Author Topic: The decline of China: a smaller and aging population  (Read 536 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
The decline of China: a smaller and aging population
« on: January 17, 2019, 10:13:15 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/01/17/world/asia/china-population-crisis.html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage

For decades, there was concern with overpopulation in China.  Now the demographics are telling a different story: the population is not growing at a replacement rate and there will be an increasingly older population with fewer young workers to support them.  I wonder what implications this is going to have for the world economy and China's military ambitions.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: The decline of China: a smaller and aging population
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 10:25:35 AM »
Maybe China should augment its population by taking in some refugees from Somalia, Libya, and Yemen.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Re: The decline of China: a smaller and aging population
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 11:15:16 AM »
Maybe China should augment its population by taking in some refugees from Somalia, Libya, and Yemen.
You beat me to it. If the economy is for the people then fewer people isn't an insurmountable problem. If the people are there to serve the economy then massive immigration is the elites answer.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 11:52:37 AM »
^^^Because of the same demographic issue, Japan is re-thinking their famously strict immigration policy.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 12:40:56 PM »
^^^Because of the same demographic issue, Japan is re-thinking their famously strict immigration policy.

The last I read was Japan is being encouraged to rethink their strict immigration policy and they aren’t all that interested.

Japan and China have observed the west’s multicultural flusterlcuck and haven’t shown much interest in following our lead.

They will leave the cultural demolition and accelerated demographic suicide to us.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 04:30:17 PM »
The last I read was Japan is being encouraged to rethink their strict immigration policy and they aren’t all that interested.

Japan and China have observed the west’s multicultural flusterlcuck and haven’t shown much interest in following our lead.

They will leave the cultural demolition and accelerated demographic suicide to us.

Gee, that almost makes it sound like they're smarter than us.

And almost like xenophobia is a survival trait.

Nahhhhh.  Imposserous.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:17:04 AM by 230RN »

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 06:31:17 PM »
I don't really feel all that bad for them. This is what happens when you use government to try to control the population, and in this case, I mean that literally.

So in the end, that whole one child policy went disastrously wrong on so many levels. Let me find my shocked face.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 07:46:55 PM »
Japan's leadership in industrial robotics is at least partly due to its need to overcome a worsening shortage of working age citizens.  Also, I'm pretty sure I have seen articles saying they want to develop specialized robots to help with eldercare.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 10:25:28 AM »
They should definitely do this.