Author Topic: recent Houston pd no knock raid UPDATED  (Read 10277 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: recent Houston pd no knock raid UPDATED
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2019, 12:17:57 AM »
Houston Police to End No-Knock Warrant Raids After Four Officers Shot
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/02/daniel-zimmerman/houston-police-to-end-no-knock-raids-after-four-officers-shot/

thanks for the update, the guy who posted the videos in post one here - "news now houston" is in jail.
i believe in retaliation but i offer no proof.

it seems to be a big thing on youtube but nothing on drudge where i get my daily dose of outrage.

if youtube is correct, they were not uniformed police - plainclothes - broke in, shot the dog first.
heck, that would be enough for a lot of us to shoot back.

I want to believe the police - my own brother is a detective on a drug squad - i don't think his agency does the no knock thing tho
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2019, 10:05:23 AM »
My memory may be faulty, but I thought I heard they were tacticaled up in all black and may have had "POLICE" on, but only on back.  

There was also a comment I saw (no corroboration)  that claimed the guy didn't shoot back, but bolted for the back door and police out back fired at him with police coming in the front door in the line of fire.  Not sure if that is true.  Initially it was claimed he shot back with a revolver, but later no revolver showed up on lists of things found in the house.  If no one fired back, I would ask what the justification was for shooting them at all.  We will see.

I was talking with people at work yesterday and it was pointed out that the guy(s) who lied to get the warrant was one of those shot.  Makes me wonder what would have happened had there been no shooting and that guy was around to find "evidence".  And the shooting brought in a lot more cops than are normally there.  The whole thing stinks.  I haven't come across anyone yet who isn't suspicious of what was going on.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 05:34:55 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 10:09:13 AM »
I was talking with people at work yesterday and it was pointed out that the guy(s) who lied to get the warrant was on of those shot.  Makes me wonder what would have happened had there been no shooting and that guy was around to find "evidence".  And the shooting brought in a lot more cops than are normally there.  The whole thing stinks.  I haven't come across anyone yet who isn't suspicious of what was going on.

Meaning, I hope, suspicious of what was going on with the police. At this point it's pretty clear that there wasn't much "going on" with the two deceased residents insofar as criminal activity to have earned an armed SWAT team raid.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 10:22:45 AM »
We will see.

I really doubt that.  The police are very good at selectively losing evidence.  :police:
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 02:57:21 PM »
I really doubt that.  The police are very good at selectively losing evidence.  :police:

As well as selectively "finding" evidence. I read somewhere that the cop responsible for the fraudulent warrant had guns and bags of drugs in the trunk of his car. I haven't seen that corroborated, but the fact that even one outlet reported it raises serious questions.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2019, 05:35:51 PM »
Maybe I will have to look for news stories, but I heard there are hundreds of cases up for review that involved that officer and maybe that informant. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2019, 05:37:21 PM »
Meaning, I hope, suspicious of what was going on with the police. At this point it's pretty clear that there wasn't much "going on" with the two deceased residents insofar as criminal activity to have earned an armed SWAT team raid.
Suspicious of the police.  It is pretty obvious they had no evidence these people were doing anything.  However, if no one was shot or only the homeowners were shot, I have to wonder if the evidence would have been properly planted and this would not have hit the news like it did. 

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2019, 06:01:26 PM »
I'm surprised they didn't just burn down the house after the botched raid. It does happen you know  :old:
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

grampster

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2019, 06:30:03 PM »
I'm surprised they didn't just burn down the house after the botched raid. It does happen you know  :old:

