Author Topic: State of the Union  (Read 721 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
State of the Union
« on: February 05, 2019, 09:43:13 PM »
Nothing particularly exciting or groundbreaking so far.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: State of the Union
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 09:47:27 PM »
state of the onion, potus applauded African American woman named Alice.
It was very moving, the old white lady liberal behind her looked like she wanted to scream in agony.
The old white liberal was clearly racist - i wonder who she was
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 09:48:47 PM »
The old white liberal was clearly racist - i wonder who she was

Was she quoting nonexistent Bible verses?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 09:48:48 PM »
  Is white the new red for the handmaidens?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 09:49:26 PM »
Was she quoting nonexistent Bible verses?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 09:50:20 PM »
  Is white the new red for the handmaidens?

No, but I hear it is a traditional democratic color.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 08:47:10 AM »
That white clothing bit reminded me of a high school girls clique.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 09:37:17 AM »
Nothing particularly exciting or groundbreaking so far.

Other than the CBS/CNN snap pole showing overwhelming support for the Presidents speech where he came out hard against abortion and vowed to finish the wall...

CBS News and CNN released instant polls taken immediately after President Trump’s State of the Union address with both polls finding 76 percent of those who watched approved of the speech. The CBS poll 72 percent approved of Trump’s immigration proposals while the CNN poll showed 76 percent approval with 59 percent “very positive.”
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 09:49:04 AM »
Other than the CBS/CNN snap pole showing overwhelming support for the Presidents speech where he came out hard against abortion and vowed to finish the wall...

CBS News and CNN released instant polls taken immediately after President Trump’s State of the Union address with both polls finding 76 percent of those who watched approved of the speech. The CBS poll 72 percent approved of Trump’s immigration proposals while the CNN poll showed 76 percent approval with 59 percent “very positive.”

Given CNN's penchant for publishing pro-conservative data only if there is absolutely, positively no other way to spin it, numbers that high are astonishing. That tells me the real-world approval for both criteria is likely much higher.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 03:36:11 PM »
I've been told enough times not to listen to something he said 'by mistake', later contradicted, or didn't mean literally that I think it's finally starting to sink in.
I didn't bother watching or listening, and it sounds like that was a fine choice:
His head slumped toward his left shoulder, lips partially open in a peaceful somnolent stupor, Trump dozed off while the rest of America listened in relative indifference.

72 percent approved of Trump’s immigration proposals
Wonder if those people took him literally/seriously ???
President Donald Trump said Wednesday that he stands by a few words ad-libbed into his State of the Union address and wants more legal immigration to the U.S. -- an apparent reversal of his administration’s policies.

Trump said Tuesday that immigration enriches the country and “I want people to come into our country, in the largest numbers ever, but they have to come in legally," he said.

The words “in the largest numbers ever” weren’t in his prepared remarks. He has previously endorsed policies aimed at cutting legal immigration by as much as half, by reducing family-based green cards, limiting work visas, eliminating the diversity lottery and lowering refugee quotas.

But on Wednesday, Trump said he meant what he said.

“Yes, because we need people in our country because our unemployment numbers are so low,” he said in an interview with regional news organizations after he was asked whether he favors a change in policy to expand legal immigration, according to a reporter for The Advocate of Louisiana.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 05:04:13 PM by DittoHead »
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2019, 10:22:43 PM »
Here's a nice little rundown.
 [popcorn]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic