Author Topic: Kamala Harris announces 2020 Presidential candidacy  (Read 4019 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Kamala Harris announces 2020 Presidential candidacy
« on: January 21, 2019, 11:03:45 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/politics/kamala-harris-president-2020/index.html

I don't know a lot about her yet. I recall that she is no fan of the 2A.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Andiron

• friend
Re: Kamala Harris announces 2020 Presidential candidacy
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 12:30:08 PM »
I want to see this cat fight settled cage match style.  Harris, Warren and Clinton.  3 communists enter,  one leaves.  Survivor gets curb stomped by Trump.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 12:33:29 PM »
I hear she's a big fan of civil asset forfeiture.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 12:53:20 PM »
And we're off to the races!!!!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/politics/kamala-harris-president-2020/index.html

I don't know a lot about her yet. I recall that she is no fan of the 2A.

Former Commiefornya Attorney General.  Before that she infested San Francisco.  D. A.  Or something like that.  Big time super liberal,  "Flaming Liberal" in old Frisco vernacular. 

She'd be a disaster as president.   I wouldn't elect her dogcatcher.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 01:41:24 PM »
Poontronage is the turn of phrase I saw coined somewhere for how she made it in politics. And Trump is just the right guy to point that out.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 02:06:42 PM »
Paging Ben to the white courtesy phone. Ben to the white courtesy phone.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 02:17:16 PM »
Because what this country needs is for the federal government to follow the path blazed by California!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 02:40:09 PM »
She was Willie Browns close protege, very close.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 03:57:35 PM »
Paging Ben to the white courtesy phone. Ben to the white courtesy phone.

I had a real fear that she would make significant headway and be the dem pick, but her soundbytes over the last year truly emphasize "clueless moron".

She got a lot - a LOT - of slack here in CA for all her dumb stuff because of the CA demographics. I'm not sure how well her liberal arrogance will fly on a national level in much of the rest of the country, including with moderate dems.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 03:59:59 PM »
An admittedly biased op-ed piece on Senator Harris:

https://amgreatness.com/2018/04/21/poontronage-when-kamala-met-willie/
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 07:16:24 PM »
I had a real fear that she would make significant headway and be the dem pick, but her soundbytes over the last year truly emphasize "clueless moron".

Harris - Ocasio-Cortez 2020!!!
The Memes practically create themselves.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2019, 07:39:06 PM »
Harris - Ocasio-Cortez 2020!!!
The Memes practically create themselves.
Memes would be good, but just imagine the direct quotes.  I can also imagine the softball questions the press would throw at them also.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 09:22:16 PM »
Memes would be good, but just imagine the direct quotes.  I can also imagine the softball questions the press would throw at them also.

Harris has never known anything but softball reporting in CA in every office she has held, nor has she worked with anything but a large dem majority in state government. The "How can we ever thank you for existing?" media questions may not be so forthcoming on the national level, especially with some new media darlings in the dem primary list.

Though of note, CNN seems to have already anointed her. She is the first one they have arranged a town hall with, and did so like 17 seconds after she announced.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 04:24:29 PM »
https://politics.theonion.com/kamala-harris-assembles-campaign-staff-of-unpaid-califo-1831958905

On the heels of yesterday’s announcement that she would be running for president, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) reportedly began staffing her campaign Tuesday with unpaid inmates from California correctional facilities. “I’m so grateful to have such an incredible and devoted team headed up by my new campaign manager, Spider, as we work together to fight for American values,” said Harris of the two dozen non-violent criminal offenders who would reportedly work shifts of up to 72 hours out of her campaign office in exchange for three square meals a day and all the “Kamala Harris 2020” merchandise they could carry.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 06:58:21 PM »
Someone needs to make a talking Occasional-Cortex doll that spouts off lame drivel when you pull the string or push the button or whatever they do these days.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 07:25:46 PM »
Someone needs to make a talking Occasional-Cortex doll that spouts off lame drivel when you pull the string or push the button or whatever they do these days.

MSRP: $19.99
$658.23 after taxes
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2019, 09:53:23 PM »
MSRP: $19.99
$658.23 after taxes

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  Great material.  I hope you hang around for a while!
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 10:46:28 AM »

How about a screen saver of her dancing as she spouts drivel … the right person could be selling/sharing those by the weekend …  [popcorn]
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2019, 03:27:19 PM »
Think you got the joke out of context, go to reply 16
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2019, 03:31:27 PM »
I got the context just fine.
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2019, 03:35:21 PM »
Then maybe I'm slow, which is likely, puzzled about your post.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2019, 04:34:35 PM »
I believe the Simpsons did a Barbie Doll knock-off where the doll would say a bunch of non-PC sexist drivel.  That coming from an Ocasio-Cortex doll would be funny.

You just know her campaign paid for this crap, but some people to get into hero worship far too easily.  

However, considering their is a Mueller action figure, I can only imagine there is some small time outfit trying to market some of these stuff? 

Maybe someone like the South Park guys can use them to make a new movie.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2019, 10:04:41 AM »
So it appears she has come out with a main campaign message of "eliminating all private health insurance". When asked if she would still allow people to have private insurance if they want it, the answer was "no".

I'm not totally familiar with various European models, but I think in most countries there, if you have the dough, you can still have private insurance. Is that correct? If so, then she is heading "Venezuela left" vs "UK left".

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-vows-to-eliminate-private-health-care-plans-lets-eliminate-all-of-that-lets-move-on

Edit: Another tidbit from her CNN Town Hall. "Ban all assault weapons". Just in case anyone thought she would tone down the California-centric message on the national stage.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/01/29/this-should-be-interesting-kamala-harris-take-on-2a-gun-laws-at-the-cnn-town-hall-is-something-else/

Her response is a great example of the cake analogy.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 10:31:51 AM by Ben »