Author Topic: On Those Catholic Kids That "Attacked" the Native Americans  (Read 31121 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: On Those Catholic Kids That "Attacked" the Native Americans
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2019, 10:05:15 AM »
We are living in two separate perceptions of reality.

The drummer guy probably actually believes his story.

Without the video his testimony would have been unimpeachable.

Even with video the left still sees something other than what the raw video(s) shows.

These are the same tactics used by BLM writ large.
Show video of person being tackled/shot by police, but edit out everything done by the perp leading up to the 'racist police brutality.'
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2019, 10:10:04 AM »
It’s too late. Will be hearing about this as an example of Orange Man Bad, Catholics Bad(this one at moments I agree with, but more with Catholic leadership and not related to this incident), white racism, etc. for the rest of time. All those who saw this as a blurb on the evening news will never hear a correction. Those who posted it to sites like Facebook will never post a correction. CNN was still running with the original story at least a few hours ago.

I note that the Catholic leadership immediately threw the kids under the bus. Including their own school.

(I have deleted several times a comment I wanted to make about Catholics and screwing teen boys, as it is just hateful. However, these "leaders" have completely failed to fulfill their duty to protect those in their care and instead threw them to the wolves. That makes me seriously angry.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2019, 10:13:13 AM »
Interestingly a spokesman for one of the other Indian tribes there, who was more sympathetic to the kids (note, again, that the "drummer" has a long activist history), still felt he needed to "step in to educate" because he said he saw some of the kids doing a "Maori dance".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2019, 11:06:29 AM »
Interestingly a spokesman for one of the other Indian tribes there, who was more sympathetic to the kids (note, again, that the "drummer" has a long activist history), still felt he needed to "step in to educate" because he said he saw some of the kids doing a "Maori dance".

So being native american makes him an expert and a spokesperson for polynesians?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2019, 12:18:13 PM »
I note that the Catholic leadership immediately threw the kids under the bus. Including their own school.
The speed with which they assumed student guilt was appalling and truly despicable.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2019, 12:26:09 PM »
The whole Black Israelites thing is a new one on me.

DAS RIGHT!

If you start the Mr Metokur safari, it will lead to some truly *expletive deleted*ed up places,  but it always entertains.  The internet insanity series was good.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2019, 12:34:48 PM »
The speed with which they assumed student guilt was appalling and truly despicable.

And again, as I pointed out in my OP, almost everybody assumed guilt in the first hours. After reading through a political cross-section of initial stories, so did I. I've also jumped to conclusions when some conservative site released some edited video or statement that made a liberal look awful (because take that stupid SJWs!), only to later (often less than 24 hours) find everything was taken out of context.

This is the evil power of these social media video snippets, and it's only getting worse.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2019, 12:59:17 PM »
The Egyptians who built the pyramids were black and it has been discovered recently that Britain’s first inhabitants were black.

At least that is what they say   ;/

The Egyptians who built the pyramids were Egyptians.  They had black slaves who worked rough labor, more so in the later dynasties. 
Sorta think that England inhabitants being originally black may be inaccurate ....  I'm not sure the Romans noticed any blacks there at their time,  but I could be wrong.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2019, 01:09:03 PM »
Media posts from latest to oldest:

Verified Leftist Calls For MAGA Kids to be ‘Fired On’, School Burned Down
https://www.infowars.com/verified-leftist-calls-for-maga-kids-to-be-fired-on-school-burned-down/

Journalists and Celebs Rush to Delete Tweets Slamming MAGA-Hat Kids
https://www.mediaite.com/online/journalists-and-celebs-rush-to-delete-tweets-slamming-maga-hat-kids/

The Media Wildly Mischaracterized That Video of Covington Catholic Students Confronting a Native American Veteran
https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/20/covington-catholic-nathan-phillips-video

Catholic Teen Responds: “I Will Not Stand for this Mob-like Character Assassination of my Family’s Name”
https://www.toddstarnes.com/campus/catholic-teen-responds-i-will-not-stand-for-this-mob-like-character-assassination-of-my-familys-name

Looks like there’s a whole lot MORE to story about Catholic students ‘harassing’ Native American protester
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/01/20/more-media-lies-looks-like-theres-a-whole-lot-more-to-story-about-catholic-students-harassing-native-american-protester
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2019, 01:31:22 PM »
How old is Nathan Philips?  Is he really old enough to have been a Vietnam vet?  I'm almost 60, and I'm not old enough.  He kinda looks about the same age as me, just a lot more weather-worn.  But he could be 70...
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2019, 01:33:22 PM »
How old is Nathan Philips?  Is he really old enough to have been a Vietnam vet?  I'm almost 60, and I'm not old enough.  He kinda looks about the same age as me, just a lot more weather-worn.  But he could be 70...

