Author Topic: recent Houston pd no knock raid UPDATED  (Read 10276 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
recent Houston pd no knock raid UPDATED
« on: February 01, 2019, 11:53:03 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXj71a54ot0

the first video here is supposed to be where the "dealers" were selling black tar heroin, honestly to my jaded seen a lot of bad stuff eyes, it really doesn't look like a drug house.

the second video here? yup, that's a drug den...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XmflR0MWXc

personally, i really dislike no knock raids.
the two dead people do look like pot smokers but hardly hardened heroin dealers.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 10:49:23 PM by gunsmith »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: recent Houston pd no knock raid
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 01:15:21 AM »
No knock (along with so-called "announce and enter") raids should be allowed only for apprehension of known, violent offenders.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 01:38:24 AM »
No knock (along with so-called "announce and enter") raids should be allowed only for apprehension of known, violent offenders.

Like Roger Stone?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 10:23:29 PM »

Not allowed at all.  Any sort of loophole would just be abused. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 10:28:34 AM »
You would have thought after the Waco fiasco that LE would give no knocks a second thought. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 10:33:09 AM »
You would have thought after the Waco fiasco that LE would give no knocks a second thought. 

They did. Their conclusion was that if they reduced no-knocks, it would cut down on the free MRAPs from Uncle Sugar.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
"It's good, though..."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 10:48:50 PM »
update!
its looking worse, it looks like the no knock warrant ended up with an innocent man and wife killed for resisting a home invasion.
they obviously had no idea it was the police.
no body cams on the cops?
its a cover up.
their narrative is beginning to fade, seems like the youtube guy is more informed than the media-hardly any mention of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tkt56yc-LU
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: recent Houston pd no knock raid UPDATED
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 09:22:30 AM »
Wow, I'm shocked, but it seems the Youtuber has some inside information. More reputable source:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/2019/02/07/houston-police-officer-took-part-raid-killed-2-relieved-duty

No reason given as to why, but he was correct someone was fired. The article notes several discrepancies between the search warrant and what was found.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 09:26:24 AM »
So there's a possibility a "confidential" informant (meaning unnamed, so nobody knows who he/she is) lied?

Where's my shocked face?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 09:34:12 AM »
There was a milwaukee cop killed doing one of these raids earlier this week.
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/2019/02/06/milwaukee-police-officer-shot-killed-what-we-know-so-far/2794480002/

There isn't much info out about what happened, the police said they were shouting 'POLICE' while battering the door down, I've also heard it was a no-knock warrant.
I've heard rumblings that they may have been serving a BAFTE warrant....
The suspect doesn't appear to have any prior criminal charges/convictions.

The local social media is pumping the story up about how the cop is a hero and its become a right-wing virtue-signal fest.

I'm waiting until more information comes out to pass any judgement. If it turn out to have been a BATFE warrant- *expletive deleted*ck him, its the price they pay for doing the batfe's dirty work.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2019, 11:18:49 AM »
Wow, I'm shocked, but it seems the Youtuber has some inside information. More reputable source:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/2019/02/07/houston-police-officer-took-part-raid-killed-2-relieved-duty

No reason given as to why, but he was correct someone was fired. The article notes several discrepancies between the search warrant and what was found.
All I heard on the local radio was an officer was off duty pending investigation though those words were not used.  I didn't think anyone was actually fired. 

Yeah, this doesn't look right.  All the Houston politicians and judges are Democrats now so I don't know if anything useful will come out of this.  We will see.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 12:40:12 AM »
https://reason.com/blog/2019/02/08/houston-cop-involved-in-deadly-drug-raid

Reason has entered the fray, sort of taking the cops side but calling the liars too.

The "wrong house" theory took a serious blow when it turned out that at least some of the officers who had participated in the raid also had participated in the investigation that led to it, meaning they surely would have noticed if they were 12 miles from where they were supposed to be. The description and address in the warrant affidavit make it clear that no such screwup occurred. But it is obvious from the outcome that other kinds of screwups did occur, possibly coupled with deliberate dishonesty.

my personal opinion is, it was the wrong house - the cops who took part in the controlled buy were probably just taking the word of their informant
and somehow whomever it was couldn't pronounce or spell or otherwise communicate the difference betwixt "hardy" and "harding".

"participated in the investigation" probably equals "talking about the case over donuts and coffee at a donut shop"

My brother is a lead detective in a multi jurisdictional drug enforcement task force, a perk is having a nice breakfast at a nice diner on newyorkers dime and time - where they discuss ongoing investigations and plans for the day.

