Author Topic: Eagles  (Read 985 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Eagles
« on: January 14, 2019, 10:12:50 PM »
Nick Foles couldn't work his magic two years in succession. The Eagles lost to the saints on Sunday.

I feel sorry for Nick Foles. He's a great quarterback who, except for quirks of timing, probably could (and probably should) be a "franchise" quarterback somewhere. Instead, he's the backup for the eagles, and next year he may be a free agent.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Eagles
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 10:18:58 AM »
Go sportball?

Nah.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 10:44:46 AM »
The Eagles will not have a reunion tour.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 10:59:16 AM »
'Merica

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

CypherNinja

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 12:45:43 PM »
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 02:23:55 PM »
I almost miss watching football. I grew up watching it every Sunday with my mom. It was a great family pastime.

But Sunday is "Documentary Day" at our house (by my own decree). So we can't be watching the foosball. (Also, football seems to prefer a "woke" audience, so I'm more than happy to give them what they want.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 02:42:45 PM »
Nick Foles couldn't work his magic two years in succession. The Eagles lost to the saints on Sunday.

I feel sorry for Nick Foles. He's a great quarterback who, except for quirks of timing, probably could (and probably should) be a "franchise" quarterback somewhere. Instead, he's the backup for the eagles, and next year he may be a free agent.

I bet that he's the starter next year and Wentz is out.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 03:18:25 PM »
I bet that he's the starter next year and Wentz is out.

That's an interesting thought. Wentz certainly hasn't proven himself to be very durable.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design