67. There's stories on this now. It appears we pulled out a year before he enlisted. He seems to be now implying he is a "Vietnam era vet", which seems like kind of a dis to Vietnam combat vets.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2019, 01:44:03 PM »
The Egyptians who built the pyramids were Egyptians.  They had black slaves who worked rough labor, more so in the later dynasties. 
Sorta think that England inhabitants being originally black may be inaccurate ....  I'm not sure the Romans noticed any blacks there at their time,  but I could be wrong.

I thought there were reports of blue Brits, but I don't know about Black ones.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2019, 02:01:43 PM »
67. There's stories on this now. It appears we pulled out a year before he enlisted. He seems to be now implying he is a "Vietnam era vet", which seems like kind of a dis to Vietnam combat vets.

The VA calls me a "Gulf War Era" veteran even though I enlisted in 2005.  I never could figure that one out.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2019, 02:13:46 PM »
The VA calls me a "Gulf War Era" veteran even though I enlisted in 2005.  I never could figure that one out.

I guess context has a lot to do with it, but those of you who wore the uniform are better qualified to pipe up than me.

I can see someone being referred to as a "Gulf War Era Veteran" or a "Vietnam Era Veteran" if they served in those time frames. I think the sticking point is if someone attempts to use that phrase to infer that they were in a combat zone when in fact they were in a stateside billet the entire time.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2019, 02:14:54 PM »

I think the picture is becoming clear that whatever service he may or may not have performed, he's a lying agitator (including about what his services was, if he did serve), attempting to smear and lead the character assassination of high school kids.

For having the temerity to wear hats.

But DEFINITELY take his word against that of all the boys AND video evidence. He's clearly more trustworthy than my own lying eyes. 
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2019, 02:58:41 PM »
I guess context has a lot to do with it, but those of you who wore the uniform are better qualified to pipe up than me.

I can see someone being referred to as a "Gulf War Era Veteran" or a "Vietnam Era Veteran" if they served in those time frames. I think the sticking point is if someone attempts to use that phrase to infer that they were in a combat zone when in fact they were in a stateside billet the entire time.

That's the way I see it. I enlisted in 1971, early enough to be in country during Vietnam but instead I was assigned to a carrier out of Norfolk and spent 3 years enjoying all that the Med had to offer. I consider myself as Vietnam Era vet, not a VN vet. I use my age as a barometer when people tell me they are VN vets. I went in at 17 1/2 so if they are younger than me they are most likely not telling the truth. But I am sure there are a few my age or younger that *may* have been in country. Following boot camp, advanced training and all of the leaves in between I reported to my first duty station in July of 1972. With the last combat troops being pulled out in Mar of 1973 I doubt very many who joined when I did made it in county as a combat troop.

bob

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2019, 03:22:18 PM »
I was off work and on the book of faces off and on all day Sunday. The SJW outrage dominated the newsfeed.

Popped on there this morning and again this afternoon.

“Crickets”

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2019, 03:38:52 PM »
I think the picture is becoming clear that whatever service he may or may not have performed, he's a lying agitator (including about what his services was, if he did serve), attempting to smear and lead the character assassination of high school kids.

For having the temerity to wear hats.

But DEFINITELY take his word against that of all the boys AND video evidence. He's clearly more trustworthy than my own lying eyes. 

White man video speak with forked tongue.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2019, 04:20:37 PM »
The "Vietnam Era" runs up to the time of the Mayaguez incident of May 12–15, 1975.  It is generally considered to be the last official battle of the Vietnam war.
If a service member served at least 180 days on active duty prior to May 15, 1975, they are considered a Vietnam Era veteran.
To be an actual Vietnam veteran requires that you actually set foot in-country as far as I understand it.  I don't know if there are any minimum time in-country requirements.
I am a Vietnam Era veteran, but not a Vietnam veteran, and would never claim to be one.
I will however, proudly claim to be a drunken-liberty-on-the-Gold Coast, New South Wales, Australia, veteran.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2019, 04:41:43 PM »
That's the way I see it. I enlisted in 1971, early enough to be in country during Vietnam but instead I was assigned to a carrier out of Norfolk and spent 3 years enjoying all that the Med had to offer. I consider myself as Vietnam Era vet, not a VN vet. I use my age as a barometer when people tell me they are VN vets. I went in at 17 1/2 so if they are younger than me they are most likely not telling the truth. But I am sure there are a few my age or younger that *may* have been in country. Following boot camp, advanced training and all of the leaves in between I reported to my first duty station in July of 1972. With the last combat troops being pulled out in Mar of 1973 I doubt very many who joined when I did made it in county as a combat troop.

bob
I'm a few years younger than you, missed both the draft and the Vietnam war, and yet I've talked to people (at gun shows!) appreciably younger than I am who were secret Green Barays/SEELS/Komandos (bad spelling intended) doing super secret black ops in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos during the Vietnam War.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2019, 07:04:14 PM »
https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2019/01/21/38181376/i-thought-the-maga-boys-were-*expletive deleted*it-eating-monsters-then-i-watched-the-full-video

An interesting article from a very liberal paper in Seattle.  The author agrees with the premise that watching the longer videos give a very different picture.  The Black Hebrew Israelites sound like a piece of work: the black equivalent of the Westboro Baptist Church.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2019, 07:13:37 PM »
Unbiased reporter Soledad O'Brian (is she Beto's sister?) is now saying that the unedited video is still bunk and that the kids were doing racist "tomahawk chops". There was another video snippet to "prove" this, but for the life of me, I couldn't see it. Best I could see, if I had to make something up like she did, was maybe doing a fist pump or something in time to the drumbeat.

Kathy Griffin is still calling for a full doxxing of all the kids. There are also still plenty of grown men stating they want to "beat the *expletive deleted*it" out of minors, and still plenty of calls for them to be shot. I saw on Twitchy some Muslim activist said he wanted to punch the one kid in the face, and someone reported him to Twitter. The guy posted Twitter's email or tweet or whatever to him informing him of the investigation and telling him he did nothing wrong. Apparently somebody else that called him a jerk or similar for threatening to punch the kid, was in fact suspended for breaking Twitter rules.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2019, 07:36:37 PM »
Unbiased reporter Soledad O'Brian (is she Beto's sister?) is now saying that the unedited video is still bunk and that the kids were doing racist "tomahawk chops". There was another video snippet to "prove" this, but for the life of me, I couldn't see it. Best I could see, if I had to make something up like she did, was maybe doing a fist pump or something in time to the drumbeat.

Kathy Griffin is still calling for a full doxxing of all the kids. There are also still plenty of grown men stating they want to "beat the *expletive deleted*it" out of minors, and still plenty of calls for them to be shot. I saw on Twitchy some Muslim activist said he wanted to punch the one kid in the face, and someone reported him to Twitter. The guy posted Twitter's email or tweet or whatever to him informing him of the investigation and telling him he did nothing wrong. Apparently somebody else that called him a jerk or similar for threatening to punch the kid, was in fact suspended for breaking Twitter rules.
I follow a couple of police officers on Twitter simply because the work stories are entertaining.  One of them liked a tweet by another cop saying he thought the kid should be punched.  Later he didn't retract it, but said he still thought that.  The person who I was following responded to the negative replies saying they could just not follow them, so I did that. 

They knew he was a high school kid immediately.  On top of that, this isn't the first time we have seen news like this was completely untrue.  We see that sort of thing when discussing self defense incidents also.  The initial news reports are often false or misleading in one way or another.  A little skepticism is advised. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

castle key

• friend
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2019, 07:39:57 PM »
Has Elizabeth Warren offered her opinion on this issue?
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.