I'm willing to bet these guys in HPD had their informant make a buy, and someone misunderstood the address but the cops had already filed the paperwork that they had been at the address already.

probably had done the same thing a bunch of times with nothing going wrong.

of course, i could be wrong

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 02:25:10 PM »
One of these days some group of idiot jackbooted thugs are gonna screw over the wrong person.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 03:11:25 PM »
I kinda wonder if the wife got shot to silence her and they just made that whole "reaching for an officer's weapon" story up
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 03:37:29 PM »
I kinda wonder if the wife got shot to silence her and they just made that whole "reaching for an officer's weapon" story up

I wasn't thinking that, but they had just shot the dog and I think it is reasonable to think she may have been moving/reaching for the dog, not the gun.  Since there is no video, there is nothing to dispute their story.

At the very least, it should be illegal to do these raids without all participants wired for video and sound.  And all participants should be in uniform with identification front and back.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 04:39:56 PM »
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/HPD-officer-connected-to-deadly-raid-shootout-13598143.php

Ultimately, investigators found small amounts of marijuana and cocaine, but no heroin. They also found two 12-gauge shotguns, a 20-gauge shotgun, a .22-caliber rifle and a second rifle — but no 9mm handgun described in the warrant
Some comments I saw on the other link made me go look at the Houston Chronicle.  They didn't mention a 357 mag handgun in that list.  Some misinformation on this whole story.  I guess it is safe to assume sloppy reporting for now.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 09:19:01 PM »
I wasn't thinking that, but they had just shot the dog and I think it is reasonable to think she may have been moving/reaching for the dog, not the gun.  Since there is no video, there is nothing to dispute their story.

At the very least, it should be illegal to do these raids without all participants wired for video and sound.  And all participants should be in uniform with identification front and back.

Absolutely.  There should be video recordings from every officer making the entry.  Hell, cams like this have turned out to be a boon for most cops that wear them, anyway.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 11:46:02 PM »

If I was the type, I could totally impersonate an officer.
I can't be for no knocks, one of these days a paranoid combat vet, well armed, is going to take a few police officers with him...
and it will be totally the wrong address.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2019, 05:02:49 PM »
https://youtu.be/ReFZIvVwopU
Mike the Cop is saying it is starting to come out that there was no informant who bought drugs at the house and the drugs supposedly tested that came from the house were from the officers patrol car, but didn't come from the house.  In other words, they lied on the documents to get a warrant. 

This article confirms that.  It starts off with an excuse to attack Trump before getting to the point. 
https://abcnews.go.com/US/houston-police-embroiled-scandal-lies-found-knock-warrant/story?id=60991293
In his application for a search warrant, Goines claimed he was outside the house and "observed the confidential informant" go into the house, make the heroin buy and came out and handed him the drugs, according to the internal affairs affidavit.

Goines gave investigators the name of the informant he said made the drug deal, according to the affidavit. But when the informant denied he had bought drugs from the house on the instruction of Goines, investigators confronted Goines, who then gave them another informant's name.

Internal affairs detectives interviewed all of the confidential informants Goines worked with "and all denied making a buy for Goines from the residence located at 7815 Harding Street, and ever purchasing narcotics from Rhogena Nicholas or Dennis Tuttle."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2019, 05:20:03 PM »
https://youtu.be/ReFZIvVwopU
Mike the Cop is saying it is starting to come out that there was no informant who bought drugs at the house and the drugs supposedly tested that came from the house were from the officers patrol car, but didn't come from the house.  In other words, they lied on the documents to get a warrant. 

This article confirms that.  It starts off with an excuse to attack Trump before getting to the point. 
https://abcnews.go.com/US/houston-police-embroiled-scandal-lies-found-knock-warrant/story?id=60991293

HPD should turn the investigation over to the Texas Rangers.  Actually the FBI ought to do it; it could be a death penalty case for the feds, but I don't trust the FBI.
"It's good, though..."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2019, 09:22:38 PM »
horrible, it appears as if they were executed to prevent embarrassment.
difficult to believe 

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2019, 10:45:09 PM »
difficult to believe 

I'm not what the average joe would consider paranoid or anti-cop. But anymore, I find a statement like the above less and less difficult to believe.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2019, 11:16:20 AM »
difficult to believe  
And with the lack of body cameras used in the incident makes it look a lot more suspicious.  Cameras should be a condition of such warrants even if the cops in the jurisdiction don't normally wear them. 

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2019, 09:50:26 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes