Author Topic: I can't HEAR you!  (Read 980 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
I can't HEAR you!
« on: January 11, 2019, 09:33:35 AM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/424876-san-diego-tv-station-cnn-declined-our-local-view-because-of-reports-on-wall

CNN asked a San Diego station for a report on the border wall -- then didn't want to know anything when the report suggested that the wall is effective. So much for unbiased reporting.

"Thursday morning, CNN called the KUSI Newsroom asking if one of our reporters could give them a local view of the debate surrounding the border wall and government shutdown," a report by KUSI, an independent station in San Diego that began airing in 1982, begins.

"We believe CNN declined a report from KUSI because we informed them that most Border Patrol Agents we have spoken to told us the barrier does in fact work," it concludes. "We have continuously been told by Border Patrol Agents that the barrier along the Southern border helps prevent illegal entries, drugs, and weapons from entering the United States, and the numbers prove it."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: I can't HEAR you!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 02:40:04 PM »
Of course. Selective reporting is at least as much a factor in media bias as misleading or opinionated reporting.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 02:44:43 PM »
Of course. Selective reporting is at least as much a factor in media bias as misleading or opinionated reporting.

I would argue it is the largest factor.

Yes, they are biased in HOW they report items, but the bias appears far more in what they choose to report. (And how prominent they make the report.)

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 04:10:25 PM »
What is the story with that photo?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 04:23:34 PM »

If you remove the image tags, it becomes:

http://media.breitbart.com/media/cdn/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Journalism/2013/04/12/Gosnellmediaseating.jpg
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 05:54:51 PM »

That was the section of the courtroom reserved for the media during the Kermit Gosnell trial....

What ?!!?!  You never heard of it ?!?!?  It was all over the.....ummmmmmm......alternative right wing media...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 06:36:50 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 11:31:44 PM »
The photo proved mak's point, and the questions about the photo proved it all over again.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife