Author Topic: On Those Catholic Kids That "Attacked" the Native Americans  (Read 31273 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: On Those Catholic Kids That "Attacked" the Native Americans
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2019, 11:49:34 AM »
You know the left has really changed in this country when you find its denizens glorifying America’s role in the Vietnam War and lionizing the social attitudes of the corporate monolith Procter & Gamble.

The left isn't glorifying America's role in the VN war, far from it, they've realized they can use the fact that vets get a certain amount of extra respect in this country and are considered more honorable beyond reproach by some. In other words he can't be lying, he's a noble veteran or something like that. But they can and will flip it around in an instant, if he was a MAGA hat wearing Republican I would bet you good money he would have been made out as a baby killer in "Nixon's war for profit" and thus is obviously lying.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 05:49:56 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2019, 05:45:47 PM »
How The MAGA Hat Covington Catholic Students Native American Incident Truly Started! Full Video!
https://youtu.be/X4MC--CZoOM
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2019, 10:18:13 AM »

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2019, 10:51:11 AM »
^^^That facial expression guide was hilarious.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2019, 12:51:31 PM »
^^^That facial expression guide was hilarious.
Agreed. 

And after considering the other one, I think I may be due compensation.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2019, 07:01:04 PM »
Latest on the kids getting lawyers. One attorney is working pro bono. In general I'm not big on lawsuits, but I'm guessing these kids need some protection if they want to get into college. Plus I'd really like to see Ana Navarro and Kathy Griffin have to write a check.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/01/26/nicholas-sandmanns-family-hires-defamation-lawyer-who-represented-jonbenet-ramseys-family/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2019, 08:44:39 AM »
It would appear now that as far as the MSM is concerned this story never existed.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2019, 08:54:38 AM »
It would appear now that as far as the MSM is concerned this story never existed.

Which is exactly how the media operates.

They are toddlers. COMPLETELY excited about the new shiny thing, and then two minutes later are obsessed with the NEWER shiny thing and the old shiny thing is completely forgotten.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2019, 09:07:53 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2019, 09:08:32 AM »
Which is exactly how the media operates.

They are toddlers. COMPLETELY excited about the new shiny thing, and then two minutes later are obsessed with the NEWER shiny thing and the old shiny thing is completely forgotten.

Especially true when it turns out their original reporting was wrong ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2019, 09:10:34 AM »
I think it's more like when they realize you aren't being fooled.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2019, 07:29:36 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2019, 08:20:13 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2019, 03:36:50 PM »
Still the kid's, and Trump's, fault
Think I lost a few IQ points listening to that.

https://twitter.com/mattdizwhitlock/status/1091364275468333057
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2019, 01:06:28 PM »
While the MSM seems to be letting this drop down in the news, this 15 minute video is absolutely worth watching all the way through:

https://youtu.be/lSkpPaiUF8s
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2019, 01:09:51 PM »
Did the bureaucrats at the school ever apologize to the kids for throwing them under the bus without hearing their side of it?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #141 on: February 04, 2019, 05:36:45 PM »
While the MSM seems to be letting this drop down in the news, this 15 minute video is absolutely worth watching all the way through:

https://youtu.be/lSkpPaiUF8s

Never let the truth interfere with the narrative ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2019, 10:11:11 PM »
Never let the truth interfere with the narrative ...

i just watched half of it, looks awesome!
a young lady i know sent it to me while admitting she was wrong!!
 =D
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2019, 12:24:25 AM »
Did the bureaucrats at the school ever apologize to the kids for throwing them under the bus without hearing their side of it?

Eventually the bishop apologized.

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/covington-bishop-apologizes-to-covington-catholic-students-95095

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/the-evolving-response-of-the-church-in-kentucky-to-covington-catholic-incident-36473

One wonders how sincere the apology is since it only was made after a lawsuit was looming . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2019, 10:23:58 AM »

One wonders how sincere the apology is since it only was made after a lawsuit was looming . . .

I don't wonder very hard.   ;/

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2019, 11:35:27 AM »

It may be a sincere apology, but he has revealed he's no Pastor.

A Pastor would be concerned for HIS PEOPLE first, and the greater society second. Pastors (Bishops, too) are called to watch over the people of their "flock". Not the society as a whole. They should care especially about those who they(supposedly) have charge for the spiritual growth as young people.

What did he do? He responded to the concerns of those who hate his people. And agreed with them that "his people" were the problem.

He, thereby, revealed that those under his charge are not really "his people."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2019, 12:24:25 PM »
Sometimes at apology at gunpoint is the most satisfying kind, even tho' it's not sincere.  (perhaps because it's not sincere) 

I agree with Mak that the bishop not fit to be an overseer
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2019, 01:12:29 PM »
It may be a sincere apology, but he has revealed he's no Pastor.

A Pastor would be concerned for HIS PEOPLE first, and the greater society second. Pastors (Bishops, too) are called to watch over the people of their "flock". Not the society as a whole. They should care especially about those who they(supposedly) have charge for the spiritual growth as young people.

What did he do? He responded to the concerns of those who hate his people. And agreed with them that "his people" were the problem.

He, thereby, revealed that those under his charge are not really "his people."
I read your post . . . then I read it twice . . . then I read it thrice.

I found nothing to disagree with.