Author Topic: Fast food at the Whitehouse?  (Read 1044 times)

zahc

• friend
Re: Fast food at the Whitehouse?
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2019, 12:38:57 AM »
I have been a little bit down on Trump recently but reading about this seriously redeemed him for me. Not necessarily all of his policies but his person at least. I really can relate 100 percent with this. The thought process behind buying this food is so simple and so "main street" that truly, the coastal elites cannot figure it out, just as they cannot figure Trump out in any other aspect. If I ever meet him I think I could truly shake his hand sincerely not as an approval of any of his policies or any appreciation for his (mis)(dis) qualifications, but because he and I are both Americans together more so than I and any other president were Americans together.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Fast food at the Whitehouse?
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2019, 09:06:42 AM »
Bethany Mandel, no fan of Trump, had a good take on this.

https://ricochet.com/588666/a-fast-food-feast-at-the-white-house/

Also, I just now learned that the reason for the MacDaddy's spread was the shut-down leaving the White House short-staffed.

Some "yay sports' figure said he wanted to take the team out for "lobster and caviar" to make up for "what Trump did to them." To run with Mandel's theme, there would have been a week of 24/7 MSM outrage if Trump (with his own dough) treated them to that. Second point: Trump's food choices were closer to what college kids eat than caviar.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."