Author Topic: Foot in Shoe Identified  (Read 1419 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Foot in Shoe Identified
« on: February 07, 2019, 09:12:31 AM »
We've talked about these shoes with feet in them washing ashore before. I think this one in Washington (where I guess a lot wash ashore) is the first time one has been identified and linked to a person. I may be wrong, but I think most of these end up being mysteries.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-man-idd-from-human-foot-found-in-boot-that-washed-ashore
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Foot in Shoe Identified
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 09:18:39 AM »
We've talked about these shoes with feet in them washing ashore before. I think this one in Washington (where I guess a lot wash ashore) is the first time one has been identified and linked to a person. I may be wrong, but I think most of these end up being mysteries.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-man-idd-from-human-foot-found-in-boot-that-washed-ashore

Among the possibilities listed was "serial killer." The description of the deceased: "At the time, Neill was described as homeless with a history of depression, according to KOMO." This makes me lean towards that explanation. Otherwise, why are legs not washing ashore? Why not other body parts?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 09:28:04 AM »
Otherwise, why are legs not washing ashore? Why not other body parts?

IIRC, There was a physiological theory about why feet will break off the body as it decomposes in the water.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 09:32:12 AM »
They all had shoes or boots on them.  Makes me think that was the parts that small scavengers couldn't get to as easily and got separated from the body. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 09:45:46 AM »
They all had shoes or boots on them.  Makes me think that was the parts that small scavengers couldn't get to as easily and got separated from the body.  

Or the serial killer is dumping the bodies under netting so the crabs can eat them and the feet can get through the netting after other parts of the body are consumed.

(Since Tom Clancy seems to have been fairly prescient about how murders can work- see "Without Remose".)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 12:11:57 PM »
So it is a form of "Shoot, ???????, and Shut Up".
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 12:17:10 PM »
So it is a form of "Shoot, ???????, and Shut Up".

Shoot, Sink, Shut Up

bob

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 06:58:22 PM »
Scavengers can't get to the foot as easily, the shoe itself floats(most of them), and there are two of them.  So one breaks off, buoyancy results in it surfacing and hitting the shore.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 09:37:31 AM »
If the man was depressed, maybe it is just suicide by drowning.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 10:47:01 AM »

[tinfoil]
That's what they want you to think.
 [tinfoil]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 03:29:34 AM »

with just the foot, can they really confirm that you're really dead?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 12:48:58 PM »
And this is why you use pigs to get rid of the body...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 03:30:59 PM »
And this is why you use pigs to get rid of the body...

Do pigs eat soggy shoes?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2019, 05:37:49 PM »
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds