Author Topic: 2024 SOTU address  (Read 879 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: 2024 SOTU address
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2024, 10:23:12 PM »
So far I've made it about a minute and a half in.

I don't like listneing to any political speachifying, even for folks I like.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2024, 07:18:07 AM »
When the media has your back

Biden didn’t use illegal to refer to “immigrants”. Immigrants come legally.
He used it to refer to illegal aliens. In this case, an alleged illegal alien murderer. Alien is the legal term under US law/Immigration & Nationality
https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/03/08/you-dont-hate-the-media-enough-reuters-reporter-brags-about-question-to-biden-on-illegals-n2393774

You Don't Hate Journalists Enough: Reuters Reporter Brags About Question to Biden on 'Illegals'
https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/03/08/you-dont-hate-the-media-enough-reuters-reporter-brags-about-question-to-biden-on-illegals-n2393774

Meanwhile if it was Trump this person would be foaming at the mouth
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 07:40:03 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2024, 08:36:43 AM »
I don't have to agree with him to recognize what a SOTU speech should be. Here's Robert Kennedy's:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1765916167737344260

The last three minutes are well worth listening to. No attacks on "the other side". No "because of me the country is the bestest ever (despite your lying eyes)". Recognition of what's wrong with a message of unity to fix it. The main contenders could both learn from this guy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2024, 12:47:03 PM »
Not everyone thinks Senator Britt hit it out of the park.

I'm pretty sure no one thinks that.  =)

She is getting raked over the coals from conservatives as well. To the point that while I think this was a bad choice and bad optics, I'm really feeling sorry for her.

I've got to wonder who all was involved in this. There's no way it's just her coming up with a speech without input from some strategists. The SOTU rebuttal is a key speech for either side.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2024, 07:33:04 PM »
Apologizes for calling the guy who murdered Laken Riley and mutilated her body an illegal, but doesn't apologize for getting her name wrong. I guess it plays to his base.

https://twitchy.com/coucy/2024/03/09/biden-chickens-out-illegal-n2393808

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2024, 04:56:18 AM »
I listened to the first half Of the state of the Union address on "Louder with Crowder" and I was sick to my stomach of it at about the halfway point and went back to doing something more productive. I saw clips of some of what happened afterwards and the lies were just so horrendous it wasn't funny! Yeah, here are all these idiots jumping up and clapping and cheering for a demented old circus monkey. It was just sad.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2024, 07:46:21 AM »
Mocking Sen Britt

SNL cold open sees Scarlett Johansson hilariously spoof Sen. Katie Britt's widely mocked State of the Union rebuttal, branding her the 'craziest b***h in the Target parking lot'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13178939/SNL-cold-open-sees-Scarlett-Johansson-hilariously-spoof-Sen-Katie-Britts.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2024, 09:45:03 AM »
That idiot Marjorie Taylor Greene is catching a bunch of flack because she wore a MAGA hat to the State of the Onion.

Apparently that's against the rules because you're not allowed to wear campaign items to the State of the Onion address.

Of course, it's perfectly fine for President Dementia to use the entire speech as a campaign speech...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2024, 09:59:14 AM »
That idiot Marjorie Taylor Greene is catching a bunch of flack because she wore a MAGA hat to the State of the Onion.

Apparently that's against the rules because you're not allowed to wear campaign items to the State of the Onion address.

Of course, it's perfectly fine for President Dementia to use the entire speech as a campaign speech...

She's out there, but I have to give her props for getting Biden to say the name, even if he flubbed it. I don't really like either side of the aisle wearing "agenda clothing". I also get sick of the far left congresswomen doing those stupid white outfits, or I think one year, didn't they dress like Handmaid Tale characters?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2024, 10:05:10 AM »
. . . I also get sick of the far left congresswomen doing those stupid white outfits, . . .
When they wore white for Trump's SOTU address, he SHOULD have looked at them and said "Wow, all those white dresses . . . I haven't seen so many Democrats all wearing white gathered together in one place since I saw old newsreel footage of a Klan cross burning. I hope none of you brought matches tonight."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2024, 10:22:35 AM »
A few years ago when all those morons showed up in white someone on faceplace posted "I've not seen to many Democrats in white since they all used to belong to the Ku Klux Klan.

I reposted it on my board and some of my "friends" went absolutely nuts.

I laughed... hard. And proceed to give them a history lesson all the way up to Robert Byrd.

I'm truly surprised that my faceplace account survived that.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2024, 12:27:03 PM »
Here is the link for the SNL cold open mentioned above:

https://youtu.be/cCfLpuLdF8Q

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2024, 02:02:36 PM »
Probably still goes here. Interesting that the far left liberals of 2006, including Brandon and Chris Mathews - Chris Mathews! - would now be considered far right extremist with their views. This is only 18 years.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1766620423280578948

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/03/10/biden-2006-illegals-n2393822

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2024, 03:03:00 PM »
Probably still goes here. Interesting that the far left liberals of 2006, including Brandon and Chris Mathews - Chris Mathews! - would now be considered far right extremist with their views. This is only 18 years.

Could you imagine JFK running today? Heck Trump is probably far left of JFK
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2024, 04:32:55 PM »
JFK v Trump - which is the worst womanizer?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2024, 05:25:40 PM »
JFK v Trump - which is the worst womanizer?

Stormie Daniels vs. Marilyn Monroe?

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2024, 06:05:59 PM »
Libertarian (party) response to SOTU address

(At least they didn't have the pink haired woman from CO.)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2024, 08:01:01 PM »
Progressive Democrats absolutely refuse to believe that Robert Byrd was a democrat. Especially the politically active black democrats...

They should have teamed Trump with a group of fast speechwriters, put 'em in a small room to watch the thing, and then had him read the rebuttal. With him promising him to go word-for-word... And have at least a couple of the speechifyers be some of the folks who will Never Work In Hollywood Again...
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2024, 12:26:24 PM »
And at the Oscars, yeah they still exist for some reason.

Jimmy Kimmel mocks Katie Britt's SOTU rebuttal in Oscars speech: 'Adult woman with the brain of a child'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/jimmy-kimmel-mocks-katie-britts-sotu-rebuttal-oscars-speech-adult-woman-with-brain-child
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2024, 11:20:21 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyjZOUMzOlQ

Kamala Harris impersonator chick covers the SOTU.  "And here's Angry Joe yelling at ..."