That happened in a town near where we lived.  The local retarded adult male who peddled the local newspaper made a couple of perceived sexual remarks about wearing revealing clothing to a couple of teen aged girls.  The father of one of the girls pitched a bitch.  The "Perp" was known throughout the town.  The Chief of Police could have called him on the phone and told him to come in or stopped him while on his paper route.  The Perp was known to have a couple rifles.
Instead the local police, the county sheriff and the State Police mounted a huge SWAT attack.  The Perp said he had a gun so the house was surrounded, tear gas and flash bangs were implemented and the State Police SWAT crashed into the house.  Gunfire happened and a state trooper was killed.  It was suspected he was killed by friendly fire.  (Two high ranking State Police were "early retired" later.)  They pulled back and set the house on fire and burned it down.  The Perp had exited the house long before that and escaped.  A few days later he was tracked down in the national forest, his car surrounded and he was shot dead by a hail of gunfire from state police as he got out of his car.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2019, 10:45:02 PM »
 its genuinely scary for me to actually lose all trust in the police.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2019, 09:04:55 AM »
its genuinely scary for me to actually lose all trust in the police.
It should be genuinely scary for them to lose all trust of the public.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2019, 10:25:28 AM »
I still try to support law enforcement. Things would definitely be worse without them.
But, then I see so many of these things in the news or I get to watch my country sheriff manhandle a guy out of a public meeting because he didn't like his position on medical pot. Maybe could have absorbed that but seeing the sheriff use the guys face to open the door was a step to far.
It is my opinion the far too many law enforcement personnel have forgotten who they work for.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Pb

• friend
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2019, 12:06:16 PM »

I am afraid they are being trained that the public is out to kill them, and the solution is to shoot anyone who "may" be a threat without hesitation.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2019, 01:10:24 PM »

From what I've seen and experienced, all that most police want from the public is instant, unquestioning obedience . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

griz

• friend
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2019, 01:32:30 PM »
Edit, never mind, I missed the entire second page.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2019, 01:49:37 PM »
thanks for the update, the guy who posted the videos in post one here - "news now houston" is in jail.
i believe in retaliation but i offer no proof.
Any link to this news, or what charges were filed?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2019, 01:50:54 PM »
From what I've seen and experienced, all that most police want from the public is instant, unquestioning obedience . . .

Correct. The academies now train the cadets to demand -- and enforce -- unquestioning, instantaneous "compliance."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2019, 03:59:54 PM »
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Case-agent-at-center-of-botched-drug-raid-13634685.php
The officer who lied was released from the hospital.
Afterward, the FBI opened a civil rights investigation, the Houston Police Department announced sweeping policy changes and the Harris County District Attorney's Office began reviewing the more than 1,400 cases Goines worked on over the course of his career.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2019, 04:02:45 PM »
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Houston-chief-mayor-and-DA-set-to-speak-on-13630749.php

A week old, but FBI is opening a civil rights investigation for whatever that is worth.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Nothing-he-won-t-do-More-allegations-emerge-13631088.php
An article giving some history of that officer.  Probably should have been fired years ago.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 04:16:31 PM by MechAg94 »

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2019, 07:31:56 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMUARV21bvo

But hey, it's not anti-gun  ;/
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2019, 12:51:42 AM »
more on the guy that got the ball rolling
honestly , its very confusing to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAYHDCtBkGQ&t=147s

I find this guy to be trustworthy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAYHDCtBkGQ&t=147s

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2019, 10:49:36 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMUARV21bvo

But hey, it's not anti-gun  ;/
Nothing new for him.  The Houston political leadership are a bunch of liberals and so is he.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2019, 10:32:14 AM »
Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/03/houston-no-knock-raid-where-2-killed-4-police-wounded-results-in-4-retirements/#ixzz5jZTf0mLu
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Houston No-Knock Raid where 2 Killed, 4 Police Wounded, Results in 4 Retirements

Not a lot new.  Some of the officers involved retired including the one who lied to get the warrant. 

I am trying to keep an eye out for news on this, but I fear it will take a while before it is finally resolved. 

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2019, 11:21:46 AM »
Nice. Kill two innocent people, and the only punishment you face is retirement with a healthy pension.

And some people wonder why much of the populace doesn't respect police officers today.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2019, 03:51:56 PM »
Some more fallout:

https://www.statesman.com/news/20190426/27-more-cases-tied-to-houston-officers-in-drug-raid-to-be-dismissed

Synopsis: two of the officers involved in the raid who retired early (presumably to preserve their pensions) are considered to have such LOW credibility that 27 current cases they're linked to are being dismissed.

Prosecutors are "reviewing" around 2000 additional cases tied to these two unbelievable officers.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain