Author Topic: On Those Catholic Kids That "Attacked" the Native Americans  (Read 31265 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: On Those Catholic Kids That "Attacked" the Native Americans
« Reply #175 on: October 29, 2019, 01:21:13 PM »
If I read it right, by the same judge who first denied it. Interesting.

Correct. But he has narrowed the scope of the complaint from 33 statements to just three.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #176 on: October 29, 2019, 02:42:35 PM »
Correct. But he has narrowed the scope of the complaint from 33 statements to just three.

And that's for now. I'm fairly certain that will come up in appeal, should the Post be so unwise as to allow this to proceed to discovery.

Just what do you think the "journalists" at the Post (and CNN, and NBC, and....) were saying about the high schoolers in private emails and messages?

IF they are smart, after fighting discovery tooth and nail (which they will), they will fold like cheap suits.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #177 on: October 29, 2019, 08:21:09 PM »
If I read it right, by the same judge who first denied it. Interesting.
Why would the judge reconsider his decision?  Did an appeals court force that?  I am kinda curious about that.

As far as comparisons go, I did see some people point out that this teenager and Greta are the same age.  The leftists were horrified that anyone would question or disagree with Greta on Climate Change, but many of them talked about slugging this teenager in the face. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #178 on: October 29, 2019, 08:34:48 PM »
One of these days the stupid *expletive deleted*ing SJW libtards are gonna get someone killed with their bullshit. There needs to be repercussions from this kind of electronic lynching. If the courts can't or wont provide it then eventually people will deal with it themselves.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #179 on: October 29, 2019, 08:56:38 PM »
One of the lawyers was on Fox this morning and stated they had convinced the judge to watch some of the unedited videos and he overruled himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #180 on: October 29, 2019, 10:14:58 PM »
What we have here is another failure of the English language. The Native American phony veteran claims he was blocked from "retreating." "Retreat" means to reverse direction and leave using the same route by which you entered. It's impossible for someone who is standing in front of you to prevent you from "retreating."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2019, 10:02:35 PM »
One of the lawyers was on Fox this morning and stated they had convinced the judge to watch some of the unedited videos and he overruled himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How the hell did the judge make his original ruling without actually reviewing the evidence?  Was none of that provided? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #182 on: October 30, 2019, 10:12:25 PM »
How the hell did the judge make his original ruling without actually reviewing the evidence?  Was none of that provided? 

He was a Carter appointee. That's how.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #183 on: November 20, 2019, 12:11:51 AM »
I Have an old friend with boys in high school, she was just regurgitating the liberal hordes - virtue signalling about native americans
( which, living in Ireland, she knows nothing about )
when i sent her a clip of the uncut vid, it actually changed her mind
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #184 on: November 20, 2019, 01:07:49 PM »
A Kentucky judge has dropped presidential candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D.-Mass., from a libel lawsuit filed by eight Covington Catholic High School students on grounds of sovereign immunity.
I didn't even know Warren was being sued.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #185 on: November 20, 2019, 01:38:44 PM »
A Kentucky judge has dropped presidential candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D.-Mass., from a libel lawsuit filed by eight Covington Catholic High School students on grounds of sovereign immunity.
I didn't even know Warren was being sued.
Unless what Sen. Warren said was actually said by her on the floor of the senate while it was in session, there should be no immunity.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2019, 04:22:50 PM »
Looks like the $275 million suit against NBC will be proceeding to discovery:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/covington-catholic-teen-nbc-suit-judge
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #187 on: January 07, 2020, 06:37:31 PM »
https://www.fox19.com/2020/01/07/cnn-settles-lawsuit-with-nick-sandmann/
CNN settles lawsuit with Nick Sandmann

COVINGTON, Ky. (FOX19) - CNN agreed Tuesday to settle a lawsuit with Covington Catholic student Nick Sandmann.

The amount of the settlement was not made public during a hearing at the federal courthouse in Covington, Kentucky.

Sandmann’s lawsuit sought $800 million from CNN, the Washington Post and NBC Universal.

Trial dates are still not set for Sandmann’s lawsuit against NBC Universal and the Washington Post.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #188 on: January 07, 2020, 07:00:31 PM »
^^^ Hopefully he gets a really high percentage of the amount sought.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2020, 08:32:16 PM »
^^^ Hopefully he gets a really high percentage of the amount sought.

This is a case where I don't even care if the lawyers got a big percentage too, if the settlement was close to what they asked. CNN deserves to lose every penny possible.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #190 on: January 07, 2020, 08:41:02 PM »
A few more of these should knock the wind out of the sails of the media. Hopefully they will learn it is okay to slow down and gather all the facts before reporting a story. I miss the old film at 11 or more details in the morning edition.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #191 on: January 08, 2020, 09:27:33 AM »
A few more of these should knock the wind out of the sails of the media. Hopefully they will learn it is okay to slow down and gather all the facts before reporting a story. I miss the old film at 11 or more details in the morning edition.
Especially when the case involves a minor who is not already a public figure. 

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #192 on: January 08, 2020, 10:35:29 AM »
It would be nice if this prompted the corporate behemoth that owns CNN (_ _&_)to do a little house cleaning but I'll not hold my breath.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2020, 10:54:06 AM »
Especially when the case involves a minor who is not already a public figure. 

or not... https://www.businessinsider.com/pink-slime-case-177-million-settlement-2017-8
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2020, 09:59:27 PM »
this is the real reason Trump killed the Iranian General, he made a deal
with the dinosaur media to get this story off the radar
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #196 on: July 27, 2022, 02:41:46 PM »
After years of politically charged litigation, former Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann has lost a round of high-profile defamation lawsuits against five mainstream media companies at the summary judgment stage. That’s according to court dockets and an opinion and order signed by a federal judge in the Eastern District of Kentucky on Tuesday.

Sandmann’s cases against ABC News, Rolling Stone magazine, CBS News, newspaper and television station owner Gannett, and The New York Times are now officially listed as “terminated” on the court record.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2022, 03:30:27 PM »
Sandmann’s cases against ABC News, Rolling Stone magazine, CBS News, newspaper and television station owner Gannett, and The New York Times are now officially listed as “terminated” on the court record.

Too bad. Each of those smarmy organizations should be sued into oblivion for what they've done to innocent people in the past. Especially Rolling Stone.

I see the linked site is run by an ABC News guy. The reader comments section appears to be strongly left-biased.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2022, 03:31:40 PM »
The reader comments section appears to be strongly left-biased.

I can't think of a single site where the reader comments are worth reading.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2022, 04:14:48 PM »
I can't think of a single site where the reader comments are worth reading.

Oh, come on!  What about Reddi … oh, ummm.  There lots of great, intelligent commentary on Faceb … shoot.  I know I saw some polite discourse on FoxNews!  Dang it, that was here.