Author Topic: So Virginia will have a new governor next week....  (Read 14118 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
So Virginia will have a new governor next week....
« on: February 01, 2019, 09:49:16 PM »
If I'm reading the tea leaves correctly.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/virginia-legislative-black-caucus-holds-emergency-meeting-to-discuss-ralph-northam-crisis/

Just one part of the "crisis"

Quick overview: after calling his milquetoast Republican opponent Ed Gillespie a racist, it turns out our infanticide supporting Governor is also a racist. (Blackface and KKK costumes just scratch the surface of his history that the worthless Republicans couldn't uncover.)

So, to recap- Democrats were fine with the infanticide but they are likely to force him out after this.

I've read suggestions the Dems released this to get rid of the infanticide headlines, but I am curious why this comes out now.

Oh and why by next week? Because otherwise Trump is calling them out in the SOTU. He is still likely to mention it, but they can claim they addressed it.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Andiron

• friend
Re: So Virginia will have a new governor next week....
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 09:53:58 PM »
Dem,  it will never stick.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 10:14:18 PM »
My first reaction is to be gleeful seeing their tactics turned into a Polish firing squad. Next, how could a pediatric neurologist be so damn dense to be an idiot on the radio.

More cynical, did a right wing blog really do this to dunk on him or was it orchestrated by the left? Lieutenant gov. is a progressive poster boy. Laughing all the way I actually voted for this lt. gov because they are usually harmless and I thought it was crappy how his party really didn't want to campaign for him. Go to a 1984 year book to see a racist Dem? No, just look at the campaign messaging around Justin Fairfax.

Either way, this is glorious. Wish I was still Facebook pals with my old classmates that were so vile about smilin Bob McDonnell. Or so silent about Terry.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 10:23:35 PM »
Although just following Facebook for all the gold CSD drags up is causing a pretty big schadenboner. Whatever did we do for humor before the internet?

Ralph Northam will now be kept comfortable while we have a discussion about him. :D

AKA Navy Joe   

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 10:32:57 PM »
Sounds like Virginia is going to have an abortion
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 10:42:10 PM »
Dem,  it will never stick.

If the VA republicans don't jam it down the dems throat they have no balls.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 10:54:14 PM »
I could be wrong but I thinks the dems are going to keep hammering on this until he aborts himself. After three weeks of looking like fools they're looking to win something, anything,  even if it means eating one of their own. It not like they're really going to lose anything by him resigning since the person who would replace him is just as much of a liberal.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 11:05:59 PM »
And I think Harris is going to the one hammering the hardest because she wants to seen as strong and powerful and in charge.
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 11:21:49 PM »
i do not think he is going anywhere, they're just gonna complain a bit and forget it.
only republicans can be racist.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 11:40:28 PM »
Not long ago I would have said the same thing but I'm starting to think that people like Harris, Booker, etc.. don't care as long as they think they're going to earn power points. We shall see
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 11:49:13 PM »
Makes me wonder if certain Dems knew about the yearbook stuff for a while, but decided to make it public after the infanticide mess to get rid of him.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2019, 11:49:45 PM »
Maybe Northam can be resuscitated and kept comfortable while others debate his political right to live.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 12:03:47 AM »
Maybe Northam can be resuscitated and kept comfortable while others debate his political right to live.

hahahahahahahah I am stealing that quote hahahahahahahahahahah
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 09:21:57 AM »

A tinfoil theory:

I can't help but wonder if dems are doing this for "street cred". They still blame Rs for not tarring and feathering Kavanaugh with no evidence. It seems that a Ginsburg replacement very soon is inevitable. Dems will absolutely dig out the High School yearbooks again.

Northam is a loser for Dems. He has "outed" a radical agenda on the definition of a human that even moderate dems are simply not willing to accept, and in fact, abhor. His replacement is a lefty. He's a perfect throw away pawn. If Dems make a big deal out of getting rid of him, when the conservative Ginsberg replacement gets nominated, and the "dirt" is run through the MSM, Dems will use Northam to show how "they clean their own house" of microagressors (I use that word because note - they are demanding he resign because of a yearbook picture, not because he said a child half outside of the womb is still not a human and can be killed for the mother's "mental health"). They will demand Rs do the same "house cleaning" because Amy Barrett TP'd a native American neighbor's house when she was 14.

Plus, as mentioned earlier in the thread, the yearbook photo is completely usurping his infanticide comments in the MSM.

EDIT: Add another layer of tinfoil. I just now read that the LT Governor is black. It's almost perfect symmetry for dems to oust him for the yearbook photo and replace him with a black LT Governor.

EDIT2: One more layer of tinfoil - Planned Parenthood is calling for his resignation. You do not talk about Fight Club.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 09:37:39 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 09:26:43 AM »

Funny you should say that because according to CNN he is a racist republican https://twitter.com/LevineJonathan/status/1091549708349259776/video/1
Some are thinking it was done on purpose. I don't know about that but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was done on purpose.

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 11:35:45 AM »
Abort! abort! abort!

Total Fiasco: VA Dem Gov Northam Retracts Apology, Says That’s Not Him In Blackface, KKK Photo
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/02/02/total-fiasco-va-dem-gov-northam-retracts-apology-says-thats-not-him-in-blackfa-n2540710
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 11:46:04 AM »
Abort! abort! abort!

Total Fiasco: VA Dem Gov Northam Retracts Apology, Says That’s Not Him In Blackface, KKK Photo
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/02/02/total-fiasco-va-dem-gov-northam-retracts-apology-says-thats-not-him-in-blackfa-n2540710

Wow. That's bold.

Or maybe brazen is a better word.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 12:21:45 PM »
Ben's tinfoil isn't tight enough.  Fairfax is young, black, fight for $15, etc.

What led to this is the topic we don't talk about, but I can't help to think that the several state rollout of full term abortion is a purposeful strategy to kick off the culture war. War on women disappointed, so time to stir up all the hicks. I maintain a regretful centrist position on that subject just because the level of statism to truly ban it would be shocking, much less muh states rights, etc. But how you can say anytime past a fetus could live outside(23 weeks now) is not murder I can't get. And I think they miscalculated that it is winning politics. Most of progressive Europe is 12 weeks.
AKA Navy Joe   

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 01:00:18 PM »
Ben's tinfoil isn't tight enough.  Fairfax is young, black, fight for $15, etc.

What led to this is the topic we don't talk about, but I can't help to think that the several state rollout of full term abortion is a purposeful strategy to kick off the culture war. War on women disappointed, so time to stir up all the hicks. I maintain a regretful centrist position on that subject just because the level of statism to truly ban it would be shocking, much less muh states rights, etc. But how you can say anytime past a fetus could live outside(23 weeks now) is not murder I can't get. And I think they miscalculated that it is winning politics. Most of progressive Europe is 12 weeks.

Didn't they do this before? and ended up with Reagan?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2019, 01:13:42 PM »
Didn't they do this before? and ended up with Reagan?

No worries, it's Virginia. We will get the most lackluster gov candidate that Republican money can buy.
AKA Navy Joe   

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2019, 02:48:09 PM »
I've got the live stream of Northam's press conference.

oh wow. He's not only spouting some serious BS but he's doubling DOWN on staying in office.  :O
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2019, 02:56:36 PM »
Has he announced his 2020 presidential run yet?
- Calvin and Hobbes

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2019, 03:04:27 PM »
Has he announced his 2020 presidential run yet?

No, but this is going to turn into a real thriller.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2019, 03:35:06 PM »
So do I have this straight?
He admits he's guilty of blackface but since he's not the one blackfaced in this particular photo he's innocent ???
I have a headache now.

Has Warren come out and said this guy speaks with a forked tongue yet?

- Calvin and Hobbes