Author Topic: H.R. 1: Democrats Act to Strip State Powers Over Elections  (Read 581 times)

MechAg94

• friend
H.R. 1: Democrats Act to Strip State Powers Over Elections
« on: January 18, 2019, 08:50:07 AM »
https://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/h-r-1-democrats-act-to-strip-state-powers-over-elections/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The bill is a 571-page dreamscape of wild wishes and federal mandates on states. The Constitution decentralizes power over American elections and puts states in charge. H.R. 1 would undo that
H.R. 1 has 218 cosponsors. It forces states to implement mandatory voter registration. If someone is on a government list -- such as receiving welfare benefits or rental subsidies -- then they would be automatically registered to vote. Few states have enacted these systems because Americans still view civic participation as a voluntary choice. Moreover, aggregated government lists always contain duplicates and errors that states, even without mandatory voter registration, frequently fail to catch and fix.
The link has a long list of things in the bill.  Sounds to me like someone is trying to engineer election fraud nationwide. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: H.R. 1: Democrats Act to Strip State Powers Over Elections
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 11:35:14 AM »
571 pages.

Do we have to pass it to find out what's in it?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 12:07:29 PM »
They're trying to overturn the Constitution by passing a law?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh, hell, let 'em.   We don't need no stinkin' Constitution!!!!! :facepalm:

MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 04:11:55 PM »
Um, in the Before Time, wasn't Brown Man Good Barack Obama patiently explaining to us that the decentralized election process makes it impossible to steal the election?

Or was I thinking of someone else?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 04:37:38 PM »
Um, in the Before Time, wasn't Brown Man Good Barack Obama patiently explaining to us that the decentralized election process makes it impossible to steal the election?

Or was I thinking of someone else?  ???
They are trying to test if that is true.  Its Science!
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge