Armed Polite Society
September 25, 2020, 06:21:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: R.I.P. Scout26

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese Consulate in Houston Ordered Shut  (Read 369 times)
Ben
Administrator

« on: July 22, 2020, 04:44:14 AM »

The US has ordered the Chinese consulate in Houston to shut down due to espionage activities. No doubt there is plenty of evidence of that. My question is, do the Chinese not own document destruction devices? Fire is so Cold War.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-threatens-retaliation-after-it-says-us-ordered-it-to-close-houston-consulate
Report to moderator   Logged

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."
Jim147
friends

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 05:08:24 AM »

Got to keep the slaves working on something.

Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG
Hawkmoon
friend

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 01:13:14 PM »

What a joke.

The U.S. "will not tolerate the PRCís violations of our sovereignty and intimidation of our people, just as we have not tolerated the PRCís unfair trade practices, theft of American jobs, and other egregious behavior," she added. "President Trump insists on fairness and reciprocity in U.S.-China relations."

The United States hasn't done diddly squat in response to years -- if not decades -- of China stealing American technology and flooding our markets with cheap knock-offs made by slave labor.

I would like to know what the "intimidation of our people" refers to.
MechAg94
friend

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 04:39:19 PM »

US orders China to close Houston consulate; employees there respond by burning documents
https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/chinese-consulate-houston-eviction-notice-fire-reported/285-b9902c83-09af-4bc3-92e0-9b98d0f4065c

This was talked about on the radio this morning. 

ďIt is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.Ē  ― Calvin Coolidge
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: