Author Topic: Reason Why Democrats Don’t Want Border Wall?  (Read 705 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Reason Why Democrats Don’t Want Border Wall?
« on: February 07, 2019, 11:01:33 AM »
I came across this link.  Do you think this is just tinfoil hat stuff?   I mark it down as believable, but the way this is written has a strong tinfoil hat smell.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/reason-why-democrats-dont-want-border-wall-the-dnc-and-clinton-foundation-both-reportedly-paid-off-by-mexican-cartels/
Reason Why Democrats Don’t Want Border Wall? The DNC and Clinton Foundation Both Reportedly Paid Off by Mexican Cartels

Jeffrey Peterson says the real reason the Democrats will never support the border wall – is that they are being paid off by the Mexican cartels.

https://dailycaller.com/2016/04/15/meet-hillarys-big-money-donor-who-moonlights-as-a-lawyer-for-mexican-drug-cartels/
Attorney Roberto Yzaguirre, who has represented many Gulf Cartel bosses, has donated $2,000 to Hillary Clinton’s election efforts.
The first story linked to this like it was a big deal, but the amount of money stated is not much.  

I mean the idea that cartels are funnelling money to politicians wouldn't surprise me one bit, but we probably need better proof than this before running with that sort of accusation.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 11:19:30 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Reason Why Democrats Don’t Want Border Wall?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 11:18:14 AM »
Shady foreigners pumping money into the Clinton Foundation? That would never happen.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 11:20:29 AM »
Shady foreigners pumping money into the Clinton Foundation? That would never happen.
When you put it that way..........Every other foreign group has given them money, why wouldn't the cartels do that also.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 11:24:23 AM »
Possible? Sure, but it's a totally unnecessary explanation when there are much simpler and believable ones.
https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/americans-used-support-border-wall-what-changed-their-minds
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 11:34:36 AM »
Our empire has many different tribes and factions.

Many of the tribes and factions are prospering with open borders, others may see it, the weakening of the majority tribe, as a path to gaining more power in the future.

It is an alignment of some of our tribes that are working against the good of the Nation as a whole merely for their tribal benefit.

Diversity breeds conflict.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 11:45:41 AM »
I seriously don't think bribes from the cartels are in any way shape or form necessary. The wall is just another in a long list of emotional issues for the dems and media to latch onto to play on people emotions. Every argument they put up against it is an emotional one, that plays to their voter base. Besides, if Trump is for it it must be bad. They couldn't care less if they cause the country goes up in flames if in doing so they beat Trump.
And lets not forget a wall would slow down the flow into the country of new government dependents aka democrats.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 11:51:38 AM »
No. It's election demographics. It's white guilt.

There doesn't need to be a MORE nefarious reason than importing a subject class that will vote for Democrats.

That's plenty bad enough.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought