Armed Polite Society
February 18, 2019, 02:53:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Kamala Harris announces 2020 Presidential candidacy  (Read 843 times)
MillCreek
friend

APS Risk Manager

« on: January 21, 2019, 08:03:45 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/politics/kamala-harris-president-2020/index.html

I don't know a lot about her yet. I recall that she is no fan of the 2A.
Report to moderator   Logged

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.
Andiron
friend

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 09:30:08 AM »

I want to see this cat fight settled cage match style.  Harris, Warren and Clinton.  3 communists enter,  one leaves.  Survivor gets curb stomped by Trump.

It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.- Sir Terry Pratchett
fistful
Shadowy figure, denomination unknown
friend

Suspected white supremacist

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 09:33:29 AM »

I hear she's a big fan of civil asset forfeiture.

Republican: Woke since 1854
TommyGunn
friend

Stuck in full auto since birth.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 09:53:20 AM »

And we're off to the races!!!!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/politics/kamala-harris-president-2020/index.html

I don't know a lot about her yet. I recall that she is no fan of the 2A.

Former Commiefornya Attorney General.  Before that she infested San Francisco.  D. A.  Or something like that.  Big time super liberal,  "Flaming Liberal" in old Frisco vernacular. 

She'd be a disaster as president.   I wouldn't elect her dogcatcher.

MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero
French G.
friend

ohhh sparkles!

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 10:41:24 AM »

Poontronage is the turn of phrase I saw coined somewhere for how she made it in politics. And Trump is just the right guy to point that out.

AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.
adively
Administrator

Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 11:06:42 AM »

Paging Ben to the white courtesy phone. Ben to the white courtesy phone.

Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.
makattak
Dark Lord of the Cis
friend

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 11:17:16 AM »

Because what this country needs is for the federal government to follow the path blazed by California!

"We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
Ron
friends

like a tree planted by rivers of water

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 11:40:09 AM »

She was Willie Browns close protege, very close.

The wish not to believe can influence as strongly as the wish to believe.

Who can escape their own cognitive biases?
Ben
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 12:57:35 PM »

Paging Ben to the white courtesy phone. Ben to the white courtesy phone.

I had a real fear that she would make significant headway and be the dem pick, but her soundbytes over the last year truly emphasize "clueless moron".

She got a lot - a LOT - of slack here in CA for all her dumb stuff because of the CA demographics. I'm not sure how well her liberal arrogance will fly on a national level in much of the rest of the country, including with moderate dems.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."
Angel Eyes
Unindicted co-conspirator
friend

You're not diggin'

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 12:59:59 PM »

An admittedly biased op-ed piece on Senator Harris:

https://amgreatness.com/2018/04/21/poontronage-when-kamala-met-willie/

"Rope is cheap and gravity is free." 
                  - Tallpine
RoadKingLarry
friends

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 04:16:24 PM »

I had a real fear that she would make significant headway and be the dem pick, but her soundbytes over the last year truly emphasize "clueless moron".

Harris - Ocasio-Cortez 2020!!!
The Memes practically create themselves.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams
MechAg94
friend

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2019, 04:39:06 PM »

Harris - Ocasio-Cortez 2020!!!
The Memes practically create themselves.
Memes would be good, but just imagine the direct quotes.  I can also imagine the softball questions the press would throw at them also.

"Envy was once considered to be one of the seven deadly sins before it became one of the most admired virtues under its new name, 'social justice.'"   Thomas Sowell
Ben
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 06:22:16 PM »

Memes would be good, but just imagine the direct quotes.  I can also imagine the softball questions the press would throw at them also.

Harris has never known anything but softball reporting in CA in every office she has held, nor has she worked with anything but a large dem majority in state government. The "How can we ever thank you for existing?" media questions may not be so forthcoming on the national level, especially with some new media darlings in the dem primary list.

Though of note, CNN seems to have already anointed her. She is the first one they have arranged a town hall with, and did so like 17 seconds after she announced.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."
fistful
Shadowy figure, denomination unknown
friend

Suspected white supremacist

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 01:24:29 PM »

https://politics.theonion.com/kamala-harris-assembles-campaign-staff-of-unpaid-califo-1831958905

On the heels of yesterdayĺs announcement that she would be running for president, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) reportedly began staffing her campaign Tuesday with unpaid inmates from California correctional facilities. ôIĺm so grateful to have such an incredible and devoted team headed up by my new campaign manager, Spider, as we work together to fight for American values,ö said Harris of the two dozen non-violent criminal offenders who would reportedly work shifts of up to 72 hours out of her campaign office in exchange for three square meals a day and all the ôKamala Harris 2020ö merchandise they could carry.

Republican: Woke since 1854
Ben
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 03:44:55 PM »

Ugh.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/01/24/make-it-stop-inspired-by-kamala-harris-heres-proof-that-2020-has-already-jumped-the-shark/

RoadKingLarry
friends

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 03:58:21 PM »

Someone needs to make a talking Occasional-Cortex doll that spouts off lame drivel when you pull the string or push the button or whatever they do these days.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams
WLJ
friends

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 04:25:46 PM »

Someone needs to make a talking Occasional-Cortex doll that spouts off lame drivel when you pull the string or push the button or whatever they do these days.

MSRP: $19.99
$658.23 after taxes
Doggy Daddy
Poobah
friend

From the saner side of Las Vegas

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2019, 06:53:23 PM »

$658.23 after taxes

Great material.  I hope you hang around for a while!

Is this a devil's advocacy thing, or are you just programmed for "dick" ?
-Andiron

Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.
Chester32141
friend

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 07:46:28 AM »

How about a screen saver of her dancing as she spouts drivel ů the right person could be selling/sharing those by the weekend ů  Popcorn

Angel Eyes
friend

You're not diggin'

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 12:11:14 PM »

$658.23 after taxes

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/426832-kamala-harris-action-figure-unveiled

- Tallpine
WLJ
friends

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2019, 12:27:19 PM »

Think you got the joke out of context, go to reply 16
Angel Eyes
friend

You're not diggin'

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2019, 12:31:27 PM »

I got the context just fine.

- Tallpine
WLJ
friends

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2019, 12:35:21 PM »

Then maybe I'm slow, which is likely, puzzled about your post.
MechAg94
friend

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2019, 01:34:35 PM »

I believe the Simpsons did a Barbie Doll knock-off where the doll would say a bunch of non-PC sexist drivel.  That coming from an Ocasio-Cortex doll would be funny.

You just know her campaign paid for this crap, but some people to get into hero worship far too easily.  

However, considering their is a Mueller action figure, I can only imagine there is some small time outfit trying to market some of these stuff? 

Maybe someone like the South Park guys can use them to make a new movie.   grin

"Envy was once considered to be one of the seven deadly sins before it became one of the most admired virtues under its new name, 'social justice.'"   Thomas Sowell
Ben
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2019, 07:04:41 AM »

So it appears she has come out with a main campaign message of "eliminating all private health insurance". When asked if she would still allow people to have private insurance if they want it, the answer was "no".

I'm not totally familiar with various European models, but I think in most countries there, if you have the dough, you can still have private insurance. Is that correct? If so, then she is heading "Venezuela left" vs "UK left".

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-vows-to-eliminate-private-health-care-plans-lets-eliminate-all-of-that-lets-move-on

Edit: Another tidbit from her CNN Town Hall. "Ban all assault weapons". Just in case anyone thought she would tone down the California-centric message on the national stage.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/01/29/this-should-be-interesting-kamala-harris-take-on-2a-gun-laws-at-the-cnn-town-hall-is-something-else/

Her response is a great example of the cake analogy.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 07:31:51 AM by Ben » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: