a ban on mags of more than 10 rounds.  It also prohibits the transfer of any grandfathered firearms that fall under the ban.

Think she's trying to slip this thing through when everyone is busy watching the shutdown...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: And while everyone is watching the standoff over The Wall...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 07:47:52 PM »
Pandering to her base more than anything. Not a chance in hell it would get through the senate.

I hope.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 07:51:18 PM »
Pandering to her base more than anything. Not a chance in hell it would get through the senate.

I hope.

My worry is that it becomes a bargaining chip for border security and the wall.  I bet a lot of Dems would trade a wall for a gun control win, and Trump hasn't shown himself to be a champion of 2A rights.  Bet he would trade an AWB for a victory on the wall.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 07:53:01 PM »
That would cost him any chance at a win in 2020.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 07:53:33 PM »
The same bill she dusts off and trots out at the beginning of every new session of Congress.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 08:37:12 PM »
+1 to the last two posts.

She brings this out like clockwork.

Trump may not be the friend to the 2nd he made himself out to be while running (none of them ever are), but signing it would end his presidential career. There's no way this senate would pass it, but even if they did, it wouldn't get past his desk. He has already lost a chunk of the base that voted for him. I don't think he gained enough new voters to blow off gun owners/voters, at least on something as big as an EBR ban.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 08:40:59 PM »
Yeah winning on the wall but giving up gun rights is a giant *expletive deleted*ck off to his base. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 10:23:58 AM »
Going nowhere anytime soon.

But buy all the guns you want before the democrats get congress and the presidency again.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 06:22:56 PM »

But buy all the guns you want before the democrats get congress and the presidency again.

Yeah, right.  As if I could ever have enough money to do that.  =)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 06:48:15 PM »
I wonder if the "pistols weighing more than 50 ounces" applies to revolvers?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 08:34:24 PM »

Dunno, but it definitely applies to the Desert Eagle. Even the .357 variant is 62 ounces.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 10:39:07 PM »

Well, seeing this as more of a blueprint for future legislation than a legit threat now, gotta admit that I'm rethinking a planned purchase (a mid-cost 1911), and considering a Walther PPQ as the home defense pistol I've been thinking about (17 round mags, night sights, and tac light) and spending the left over cash on mags for my Glock 19.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 11:07:02 PM »

I was wondering that too.  My 7.5" Ruger Bisley-Blackhawk is about 3 pounds, but I'm not sure if it's a little over or under.  Probably under 50 oz (barely) when it's unloaded.
"It's good, though..."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 06:13:00 AM »
Well, seeing this as more of a blueprint for future legislation than a legit threat now, gotta admit that I'm rethinking a planned purchase (a mid-cost 1911), and considering a Walther PPQ as the home defense pistol I've been thinking about (17 round mags, night sights, and tac light) and spending the left over cash on mags for my Glock 19.

Definitely a good time to forgo buying 7rd guns and get ones on a list. Rock bottom prices now, wish I had money to invest. Lowers, AR Pmags, Glock Pmags(they're good) etc. And oh yeah, .22 :)
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 01:42:48 PM »

How long will it be before we see light weight AR pistols?   [ar15] 

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 06:12:38 PM »
How long will it be before we see light weight AR pistols?   [ar15] 

About 20 years ago.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth