Author Topic: So Virginia will have a new governor next week....  (Read 14113 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: So Virginia will have a new governor next week....
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2019, 09:36:29 AM »
I saw this morning that the LT Governor has now been accused of sexual harassment. Looks like it's turning into "Designated Survivor" there.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2019, 11:46:31 AM »
Yep. I posted that in its own thread. Thought about combining it here, but it's a different enough situation that it really deserved its own freak show thread.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2019, 11:50:27 AM »
Yep. I posted that in its own thread. Thought about combining it here, but it's a different enough situation that it really deserved its own freak show thread.

Yeah, saw that after I posted here. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2019, 09:35:17 PM »
Someone is finally asking the proper question in this mess. How the republicans missed both this picture and be nickname in the college yearbook.

Turns out that the Republican national governors association was responsible for opposition research for the Gillespie campaign. Gillespie wasn't exactly popular with them.  They were very lukewarm in their support. I'm working on the theory that this was not an accident. It was deliberately withheld from the Gillespie campaign to hinder his chances.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2019, 12:10:56 PM »
MAGA hats and blackface are different forms of expression, but they share a certain unfortunate DNA
https://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-abcarian-maga-hat-20190205-story.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2019, 12:48:58 PM »
MAGA hats and blackface are different forms of expression, but they share a certain unfortunate DNA
https://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-abcarian-maga-hat-20190205-story.html

MAGA hats simply don’t mean anything outside their implicit political message: The past was better because the country was whiter.

Must be one o' them dog whistles.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2019, 02:01:29 PM »
I figured it out. This is all a deep state plot to distract us with the moonwalk so we forget about dance dance ocasio!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2019, 09:45:24 PM »
I figured it out. This is all a deep state plot to distract us with the moonwalk so we forget about dance dance ocasio!

LOL

I can't stand either but would much rather watch Ocasio dance than listen to Northam talk
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2019, 10:12:41 PM »

Yeah,  I'm going to call complete bullshit on that coloration.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2019, 12:04:29 PM »
ANNNNNDDDD.... it may very well be a REPUBLICAN governor:

https://wjla.com/news/local/virginia-attorney-general-mark-herring-blackface

3rd in line for the Governorship has just admitted to a blackface photo from his college years.

YET AGAIN, it seems the Republicans are terrible at research. 

JUST when you thought it couldn't get any crazier... I'm just in awe.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2019, 12:11:23 PM »
This could turn into killing three birds with one stone.
I actually doubt it but who knows at this point.

BTW: I don't seem to recall all these blackface parties back in the day.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2019, 12:30:22 PM »

You probably weren't hanging out with a lot of liberal Democrats.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2019, 12:31:29 PM »
I guess that must be it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2019, 12:34:21 PM »
Wasn't there a picture of Hillary and Bill doing something along these lines. Fuzzy memory on it here and it may have been photoshopped anyway. May be getting my memory crossed up with something else.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2019, 12:41:51 PM »
Wasn't there a picture of Hillary and Bill doing something along these lines. Fuzzy memory on it here and it may have been photoshopped anyway. May be getting my memory crossed up with something else.

There's a photo of a woman in black-face who might be Hillary Clinton, as some have suggested, but I guess its authenticity has not been confirmed.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2019, 12:45:12 PM »

There's a photo of a woman in black-face who might be Hillary Clinton, as some have suggested, but I guess its authenticity has not been confirmed.

Snopes has said it isn't the Clintons so that has been settled once and for all.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2019, 12:46:00 PM »

Me neither.  Some of it looks like it was done as a gag or a Halloween costume, but these same people would not hesitate to call a Republican a racist if they had done the same.  The Gov over there did call the Republican opponent a racist.

The only time I recall it being done was a group I was in doing a Halloween Scare thing at the school.  A few of the guys darkened their face and wore black and jumped out of a side hallway to scare people coming through.  If I remember right, I just had a big mosquito net over me.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2019, 12:53:03 PM »

The person assigned to test it's authenticity was found dead after shooting themselves in the back of the head 5 times with a musket, then jumping off a 40 story building, then setting themselves on fire, and then hanging themselves after typing a 50 page note. Foul play is not suspected and their death has been ruled a suicide.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2019, 12:59:46 PM »
The person assigned to test it's authenticity was found dead after shooting themselves in the back of the head 5 times with a musket, then jumping off a 40 story building, then setting themselves on fire, and then hanging themselves after typing a 50 page note. Foul play is not suspected and their death has been ruled a suicide.

Sounds legit.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2019, 02:22:37 PM »

3rd in line for the Governorship has just admitted to a blackface photo from his college years.

NYT is "reporting" it as "He was in dark makeup". Hurray for unbiased journalism!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2019, 02:39:56 PM »
Wait til they find out who TJ did.  I am so proud of my state. :D
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2019, 03:55:13 PM »
Snopes has said it isn't the Clintons so that has been settled once and for all.

Only if you believe anything Snopes says about the Clintons.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2019, 04:05:59 PM »
Note: The asterisks are my doing.

https://twitter.com/jonallendc/status/1093189392196427777
Jonathan Allen
‏Verified account @jonallendc

Justin Fairfax said “*** that bitch” as he tried to discredit his accuser during a private meeting Monday night, sources tell @NBCNews’ @GeoffRBennett and me.
8:47 AM - 6 Feb 2019

And the solution is...

Harris/Warren 2020

‏ @bayofarizona
4h4 hours ago
Replying to @jonallendc @NBCNews @GeoffRBennett

We need to elect only women until we figure what the hell is going on
144 replies 22 retweets 487 likes
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2019, 07:37:41 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2019, 07:42:11 PM »
I'm getting very interested in seeing how the LT Governor thing plays out with the people who were attacking Kavanaugh. His accuser hired Ford's lawyers and he just hired Kavanaugh's lawyers.