Author Topic: On Those Catholic Kids That "Attacked" the Native Americans  (Read 31275 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
On Those Catholic Kids That "Attacked" the Native Americans
« on: January 20, 2019, 09:10:20 AM »
An excellent example of why you wait till you have all the facts:

Yesterday some of you may have seen news on the "incident" in DC where some Catholic school kids in MAGA hats were taunting a native American who was minding his own business. Even the "conservative" news sites ran those kids through the ringer. From what I read, I thought they were jerks who needed to be expelled.

Twitchy (who also attacked the kids yesterday) now has a link up with what actually happened. The kids were minding their own business doing their school chant (not "build the wall") when the Indians walked into the middle of them beating drums. The MAGA hat kid didn't say a word. He just stood there with a "what do I do?" hesitant smile on his face while the old guy (with a long activist history) got in the kid's face, not the other way around.

Also, scroll down to the video of the "African Israelites", who were attacking both the Indians and the white kids using foul, racist language. Nobody reported on that. The MSM basically accused the kids of doing what the "African Israelites" actually did.

This has been a big weekend for "fake news". While I figured there was more to the Buzzfeed thing (because sucky Buzzfeed), I fell for this attack on the Catholic kids. Had there not been "alternative news" reporting and Twitter actually being used for good by showing unedited video, I would have been part of the tar and feather mob running these kids out of town.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/01/20/more-media-lies-looks-like-theres-a-whole-lot-more-to-story-about-catholic-students-harassing-native-american-protester/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: On Those Catholic Kids That "Attacked" the Native Americans
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 09:18:40 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 09:25:37 AM »

Is Twitchy now the beacon for unbiased news?

No, but unedited video is.

Also from your linked article:

Videos circulating online show a youth staring at and standing extremely close to Nathan Phillips, a 64-year-old Native American man singing and playing a drum.

That makes it sound like the kid got in the indian's face. It was the other way around. The kid was standing there and the Indian walked right up to him. So the kid is guilty for not cowering, bowing his head, and stepping away?

Certainly the AP is not unbiased.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 09:50:55 AM »
Guilty until proven innocent!

Two weeks from now a correction will be published/buried and all anyone will remember is YOUNG WHITE MALE CHRISTIAN RACISTS MAKE MINORITY MAN CRY!!!

Any stirring of, or advocacy of heritage culture by any Caucasians will be condemned as insensitive and racist.

We joke about “Orange man bad” but more and more the reality of the media narrative is “White man bad”.

It’s almost like they are trying to provoke conflict ...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 10:52:58 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 12:29:18 PM »
It’s almost like they are trying to provoke conflict ...

What makes you think they're not?
"It's good, though..."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 04:36:54 PM »
Bwahahah....  We have such sights to show you.

Behold,  the Black Israelites

https://youtu.be/wPLP8B5G3-I
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 06:26:08 PM »
Bwahahah....  We have such sights to show you.

Behold,  the Black Israelites

https://youtu.be/wPLP8B5G3-I
The whole Black Israelites thing is a new one on me.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 06:40:25 PM »
The whole Black Israelites thing is a new one on me.

The Egyptians who built the pyramids were black and it has been discovered recently that Britain’s first inhabitants were black.

At least that is what they say   ;/

« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 07:17:33 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 08:01:37 PM »
The Egyptians who built the pyramids were black and it has been discovered recently that Britain’s first inhabitants were black.

Along with every famous person who ever lived apparently. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 09:41:46 PM »

Cleopatra was black, too . . . the records that claim she was Greek - specifically, Macedonian Greek - are all forgeries made by white supremacists some 2000 years ago.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 10:17:15 PM »
Just as cooked as the most recent Buzzfeed horseshit. 

Nothing would make me happier than seeing two Hulk Hogan-esque lawsuits.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 11:34:47 PM »
Media starting to back away from the phony bologna narrative.

https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/20/covington-catholic-nathan-phillips-video

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 12:10:13 AM »
the black isrealites/hebrews have been around for awhile.
they're such a pain in the neck even our traditional enemies know the truth.
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2012/06/12/leader-black-hebrew-sect-pleads-guilty-killing-4-year-old
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2019, 12:57:35 AM »
I always thought the Black Hebrews were just trolls trying to convince white-guilted trust fund kids to kiss their shoes for yootoob ratings.  >:D

Reminds me of the whack job stuff one of my coworkers is involved in, called Moorish Americans, which is a slightly kookier black version of white separatist sovereign citizens. He’ll end up in jail yet for tax evasion.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2019, 01:59:59 AM »
Media starting to back away from the phony bologna narrative.

https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/20/covington-catholic-nathan-phillips-video

It’s too late. Will be hearing about this as an example of Orange Man Bad, Catholics Bad(this one at moments I agree with, but more with Catholic leadership and not related to this incident), white racism, etc. for the rest of time. All those who saw this as a blurb on the evening news will never hear a correction. Those who posted it to sites like Facebook will never post a correction. CNN was still running with the original story at least a few hours ago.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2019, 07:58:56 AM »
Also from what I’ve seen from where news sites that have posted corrections, people who are heavily invested in their hatred aren’t changing their minds after seeing the corrections/retractions by news sources.

Barack Obama

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2019, 09:04:13 AM »
Also from what I’ve seen from where news sites that have posted corrections, people who are heavily invested in their hatred aren’t changing their minds after seeing the corrections/retractions by news sources.
I believe the proper libshit term is "we started a conversation".
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2019, 09:16:03 AM »

:laugh:  Too true.

Some of what those black He-brothers were saying sounds similar to the Nation of Islam alternative history bosh. They believe the biblical Jacob was a black scientist/wizard, who created the mongrel race of Jews and/or whites.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 09:34:12 AM »
CBS expanded on the story this morning, but also gave an interview with Drum Man that allowed him to put his (significant) spin on the event, without a rebuttal.

:facepalm:
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2019, 09:41:04 AM »

Indeed. And I will actually apply that across the political spectrum, at least on the social media. This is another good point as to why I think the Twitters and Facebooks have become more evil than good. People threw their hate on these kids based on false information, and they did so on platforms where thousands or hundreds of thousands of people saw it.

They threw out a strong opinion on something that turned out to be mostly false - opinions that "everybody" saw. Now they (because human nature) have to somehow defend themselves from looking wrong in front of all those people, because sincere apologies are too hard. It's easier to apologize and "look like a fool" on APS ( I have done this at least a few times here  :laugh: ) in front of dozens, than to do so on a platform where "everybody" sees that you were wrong.

Had this not been "immediate news" thanks to an edited social media video, you wouldn't have all these people covering their tracks. Of course I care less about these people trying to save face than I do about the death threats that are now pouring in for the one kid and his family.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2019, 09:47:09 AM »
Just another reason why I find myself tuning into old episodes of Welcome to Nightvale, instead of listening to the "real" news.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2019, 09:51:43 AM »
The propaganda used to be subtle, a gentle “spin” on the facts. Framing the narrative to allow alternative interpretations of events without overtly taking a side.

Now, they just lie to our faces, ignoring reality, telling us the exact opposite of reality.

All corporate mass media production is lies, always has been. It’s just more overt now.

Even the rights so called allies in media have their own agendas.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2019, 09:54:06 AM »

Barack Obama

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2019, 09:56:18 AM »
The only way for these kids to clear their name is going to be a massive libel lawsuit after the dust settles.  I'm not sure exactly against whom; there are so many targets. 
"It's good, though..."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2019, 09:57:47 AM »
We are living in two separate perceptions of reality.

The drummer guy probably actually believes his story.

Without the video his testimony would have been unimpeachable.

Even with video the left still sees something other than what the raw video(s) shows.